Code of Conduct

Default Shipping fragrance from Italy to USA? Anyone?

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with shipping fragrance from Italy to the USA? A family member in south Italy wants to send me a present (fragrance) and I am not sure how they should do it.. Any experiences?
    Thanks..

Default Re: Shipping fragrance from Italy to USA? Anyone?

I have shipped only three packages of fragrances over the last decade from Italy. I used DHL Express in each case - once from Milano, once from Sorrento and once from Firenze. All arrived in 3-4 days door to door to the East Coast with customs clearance. That's the only experience I have.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Yep DHL is the way to go, even the firm I work at receives all kinds of packages and all different weights from all over Italia and it's always DHL.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Yep DHL is the way to go, even the firm I work at receives all kinds of packages and all different weights from all over Italia and it's always DHL.
    Hey, thanks guys I am going to look into DHL.. The fragrances are very heavy so I hope it wont cost a fortune.. Oh btw do they have insurance and tracking?

Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    Hey, thanks guys I am going to look into DHL.. The fragrances are very heavy so I hope it wont cost a fortune.. Oh btw do they have insurance and tracking?
    Absolutely. My packages were also heavy. Not cheap but the easiest and safest way. Make sure you use DHL Express International and not just DHL package service.
    Last edited by hednic; 8th July 2014 at 01:07 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Good luck with that, last couple of times I tried to use DHL/UPS to ship fragrances to US/Canada I received the packet back to my door. A cheaper and still fairly safe option is "Posta Raccomandata" by Italian Posts (that works, although it takes longer).
    My current top five:

Etro - Vetiver
    Slumberhouse - Ore
    Parfum d'Empire - Cuir Ottoman
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    Geo F Trumper - Curzon

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

My sales - WORLDWIDE | Vtg Signoricci 1 & Signoricci 2 - EDT 200 ML BNIB | http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...DT-200-ML-BNIB