Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default after decanting..how to send them internationally

I've talked to Kron and he said glass bottles [ that's how the bottle looks... should be put in some sort of boxes. A padded envelope won't do I take it? The problem is that shipping a padded envelope is 2 3$. A small box is 15$. I might reach the conclusion that decanting from my country is impossible...

If anyone has experience with sending small decant from Europe, I'm curious to hear your experiences.

What I can tell you is this; decanting is a stresful and so far, unsatisfactory experience! But had to try it once!
    www.smellandtell.wordpress.com <-- my rookie perfume review blog.
    Last review: Histoires de Parfums - 1740
    Say hey!

Default Re: after decanting..how to send them internationally

Obviously they'll be safer in a box, but bubble wrapped inside a padded envelope should be just fine. I received two bottles in a swap that were just thrown in an oversized envelope and shipped. No bubble wrap, padding or anything. Surprisingly they arrived in one piece.

What does become a problem when shipping decants is the pressurized environment of an airplane causing the decants to leak. I have received a few leaky decants, and have not found a remedy for this.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 26th March 2013 at 03:48 AM.

I've sent decants to many different places. Theres been no real problems. I have not had to use a box. For me, I use bubble envelopes of varying sizes. The key, to me, is how you wrap the deants before putting them into the envelope. I am quite cautious about taping the bottles themselves at the neck. Then they go into a baggie and sealed up. The whole parcel I'm sending is bubble-wrapped by me. The package must be sealed firmly before it goes in the envelope. Overly-cautious yup, but I am using Canada Post.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Those glass bottles are fine. Just make sure that they have this dripping inlay, what ever it is called in english, otherwise the fragrance can leak.

Padded envelopes have been no problem for me, be it within Europe or overseas. Check out the acceptable hight/thickness of a letter. In Germany it's five cm, so a little box would be ok.

And as the guys mentioned above, wrap them lovingly so they stay safe on their journey.

Put them in ziplock, padded and wrapped will do.

I quit shipping anything internationally. I used to send samples, decants, and FBs but the Customs Officials are "confiscating" more and more...I had a decant of Tribute (luckily only 5mls) confiscated and destroyed. Cost me a LOT of money to replace it. More and more countries are refusing to ship international perfumes. My local Post Office refuses to allow any liquid frag. to go overseas....and they ask every time what is in the package.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danielstripedtiger View Post
    I quit shipping anything internationally. I used to send samples, decants, and FBs but the Customs Officials are "confiscating" more and more...I had a decant of Tribute (luckily only 5mls) confiscated and destroyed. Cost me a LOT of money to replace it. More and more countries are refusing to ship international perfumes. My local Post Office refuses to allow any liquid frag. to go overseas....and they ask every time what is in the package.
    Where are you from?
    www.smellandtell.wordpress.com <-- my rookie perfume review blog.
    Last review: Histoires de Parfums - 1740
    Say hey!

You can use any package you want.

I have received dozens of fragrances here in Brazil, without any problems. They came both from Europe and the US.

I have just bought 500 2ml vials made of plastic. These are used in the chemical industry to transport samples and come with a special lid that seals them really tight. I intend to send samples to basenoters with them. I am sure they will not be caught by custioms. I will just put them in a bubble envelope.
    Last edited by DanielPlainview; 28th March 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Bubble wrap inside padded envelope will be fine. UK is using xray to find and destroy perfume bottles but I have had no trouble sending to other countries recently. Just dont tell them what is in the package. "decorative glass bottle"....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Bubble wrap inside padded envelope will be fine. UK is using xray to find and destroy perfume bottles but I have had no trouble sending to other countries recently. Just dont tell them what is in the package. "decorative glass bottle"....
    Same here. I mark mine as Glassware or Glass Ornament.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicktrick View Post
    Where are you from?
    East Coast USA...I know many people lie on the customs form...But that is illegal. I have had postal workers tell me that If I lie to them, there is a fine and/or imprisonment. I won't risk it and BTW Moderators will give you "points" for advocating illegal activity on the forum...just a friendly warning.

You don't have to lie, but you also don't have to be specific. I usually write something vague like "beauty supply" or "cosmetics samples", never had a problem.

But the USPS always asks you if it is something Fragile, Liquid, or Perishable. What do you reply to them, Hippo? I dare you to tell me the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I live in Brazil and here they dont ask me anything about the package. I just have to write it down on the form. I declare COSMETICS under $50, and also declare that it is a gift.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danielstripedtiger View Post
    I won't risk it and BTW Moderators will give you "points" for advocating illegal activity on the forum...just a friendly warning.
    Very friendly. Thank you.

Do ya double dare me? I've never been asked any questions about the contents of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    You don't have to lie, but you also don't have to be specific. I usually write something vague like "beauty supply" or "cosmetics samples", never had a problem.
    I have written "beauty supply" also...but unfortunately the ladies at my post office specifically ask now about fragrances. They all ask "is this perfume?" Which technically it might not be...but I don't want to risk it. EdT, EdC, EdP...even Attar oils are being confiscated. I remember someone posting a few months ago that a bottle of Attar Oil was confiscated and destroyed by customs. that isn't even right and shows an ignorance on their part...there is no alcohol in attar oil.