Code of Conduct

Default Molinard- Vanille or Vanille Patchouli

First off, these are listed as "feminine", so can these be worn by a guy safely? Next, which one would you choose for wearing alone, and with layering? I'm aware that the patchouli is not very prominent, so no need to explain that to me. Which one do you like? What would be some fragrances you would layer this with? I own mostly designer fragrances, so keep that in mind. But you can offer any suggestions to inform other readers of possible options.

Default Re: Molinard- Vanille or Vanille Patchouli

To me They are super sticky sweet in a Victoria Secret body spray kind of way.

Have both in my collection and although they are both sweet still like them.

Quote Originally Posted by goody2141 View Post
    First off, these are listed as "feminine", so can these be worn by a guy safely? Next, which one would you choose for wearing alone, and with layering? I'm aware that the patchouli is not very prominent, so no need to explain that to me. Which one do you like? What would be some fragrances you would layer this with? I own mostly designer fragrances, so keep that in mind. But you can offer any suggestions to inform other readers of possible options.
    I also own both and am a fan of each. I do agree and would say the Vanille Patchouli is very similar to Vanille which makes it a bit redundant, but the bargain prices you can get these for makes it a worthwhile purchase. While many sites are selling these as Female fragrances, my research indicates they were actually Unisex on release by Molinard, though there is some debate on that, it is irrelevant as they are simply a beautiful take on the Vanilla note and definitely can be worn by a guy.

Sorry can't help on the layering options, I never layer my fragrances preferring the notes of each to be my scent of the day when applied, however I know the Vanille is popular for layering with other Basenoters. Hope this helps

I go with the Vanille for a pure vanilla scent.

Laurence Dumont Les Senteurs Gourmands have a wonderful Vanille Patchouli which is a great delight and a bargain.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.