Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default New Bond- Scent of Peace

Notes of bergamot-pineapple-juniper berry-blackcurrant-cedarwood-vetiver-patchouli-moss-musk..

Anyone try this?
    The notes seem kinda playful..
    Maybe an Original Santal Copy?

Default Re: New Bond- Scent of Peace

This one's not new, has been around for a while Tony. Or is this a new men's version? The female one from 2006 smells like D&G Light Blue (for women).

Edit: yup, new version for men. Oops!

Yeah, they sent me a thing in the mail promoting this. I own a lot of Bond fragrances, but I doubt I will go out of my way to try it - not a fan of the whole "Peace" name issue with Bond No. 9 - But if I am in a store that has it sometime, I will probably give it a try... Notes actually do sound sort of nice, but you never know. I would like to hear some feedback on this one just out of curiosity.

Realy nice. A little like aventus without the smokey note and nuclear longevity and projection. One of the best Bond to this date. A real crowd pleaser.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thx Fresh28

I blind bought it. To me, it smells even more like Light Blue for Women than their first Scent of Peace does. I wore it the other day, and thought to myself, hey someone is wearing Light Blue, but it was me!

I'm looking forward to checking this one out at Sak's later this month. I hope it's better than the women's version, which is just OK (even though my wife owns and enjoys a large bottle).

I loved it. Parts Aventus and parts Bleeker Street... to my nose. There's some other aspects to it, fresh and clean scent that really has my attention as possibly my next bottle I'll own from Bond No. 9.

A lot of BN'ers might not like it, it's too close to a few other scents, but it's different enough to be added to my collection. Only other scent that got my attention from Bond No. 9 like this was Riverside Drive. That was a purchase on the spot. Manhattan also got my attention - which, despite it's heavier notes wears well in warm weather (a must since I'm going back to Jamaica soon).
    Last edited by gerbick; 1st December 2013 at 11:09 PM.

My pleasure Tony T. I am surprised that Scent of peace for him does not get more attention

Really want to try this! Does sound redundant for my collection though as I already own Aventus and Bleecker St.

Not interested in buying this. This experience soured me.

http://www.thenonblonde.com/2008/01/...l#.UpwroN_Tm70
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Its from 2001-2 lool

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I loved it. Parts Aventus and parts Bleeker Street...
    Interesting. Yes, this calls for a test...

Have to get a sample of this one. Thanks for the info.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thx for the link Primrose..
    they had another issue with a recent release..
    I forgot what it was but somebody hopefully will mention it

Just got a sample of this. Wearing it today. I must say, this is good stuff. Similarities to Aventus are unmistakable. But not an attempt to copy - it is rather different. Instead of the smokey brich depth that Aventus has, this has a a cedar and vetiver undertone - the vetiver is quite pronounced. I love Aventus. I love vetiver.

Scent of Peace for Him = Aventus Sport 2013.

Possibly my new favorite from 2013.

^^^ didn't Bond already do an Aventus (the http one)... I've seen people refer to that one as 'Bondventus' and heard it's pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    ^^^ didn't Bond already do an Aventus (the http one)... I've seen people refer to that one as 'Bondventus' and heard it's pretty good...
    Yes they did - I was a little surprised they came out with this one too. I will need to pull out my sample of that one and do a side-by-side, but from what I am smelling now, and from what I remember of the http one, I think I like this better - but will need a direct comparison soon.

Maybe they realized the online-only distribution idea for the other was a bad idea, and still wanted to capitalize on the genre so came up with this to eventually replace the previous one. Just a guess.

I love this one. This will be my first full bottle in 2014. Hits the vibe I want almost exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Yes they did - I was a little surprised they came out with this one too. I will need to pull out my sample of that one and do a side-by-side, but from what I am smelling now, and from what I remember of the http one, I think I like this better - but will need a direct comparison soon.
    Any thoughts on a direct comparison of HTTP and Scent of Peace for him? I'm quite curious about this one, but it doesn't look like it has arrived at my local Nordstrom yet. I have an HTTP sample though, but I do plan on seeking this one out.

