Code of Conduct

Default Free Natural Perfumery Course

My Friend, JK DeLapp, who's been here to visit in my Perfumarium wrote to me today about a course he is teaching. Part is free, part is pay.

I can vouch for JK, but I've not had any dealings with Floracopeia.
    If anybody is interested, Here's his email to me today.

This is my about my upcoming Natural Perfumery Course I am doing through Floracopeia. There is a free class that is being offered, as well as a full perfumery course that you can sign up for. Would be great if you could SHARE this as well! Thanks!

I think there's lots of great info in here, even for folks that are using mixed media (Synths and Naturals). At the very least...sign up for the free course!

Here's the link:

http://www.floracopeia.com/jk-delapp-b

Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Default Re: Free Natural Perfumery Course

Interesting, I will check in the webinar if time allows it cos of the time difference.

I can't help but cringe at terms like 'chemical sensitivities' and 'synthetics can make you sick' but the part about the history does seem interesting.

Thank you for sharing, Paul!
    Customized consultancy on perfume formulation, safety, training and marketing & olfactory research
    I also offer individual online personalised advice on perfume making to anyone eager to learn how to smell and design like a pro
    www.irinatudor.nl

Social platform & research network on all things smelly, daily smelly science twitter feed @SomethingSmelly
    www.somethingsmelly.com

The facts on IFRA restrictions & EU regulations

I was thinking of attending this class but there's no info about JK DeLapp. Just an email site but sending it results in an error message. Was this class cancelled? I thought this was in March.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you can tell me any information about the instructor, separate from Floracopeia I'd be very interested. Someone told me he was self-taught and outside the usual fragrance industry system, not quite sure what that means. Thanks.
    Last edited by satellite99; 4th March 2013 at 04:57 AM. Reason: grammatical error

http://www.therisingphoenixgroup.com...-going-on/cd9h

I thought I had been on his Perfume website, but I can't find it now.

Just this other page, and a few other mentions on Etsy...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

This experienced perfumers CV might be interesting to people if he is running courses. It looks most fascinating.

Is the video or the "webcast event" (in the link) the free course? I didn't see a listing for a course. Thanks!

Question Re: Free Natural Perfumery Course

Basically, the website tells you to send in your email address and your first name to get access to the free interview and free portion of the class but when you do, you get an error message from icontact

Its a home study course but he doesn't seem to be a regular faculty with Floracopeia. Is JK DeLapp a total unknown here at Basenotes?

http://www.floracopeia.com/jk-delapp...ry-home-course

The full course is $550, no mention of a text book or other published works. What do you guys think?

I called the company but their customer service was a voicemail. Is Floracopeia the only company that buys directly from the growers in Asia, Africa, South America in a fairtrade way? which is their main advertising point. I'm a total newbie so I'd like to know if they are as unique as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Irina View Post
    Interesting, I will check in the webinar if time allows it cos of the time difference.

I can't help but cringe at terms like 'chemical sensitivities' and 'synthetics can make you sick' ...
    Yes Irina, this aspect was less than interesting to me too..
    I'm not sure how much synth bashing will go on, nonetheless.

As For JK, I've not known him too long. But he has been here to my Perfumarium, and we had a nice chat, since he lives close to me. He is talented, and an all Natural perfumer, who also seems to be able to obtain many very hard to obtain naturals, like excellent Mysore sandalwood and real deer musks.

Floracopeia is a reputable company, albeit higher priced than most others.
    And I simply won't identify with the overarching eastern medicine vibe there, but JK does.

Yes, the free lecture is a teaser for the paid course.
    But I am unaware about the problems or the customer service issues, you'd have to sort that out.
    And I believe that he is self taught in perfumery, but seems to have done extensive Chinese Medicine training.

And No, I don't think that he is active on BN.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

@ satellite99 - same problem here - used two different browsers!

Sounds interesting, Paul & like their website

@pkiler Thanks for the detailed info on JK. But this event is over now.
    Last edited by satellite99; 13th March 2013 at 04:53 PM.