Code of Conduct

Default Anyone ever used Scentmatchers?

I wanted Andron so bad, and couldn't find it anywhere, so I decided to try Scentmatchers. Big, Big Mistake ! I just got a bottle of so called Andron today and it's nothing like the Andron I knew. Funny thing is, I just used it about 15 minutes ago, and after the 15 min., there is absolutely no more scent detected on my skin. What the hell did they use, water and food coloring? I am out of 65 bucks !!!! Just a heads up to everyone here and please don't use them to have your favorite fragrance recreated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone ever used Scentmatchers?

I'd never think of it
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

See this thread I started:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=230974

An extract:

Scentmatchers (http://www.scentmatchers.com/home.html) website states that they "specialize in expertly duplicating discontinued perfume and cologne." The price is $59.99 for 3.4 oz, plus shipping.

So I went to the site and tested it out a little. First I typed a legitimate fragrance. They found a match in their database. They could recreate Creed's Feuille Verte.

But I wanted to test it out a little further.

I tried typing Creed as the house and Habit Rouge as the fragrance. They found a match in their database.

Then Mazzolari and Apricot. Same result.

Then Sewage and Barf. Same result.

Then blank and gerbils. Same result.

Then blank and blank. Yes, they can match that too!

Then I said I wanted to make a fragrance from scratch that smelled like spinach and Martians. Again a match! They can do it!

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pug911, since it appears you were defrauded on the Internet, consider sending a complaint to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. See:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Wish that I knew about this forum before ordering from Scentmatchers. There is a refund policy on their website, but I doubt that they would honor that, but I will try. Well, a hard lesson learned. It seems like I am not the only one who got duped and won't be the last either and there's a lot of complaints have been filed against these people. But ofcourse, nothing has been done. By the way, the day that I found this forum, was the day that I bought a legimate Andron bottle from one of the Basenoters here. So, not all was lost.

I read in a recent post where a member had gone to one of these "immitation" places and was quite impressed with their version of Gucci Nobile.

Anyone remember the name of the thread?

Now, if these places would only successfully immitate Patou PH...

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead53 View Post
    I read in a recent post where a member had gone to one of these "immitation" places and was quite impressed with their version of Gucci Nobile.

Anyone remember the name of the thread?

Now, if these places would only successfully immitate Patou PH...
    I found out about this place afterwards, and they sound genuinely legitimate, but expensive:
    http://www.marteccisfinefragrances.com/

I put in the most vile smells i can think of in my native language (not English) and still got a match in their database. Scentmatchers is definitely a scam.
    Last edited by lsp_NY; 24th July 2009 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, like I said in the previous thread, it would be kind of hard to match scents of the quality and complexity of the vaulted vintage Tabarome or some (sadly, and much too soon) deceased Guerlains.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pug911 View Post
    I found out about this place afterwards, and they sound genuinely legitimate, but expensive:
    http://www.marteccisfinefragrances.com/
    One thing that makes me less comfortable with this site is its design. Looks like it was designed in the mid-90s!

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pug911 View Post
    Wish that I knew about this forum before ordering from Scentmatchers. There is a refund policy on their website, but I doubt that they would honor that, but I will try. Well, a hard lesson learned. It seems like I am not the only one who got duped and won't be the last either and there's a lot of complaints have been filed against these people. But ofcourse, nothing has been done. By the way, the day that I found this forum, was the day that I bought a legimate Andron bottle from one of the Basenoters here. So, not all was lost.
    Let us know how they handle the return policy.

They really need to be put out of business.

Angry Re: Anyone ever used Scentmatchers?

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Let us know how they handle the return policy.

They really need to be put out of business.
    I was SO excited to place an order with scentmatchers. It took about 5 weeks to get my perfume. I emailed them and let them know the scent was not as expected. I was being kind because it was soooo far off you would have thought they mixed up my order! I got a response on where to return the product. They apologized and said I would be refunded. That was 90 days ago. I have sent several email inquiries since then and called several times (the phone is never answered), leaving messages. Clearly they are ingnoring me, and do not intend to refund my money. I am out 66.00. Should have put my money toward the real thing.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jennib View Post
    I was SO excited to place an order with scentmatchers. It took about 5 weeks to get my perfume. I emailed them and let them know the scent was not as expected. I was being kind because it was soooo far off you would have thought they mixed up my order! I got a response on where to return the product. They apologized and said I would be refunded. That was 90 days ago. I have sent several email inquiries since then and called several times (the phone is never answered), leaving messages. Clearly they are ingnoring me, and do not intend to refund my money. I am out 66.00. Should have put my money toward the real thing.
    I will say what I said in #4, jennib:

Since it appears you were defrauded on the Internet, consider sending a complaint to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. See:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I just received my patou prive knock off from scent marchers nothing like prive! Absolute scam stay away!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

how could any reasonable person not expect this to be a sham

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskal View Post
    I just received my patou prive knock off from scent marchers nothing like prive! Absolute scam stay away!
    only 1 post. could be a shill, created by a competing company. conspiracy lol. jk

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I'd never think of it
    Nor would I.

I probably wouldn't try anything like this, especially at those prices.