Uhm... is the bow tie on the bottle removable? I love the blue glass, but the bow tie looks cheesy.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Default New Bond- Scent of Peace

Today, I just got my bottle of The Scent of Peace for Him in the mail from Saks. I haven't tried Bond9.com yet, so I can't speak to how they compare. Upon first spray, I was a little disappointed. It is nice, but that is about it. It smells very familiar. The pineapple at the top is not unlike Aventus, but it is totally lacking the smokey base. As it dries down, the vetiver and woody notes come out. It is more of a fresh and green vetiver and retains its sweet fruity notes.

I did compare it to the women's version, and they are quite similar. It basically smells like a more masculine (wood, vetiver) version of the original women's fragrance. My wife wears this a lot, and that is why the men's seemed so familiar to me. I also see the comparisons to Bleecker Street, which I also own a full bottle.

Overall, it's not bad. I can see this being very popular with the masses, but I think it will be "must sample first and probably pass" for most Basenoters. I am going to hold off on wearing this until the spring and summer, but I can see getting a lot of compliments. It's nice and modern, but it's nothing groundbreaking or extraordinary.

Also for what it's worth, my bottle did not even come with a bow tie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Any thoughts on a direct comparison of HTTP and Scent of Peace for him? I'm quite curious about this one, but it doesn't look like it has arrived at my local Nordstrom yet. I have an HTTP sample though, but I do plan on seeking this one out.

Uhm... is the bow tie on the bottle removable? I love the blue glass, but the bow tie looks cheesy.
    I bought a sample of the HTTP one months ago but haven't worn it in a while. The Scent of Peace sample I have (I can't answer your question about the cheesy bow tie) did "wow" me a bit more. But since smelling that, I have been meaning to revisit the HTTP one and do a side-by-side. I think I just might do that tomorrow. If I remember to do that, I will post any thoughts I have about them.

I have a feeling I will be getting Scent of Peace - and possibly the HTTP (depending on tomorrow's wearing) when they do the "buy 2 get 1 free" sale.

I like Scent of Peace for Him. If I had known of this petty aggression by B. 9 against these other perfumers, I would have not bought a bottle. Odd thing is that I like the name less than everything else about SOPH. Smells like a blending of Mister Marvelous and Aventus, two fragrances I like, but there really is little that is peaceful about it. It is kind of a bitter, cold fragrance but is strangely attractive.

I had a bottle, briefly, of HTTP and I thought it was a pretty direct attempt at emulating Creed Aventus. I couldn't get past that comparison. Sent of Peace for Him is cold and green, but there is a synthetic chemical ingredient in it that is also the primary ingredient in Byredo's Mister Marvelous. So I think of SOPfH as a mix of Mister Marvelous and HTTP or Aventus. Its a very cold green version of M. Marvelous. I like SOPH, but not as much as Aventus, and almost as much as Mr. Marvelous. Probably you will need to sniff it for yourself. It's not bad, but similar to other recent green vaporous scents.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 10th January 2014 at 03:26 AM.

Pardon the dumb question but which fragrance is HTTP?

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Pardon the dumb question but which fragrance is HTTP?
    It's http://www.bond9.com (The URL is the actual name of the fragrance...quite confusing!)

bond9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    It's http://www.bond9.com (The URL is the actual name of the fragrance...quite confusing!)

bond9.jpg
    Ah! Thanks for that. I've seen that bottle before and remember thinking to myself the first time I saw it, "Hmmm, that's strange...why put your web address on the front of fragrance bottle?" It all makes sense now. Haha

I need to sample this
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Tried this one recently, it was quite nice. Too expensive for what it is at full retail, but I would consider picking it up when it eventually hits a more reasonable price point at the online discounters. This is the first Bond release in a long time to really catch my fancy.

Bond actually had the gall to accuse me of selling a fake bottle on Ebay a few weeks back. They had eBay take it down. The hilarious part was that I bought it directly to begin with from their store on Park Avenue!!! It was their own freaking bottle! Wow. Now that's hubris. I will make every effort to buy all future Bonds from second hand parties. They had no proof whatsoever! I was listing it accurately as a used bottle, too.

My last two experiecnces have left a bad taste in my mouth. That's a shame because my trip to the store in NYC had been such a great memory for me and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I will make every effort to buy all future Bonds from second hand parties.
    You hold less of a grudge than I would. That would probably be the end of all Bond No.9 purchases for me - from anywhere.

