Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: New shipping regulations from UK

@rum - reckon it'd do well on ebay right now, worldwide shipping

@jivehippo - they thought of that - it's been banned for ages - wonder why?

@sparky - affects lots more than scent, leaving the page logs me out at times, but the links to the regs are on the other thread!

@David - bet we'll never know, but the B.B.C. just had an Orwell series!!!!!

Blog Entries

As I said before, this came from the ICAO International Civil Aviation Organization. Royal Mail has been trying to negotiate a less rigid stance, but ICAO says nothing will change at least until 2015...so this is here for awhile. My quick search of the internet has found that NEVER has an exploding bottle of Green Irish Tweed taken down a plane. Of course the idiots who made the batteries for the new Boeing 787 almost caused a catastrophe...which apparently is what caused the ICAO to take a harder stance on batteries, liquid flammables, etc.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    As I said before, this came from the ICAO International Civil Aviation Organization. Royal Mail has been trying to negotiate a less rigid stance, but ICAO says nothing will change at least until 2015...so this is here for awhile. My quick search of the internet has found that NEVER has an exploding bottle of Green Irish Tweed taken down a plane. Of course the idiots who made the batteries for the new Boeing 787 almost caused a catastrophe...which apparently is what caused the ICAO to take a harder stance on batteries, liquid flammables, etc.
    I don't think that is a good enough reason NOT to blame Creed - their damned batch variations have now done this to us!!

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Did you only search for GIT, or did you search for Aventus also?

Jokes aside.....It is a shame, as I have been buying some great frags at great prices out of the UK recently.

I wonder if it a matter of time before the likes of Strawberrynet etc. will suffer the same issues. I am sure that most of the frags from the large online stores, all come from the ame place in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Really? I've shipped and received hundreds of packages containing fragrances and have never had a problem. I've actually never had to pay customs fees or taxes either.

One of you Brits should fill a bubble mailer with doggie doo and declare it "perfume". That should show them who's boss!
    lol

I placed an order with Ormonde Jayne over the weekend. I sent them an email yesterday inquiring about the status and asking if they will be able to ship it to me due to the new regulations. I just received a response back from them. It seems they have a new and faster shipping method - once it gets implemented:

---------------
    Thank you for your recent order with Ormonde Jayne and thank you for
    getting in touch.

Yes you are quite right, there are some new regulations regarding
    shipping perfume.

Due to these new regulations governing the international shipping of
    perfume from the UK, Ormonde Jayne is under legal obligation to
    appoint a new provider for our international shipments. Our new
    service will significantly reduce our shipping times, meaning that we
    will now be able to ship to the whole of America and the rest of the
    world in under 48 hours. There will also be a full tracking service
    from our door to your door.
    Unfortunately this means that at the moment we are experiencing a
    delay of up to two weeks with our international deliveries while we
    transfer our services to the new provider. The Ormonde Jayne team is
    now in training on how to pack perfume for an International delivery
    by air and prepare the paperwork.
    -----------------

The general rule has been in place and selectively enforced, kind of like the speed limit. People have reported customs scanning packages for liquids and destroying them. I believe this is just a hot topic at the moment and will die down eventually so dont send anything too valuable for now.

This is absolutely true. We are a small UK perfumery selling online and we have had to stop posting overseas due to new enforcement of safety regulations by Royal Mail. Perumes contain alcohol, a flammable liquid,and are classed as dangerous goods. I can understand the reasons but I think it is over-cautious. Small bottles in proper protective packaging would pose very little risk. This is another example of over-zealous regulation which is killing small business.