Code of Conduct

Default Aramis Perfume Calligraphy

I came across Aramis Perfume Calligraphy at airport duty-free in Doha a couple of days ago, and on first encounter I have to say I was impressed. It's not a big "in your face" oud fragrance, but it does have an oud note in there. And there's a mix of citrus, musk, amber, rose and other notes - all blended well, to my nose.

I didn't have it on my skin for very long, but it was still there even after I'd washed with soap, suggesting its longevity is at least reasonable. I didn't buy it - first encounter in the less-than-ideal conditions of an airport is never a good test, and at 80 for 100ml it wasn't one to buy lightly (at least, not on my budget). But I did like it and I certainly want to sample it again - though in the UK it looks like Harrods for 110 and an eBay seller for 75 are the only offerings.

Has anyone here tried it? What do you think?
    Alan

Default Re: Aramis Perfume Calligraphy

i have actually just tried it 2 hours ago. smells nice but it doesnt have much oud. its a bit sweet but dry. it seems versatile and wearable when compared with other oud fragrances. thats all i can say about it so far. i also tested montale black aoud. aramis next to black aoud smells light, sweet with very little oud. they smell nothing alike though.

Also tried this on a stick at DOHA airport last week and really enjoyed it. Gonna try it on my skin next week when im there again.

its probably nice but after looking up the notes my first thought was, oh another rose fragrance >.>
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Tried it this week and I'm getting mostly citrus in the top notes... Is something wrong with my nose? I detect woody notes and rose but I just can't stop smelling the citrus notes, especially oranges.

Im just waiting for the oudh fashion to dip down.
    Its time for the next trend in perfumery,
    and no, pineapple
    shall not be the new trend !

I don't think Oud will ever go away, mainly because Oud based fragrances have been a mainstay in Eastern perfumery for hundreds of years. Also with the demise of the chypre and fougere genres because IFRA and the oak moss ban, many people who are not johnny aquatics want a fragrance to fill that void. Oud based fragrances fill that void.

Ah, I forgot this thread. I did actually buy some Aramis Perfume Calligraphy in the end (from the eBay seller). I've worn it a few times now and I really like it.
    Alan

I also really enjoy it! Its a Chypre Oud fragrance.