They sure do know how to anger people. Every year it seems like another thing with them - the Purfumed Court flap, Creed issues, racial claims, "Peace" issues, etc. I think they make some really nice scents, and own many, but If I were ever going to stop buying from a fragrance company for non-fragrance reasons - they would be at the top of the list for sure.

Bond actually had the gall to accuse me of selling a fake bottle on Ebay a few weeks back. They had eBay take it down. The hilarious part was that I bought it directly to begin with from their store on Park Avenue!!! It was their own freaking bottle! Wow. Now that's hubris. I will make every effort to buy all future Bonds from second hand parties. They had no proof whatsoever! I was listing it accurately as a used bottle, too.

My last two experiecnces have left a bad taste in my mouth. That's a shame because my trip to the store in NYC had been such a great memory for me and my family.
    Wow. Just another example in the long list of reasons why this company sucks. I will never give them a dime.

That's crazy. They don't even recognize their own product.

(2899)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I didnt know they had a store on Park Avenue, or did you mean Madison Avenue?

I'm not surprised that a company which so blatantly rides the coattails of others is so quick to go so far overboard with attempts to protect their brand.

It's a shame. Bond has done so many things right in building their brand identity. They really have. But it does seem like there's a mean spirit behind their cheery pop-culture facade. And I don't say "pop-culture" as an insult. Where Creed seems focussed on presenting an image of elegance and class, Bond seems focussed on being trendy and fun. Creed aims to be timeless. Bond is the pinnacle of the here and now. Neither approach is better nor worse. They're both successful strategies. But it does seem like being successful isn't enough for Bond. They need to rub others' noses in it. It's a shame.

Okay, now that I've just smelled this. Here are my .02 cents, worth $58 and some change lol. It starts out slightly green with a fig vibe to my nose as in something like philosykos and the pineapple is clearly there. This is short lived. Mid way through its almost candy-ish and playful but this phase is short lived. It gets to where its going quickly enough, where the pineapple is not ever present as in the beginning, but takes a back seat to blend with some soft woods. I will say that it wants to be Aventus, minus the smokey birch via current formulation, but it isn't. I fact, I never got the feeling that this was blended well and the dry down is almost nauseating. For me, this is another failure by Bond. I don't get any part of Bleeker Street, which I prefer and is the only Bond I'll purchase. The bottle is blue with a cheap bow tie. How many blue bottles do they have now? This doesn't evoke peace to my mind as it is very discordant and not peaceful. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but this doesn't do it for me.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 10th January 2014 at 08:13 PM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I didnt know they had a store on Park Avenue, or did you mean Madison Avenue?
    My bad. I've been to NYC just once. You are correct.

Nordstrom showed this one as not available locally, but I dropped by anyway, just in case, and there it was... so, I got a sample. It's definitely in the same general arena as scents like HTTP, Bleecker, and Brooklyn, not to mention Aventus... but there's a dirtiness to the Scent of Peace For Him that ruins it for me. The top is very very nice though.

Comparing it directly to HTTP: HTTP opens with a sharper juicy citrus, whereas SOPFM opens with more of a very fresh fruit. HTTP evolves (or fades, really) to reveal patchouli, amber and musk whereas SOPFM fades into a scent more like what Brooklyn becomes, but with an added dirty vetiver.

...it's not for me.

Scent of Peace for Him = Aventus Sport 2013..
    Second sample wear of this for me today, and granted, its my first foray into the house, but I love it, and Aventus Sport is a pretty good description, I think. Honestly, it remained freshly, slightly intoxicating for 8+ hours on me, too.

Planning a purchase for spring/summer '15 since I have recently spent so much already, and project to have a hole to fill by then.

Spring/summer '15? Holy cow. You plan ahead!

Not a fan of this one...but I have to say, the longevity on this sucker is insane...I sprayed some on the top of my hand at the store, and went home. Didn't like the stuff, and then I realized that it had gotten on the inside of my jacket...every time, and I do mean every time I wear that jacket, it transfers over to the back of my hand and I smell it all day long...from that one or two sprays at the store...yeah, that was in November and it still happens. I really want it to stop...the problem is that it is a leather jacket so I can't just throw it in the wash. It goes on and on and on and on and then on some more. Be prepared if you go for it...you might just need a sample spray to last you for the rest of your life.

