Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Good morning, folks!

I am enjoying a Dzing! day... heavily spritzed myself and that's the way to do it.
    Forget the circus... that image has been stressed way too much. Wearing it feels like being involved into slightly too much dirty talk (Hi Quarry !) or having slept on a rough leather sheet on a hot and sweaty summer's night.
    This is one I had in my wardrobe and the first to re-appear... soon!

Best to all

Default Re: SotD Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Not sure you have made Dzing sound that appealing, Larimar!!

I need to defrost my wheels and gingerly negotiate our downward-sloping,
    icy driveway to freedom. Wearing Fendi and I have a cold - so look out
    people....
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Last edited by danny1967; 22nd January 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Morning All,

I'm wearing Fumerie Turque today. Much of the snow from Sunday has now turned to icy slush. Mind how you go, Kewart and I hope your cold clears up soon.

Have a lovely day, folks.

Banned

hello Larimar, Kewart, and all

oh i love Dzing whan i was buying my Vanilia, i was making decision between Dzing and Vanilia.....i also cant get any circus with that thing, i get cardboard, the drydown is very nice, but i went with easier sweeter option, all L Artizans are in a waz transparent light, they never feel heavy! so i think they need to be applied properly hehehe

i am joining the club of stinkers with Amouage Gold on some days it feels nobel luxurious very different!....but its one of those scents that i can hardly understand there are people who name it number one on their top list its very bitter!!

Blog Entries

Morning all!

l'll be off to work soon, wearing Sheer Obsession again, my favourite daytime winter warmer.

Still a mixture of snow, ice & slush here, & very cold. l'm hoping for more snow later!

Take care out there, everyone.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Today I smell of Parfums MDCI Chypre Palatin

Good morning!.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Gobin Daude Nuit au Desert. Cold here.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, windy and cold (21F) here today. Lately I'm finding I enjoy florals in cold weather, in fact the colder it is the better they work on me. So today it is vintage Diorissimo. So beautiful.

Kewart feel better and be careful in the ice and snow, ditto everyone contending with same.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Much respect to you L - I can't handle Dzing! at all. An olfactory car crash on me (smelled like a shire horse after a hard day toiling with the plough).

Still below freezing here, and the heating in the lavs has broken at work. Need to go carefully otherwise icicles will be forming in all sorts of unimaginable places

SotD is Back to Black.

Hope you feel better soon, kewart.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 22nd January 2013 at 07:03 PM.

Royal Gold by Charriol

Thumbs up Re: SotD Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

SotD - Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Good morning everyone!

I had a nice long run in LizSport earlier, and now I'm in Chanel No5, several layers of it, lol ...soap, bath oil as moisturizer (divine!) and, although I was very well-fragranced and could have stopped there, a few spritzes of vintage-80s edp ...I just can't ever resist the spritz.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Hope you feel better soon, Kewart!

Had a really hard time getting on Basenotes this morning, don't know if it was just me or a site problem. It's still dreadfully cold, even worse than yesterday, but hopefully it's suppose to warm to -3F today.

SotD is Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir.

Stay warm and safe, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Lately I'm finding I enjoy florals in cold weather, in fact the colder it is the better they work on me.
    Yes, this- me, too! Other than Fleur Oriental, I've barely touched my so-called "winter scents" this year. BTW, this new avatar is even lovelier than the last one- you're a beautiful gal!

Sending a big get-well hug to Kewart!

30R, that hand cream looks really nice and what a bargain! The beeswax- this is why I've been using the Burt's Bees lately; my excema seems to respond to it very well. And I'd be remiss in not mentioning FrouFrou's homemade cream; a sample jar of it got me through last winter. It smells wonderful, she uses ylang, rose and lavender to fragrance it. I wonder if she's still making it?

Speaking of florals, I'm in HdP Tubereuse 1 today. This is turning out to be one of my most worn of the winter. I have spring fever already, thank goodness for flowers in perfume!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Finally applied fragrance. I'm craving orangey citrus but with warmth so wearing Cacharel Amor Amor. Slightly too sweet to totally meet my craving but very cheap and very cheerful.

The view from my kitchen window is very uplifting, snowy Pennine hills fronted by a winter wonderland of kids sledging and playing snowballs on the cul de sac. So pleased that the combo of a poorly car and sciatica led me to work at home

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm doing a lot of running around today, wearing Gingerale.

Narciso Rodriguez for her Musc intense. Very nice in the cold.