Spring/summer '15? Holy cow. You plan ahead!
    Haha, I guess, but after sampling and buying so much lately, I feel sure enough about this one to want it. Just had to prioritize and it didn't make the budget this year, and it'll be nice to anticipate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    Not a fan of this one...but I have to say, the longevity on this sucker is insane...I sprayed some on the top of my hand at the store, and went home. Didn't like the stuff, and then I realized that it had gotten on the inside of my jacket...every time, and I do mean every time I wear that jacket, it transfers over to the back of my hand and I smell it all day long...from that one or two sprays at the store...yeah, that was in November and it still happens. I really want it to stop...the problem is that it is a leather jacket so I can't just throw it in the wash. It goes on and on and on and on and then on some more. Be prepared if you go for it...you might just need a sample spray to last you for the rest of your life.
    I agree - the persistence is mind-boggling. There needs to be a sixth star on the longevity ratings for this one.

For me, it has a wonderful sillage, but the scent on my skin is just a bit unpleasant. It's odd. If I put some on my wrist, holding my hand away from me, I get a truly wonderful fragrance every few minutes. But sniff my wrist, and it's just mediocre. This could be a good one for other people to smell, kinda like another pricey niche frag for men that begins with an "A", that is hard for the wearer to smell.

I smelled Scent of Peace side by side with Aventus on the other wrist and Aventus is far superior, no question about that. It was a humbling experience for Scent of Peace which doesn't smell peaceful at all. Its not a bad fragrance, is solidly in the OK category and was probably good for some late season $$ for the Bond corporate machine. A Scent of Peace needs to work its "magic" with the corporate paranoia and omni directional aggression from the Bond No. 9 corporate Dementors.

i agree with you buzzlepuff. its no match at all for aventus, not even in the same solar system. Its zara sprint bad. smells like
    some weird mix of zara sprint and blu chanel. Bond doesnt even pretend to be in this for the art form, sigh. i will say though, they get alot of grief about their business practices and their policing of their product in terms of resales; but i must admit that BOnd has been the most generous of all houses in terms if their samplig program in my opinion. therefore I can understand their policing of their product. i see it as quality control vs "being greedy". the true greed is manifested in the speed with which they pump out new fragrances with ibviously very little creative passion behind it. it will be interesting to see if they are able to sustain themselves in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    For me, it has a wonderful sillage, but the scent on my skin is just a bit unpleasant. It's odd. If I put some on my wrist, holding my hand away from me, I get a truly wonderful fragrance every few minutes. But sniff my wrist, and it's just mediocre.
    This is exactly what I think, except that when I sniff my wrist, there's something almost foul. Something dirty. But when smelled from a distance, the scent is nice. I assume it's the difference between the lighter top/mid notes and the heavier base. And, by "lighter" I don't mean softer. I mean light in terms of the weight of the molecules. There's an airiness about the fruit and berries part of Scent Of Peace For Him that seems to push out further than the woody base. It's almost as if this scent wears in two layers, kind of like when you go to a bar and order a Black & Tan (the Guinness floats because it is lighter in weight even though we think of it as a heavy flavor).

I'd never wear the Scent Of Peace For Him on a date! I'd be afraid that she'd enjoy the smell, and then if we got cozy, she might put her head on my chest, sniff and think "Ew... what's that?!"

This one is nice from a distance, but up close - at least for me - it's an Ew! Maybe it's great for wearing when you're sick and you wouldn't want anyone to get too close anyway...?

Interesting. I spent a whole day wearing SOPFH on one arm and HTTP on the other. I didn't detect anything "foul" with it. Unless you compare it to Aventus, then maybe you could possible refer to the composition as a whole as foul... But that would be a little hyperbole in my opinion.

It is different from Aventus. And a bit different from HTTP. It almost seems like HTTP splits the difference between SOPFH and Aventus.

HTTP smells much more like Aventus than SOPFH, but it's a bit lighter and fruitier than Aventus, and has the "Bond" radiation to it.

Only Bond I have liked so far is New Haarlem. Bond line, no matter how good the notes are in whatever particular fragrance I'm looking into...once I smell it there is ALWAYS something in it that I dislike and comes off synthetic in a bad way. Bleecker Street was decent but I ended up selling it.

Interesting. I spent a whole day wearing SOPFH on one arm and HTTP on the other. I didn't detect anything "foul" with it. Unless you compare it to Aventus, then maybe you could possible refer to the composition as a whole as foul... But that would be a little hyperbole in my opinion.
    If you're referring to my comment, you'll notice that I didn't compare it to Aventus. When I said 'foul,' I was referring to something dirty. Something that smells just a bit rank when sniffed up close. There's something in the base that smells off to me. Maybe it's the combination of an earthy vetiver and something... but what? Eh, I don't know. I'd swear I recognize some of the Brooklyn base in this one. How many scents a year does Bond crank out? It seems like each is a greatest hits combo of parts of the many that came before.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 13th January 2014 at 10:53 PM.

If you're referring to my comment, you'll notice that I didn't compare it to Aventus. When I said 'foul,' I was referring to something dirty. Something that smells just a bit rank when sniffed up close. There's something in the base that smells off to me. Maybe it's the combination of an earthy vetiver and something... but what? Eh, I don't know. I'd swear I recognize some of the Brooklyn base in this one. How many scents a year does Bond crank out? It seems like each is a greatest hits combo of parts of the many that came before.
    No - sorry - I was referring to your comment about smelling something "foul", but I wasn't implying you were comparing it to Aventus. I was comparing it to Aventus. I do pick up on the vetiver. I didn't notice anything foul - or Brooklyn-like. But now I am interested in seeing what you were smelling. I will have to revisit it again soon with this in mind.

I bought this... It's Fantastic!!! My Mother asked me what I was wearing when I made this my Sotd!!! My Mom never mentions anything about my Fragrance... never... This was a big deal if you know what I mean... The lasting power is outrageous with this scent!!! My Wife is in Love with this fragrance!!! I'm a Huge Bond Fan and was blown away when I first smelled this... Glad I made the purchase!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    Gotta say, I've had a change of heart...well, I don't know if I can say that. I got a sample of this from Saks a while back that wasn't an official sample. They filled a little non-sprayer bottle with it. I have been to the Bond counter quite a few times since then but I haven't had any desire to smell it again because I 'thought' I didn't like the stuff. Well, I was there the other day and the Bond guy sprayed it on a card and handed it to me without me knowing what he had sprayed on it (I was looking the other way) when I smelled it I asked him what it was. He said it was Scent of Peace for Him and I was surprised. It smelled sooo good. I asked him if I could have a sample and he gave me one to take home. I got home and put some of the official sample on one test strip and the one I had in the non-sprayer bottle on another and they were very different. I mean, I could smell Scent of Peace for Him mingled in with the smell coming from the one bottle, but there was something else mixed in that made it really bad. I have come to the conclusion that the bottle that they put my SOPFH already had some other Bond fragrance in their without them realizing it, and the mixture of the 2 was NOT good.

That being said, I really like SOPFH! I'm glad I got another smell of it. It's quite unique and, people, just because it has pineapple in it doesn't mean they are trying to copy Aventus. Aventus doesn't have sole rights to pineapple so stop saying that any and every frag that has pineapple in it is an Aventus wanna be. If you have any experience with the original Scent of Peace you can smell the original Scent of Peace base in Scent of Peace for Him...they added some other notes to make it more masculine and I think they did a great job. So, if you're going to compare this to Aventus then I guess you have to say that Aventus is a copy of the original Scent of Peace which was created long before Aventus in 2006 because SOPFH is based off of Scent of Peace with pineapple and some other notes thrown in. I'm not saying that the original Scent of Peace and Aventus smell alike in the slightest, I'm just saying that if SOPFH is has the SOP base, then Aventus must have stolen that base if SOPFH and Aventus smell the same. Stop letting your fear of something smelling better than Aventus because it has pineapple stop your from enjoying other frags that have pineapple in it that don't smell anything like Aventus. Sheesh!

Ok, I'm done...SOPFH is AWESOME, now that I've smelled the real deal, not some strange mixture with the real deal in it.
    Last edited by Kybid; 18th June 2014 at 10:14 PM.

Is OP a Miscer?