L de Lolita Lempicka for me all day today - the poor man's Musc Ravageur. Goes really well with the crazy rain we've been having.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Good evening.

SotD has been my beloved Gomma by Etro.

Have a nice evening, fragrant people.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

queen of the universe

Cold and snow here. Itchy from water exercise and whirlpools—all that chlorine—I smartly warm up my Shalimar lotion under the electric blanket. I get out of bed smooth and unruffled to face the day (:
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Heeley Iris de Nuit.

Good Evening,

I received a wonderful packet of vintage Chanel samples (besides others ) today from a certain BN angel. The generosity of members here never ceases to gladden my heart. Thank You !

Going with No.5 EdC tonight ( from said packet ). I think I'm at real risk of developing Repetitive Sniffing Injury. It's worth it, though.

Best to all.

Wearing Yatagan, happy for the warmer weather.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Naughty boys, Larimar and Jon, putting images in an impressionable girl's mind early in the day. How you make me smile.

Healing vibes for Kewart.

Yes, Kiliwia, Basenotes is e-floundering again. Reminds me how my father always drove an old car, and we could just never be sure when it would break down on the side of the road.

Wearing some husband-pleasing ICONOfly Attaché-Moi today.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

This site's too buggy.
    Will try again later.

Aftelier Wild Roses
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

Hurry up...before Basenotes crashes again!!!

Cacharel Pour l'Homme by Cacharel

I'd love to wear this more often (it's beautiful) but my decant is almost empty.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Evening, all!

We've had snow, sleet, rain & wind here today. The existing snow is fast disappearing leaving a few patches of ice, & the new snow won't lay because the ground is too wet. Boo!

SOTE is Stoned.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Jon you smell wonderful this (your) evening!!!

gandhajala you smell wonderful too

Thank you again, oh kind BN folk, for supporting my venturing into photo ops territory . I do love our corner of the Earth.

shadesofbleu you are absolutely right. It is the austere beauty of the southwestern desert that is so enchanting to me.

Quarry I am happy I was able to take you to places you have never been .

Twolf oh I am a princess too when it comes to camping. We are not roughing it in the tent, no...few years ago my hubby convinced me to purchase a pop up camper which is a blessing to sleep in. Which parts of the state did you get to see in 2007?

SOTD wonderful Sarrasins shared with me generously by jujy. It took me a second try to fully appreciate it.

Hey again, y'all -

Still in No5 this afternoon, I just topped off with a few generous dabs of 70s parfum.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Teatro alla Scala for me today...still on my Krizia kick

I'm wearing La Reine Margot-Les Parfums Historiques.

A belated happy birthday to southerngardens

I spent yesterday doing some sampling, courtesy of a very generous Basenoter. Thanks to her, I could have joined several of you fragrant lovelies in Dzing!, but I've been so cold for the last few days, I went with Ambre Sultan instead.

A late hello to all of y'all! I seem to be on a leather kick today. SotD was Bandit, and SotE is Cabochard.

The beagle in my photo is sick (bronchitis) and I am nursing her.

Good evening all, Reglisse Noire today, yum, and off to bed for me after a whirlwind day, like most weekdays are in this houshold.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina girl View Post
    The beagle in my photo is sick (bronchitis) and I am nursing her.
    Aaawww, I hope she will recover quickly. There is nothing like having your pooch sick, I have been trough this once . Sending her healing vibes...As for Bandit, I acquired it recently but yet to work up a courage to wear it one day...

SOTE Jasmin de Nuit
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 23rd January 2013 at 01:20 AM.

That's a sweet doggie girl! Hope she gets her voice back and the breathing impediments go away. How I like dogs, in general..... I like cats too, I think, but sometimes we just do not click.

Whitefluffy, it was all across, from TX to AZ with the stop in NM (I think we stopped in Lordsburg for the night). We sometimes do it -- US highways are paved with our hard-earned money, you have heard I know. Yay for Bandit on you, BTW.

MDCI Peche Cardinal, as inspired by another thread.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Late posting ... I had to wait til after the KU/Kstate game to get online. But, I'm happy since KU won! I'm wearing LV Musk today.

carolina girl, sending get well wishes to your girl. Our late sheltie was very prone to bronchitis ... thankfully prednisone and antibiotics helped him a lot.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

SOTE - Clubman by Pinaud, splashed-on with a couple shots of Original Vintage Calvin Klein Calvin Cologne Spray on my arm (just, because...)

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen