Code of Conduct

Default No Longevity problems but Sillage/Projection Issues

hi..i dont have any longevity problems , all my fragrances and the colognes that i tried lasts on me at least 8 hours even some that dont seem to last a long time on many..but i dont have my colognes projecting and leaving a scent trail and if i got noticed , it is only during the first hour after i applied. i swear i tried to overapply (30 sprays) and there is no projection.. i am able to smell my self as long as my fragrances last but others dont !! what can i do !

Default Re: No Longevity problems but Sillage/Projection Issues

I dont think sillage has got anything to do with the body chemistry. It is more to do with the ingredients of the perfume. Probably i feel that you need to know the ingridents that causes the sillage. For example something like rive gauche has got a great sillage. Probably it is due to the patchouli present in it. So the point is that you need to look for the ingridents that provides sillage.

Cheers!!!!!

I have the same "problem". Most fragrances have excellent longevity on me but don't project that much.
    This is probably because I have got a really cool skin so there is not much heat to evaporate the fragrance hence the good longevity and weak sillage.
    Although some fragrances seem to project no matter the surface they are on.
    Opium PH EDP can be smelled across the room when sprayed on a piece of paper.
    So you might want to check out some heavy orientals.

I used to think I have this problem. However, I later realize that it is not my problem but the problem comes from the ones I ask whether they can smell my fragrance or not. There are people who are not very sensitive with smell and they cannot smell fragrances on you

I used to ask my friends whether they can smell my fragrance or not, and they always said no. I thought my skin didn't project fragrances until I got complimented by many of my colleagues. Some of them even said that they can smell me from across the room

Similar to you, I also be able to smell my fragrance on me as long as it last. My philosophy is that as long as you can smell yourself then the projection is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    I have the same "problem". Most fragrances have excellent longevity on me but don't project that much.
    This is probably because I have got a really cool skin so there is not much heat to evaporate the fragrance hence the good longevity and weak sillage.
    yeah i think that i've got a cool skin too..so which fragrances do you recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    yeah i think that i've got a cool skin too..so which fragrances do you recommend ?

no joop no A*men cuz i cant find it here , no le male no one million cuz everyone has those

I don't see why this is necessarily a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This is true for some situations like at work I don't want that much sillage.
    For some other situations like going to a club or a smoky bar it is nice to have some sillage going on.

The next fragrances project and leave a trail on my skin:
    Opium Pour Homme EDP and EDT. I prefer the EDP.
    Bogart Pour Homme.
    Fahrenheit.
    Joop Homme.
    Xeryus Rouge.
    L'instant de Guerlain Extreme.
    Jaipur Homme.
    A*Men.
    Kouros.
    Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood Cologne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This is true for some situations like at work I don't want that much sillage.
    For some other situations like going to a club or a smoky bar it is nice to have some sillage going on.

The next fragrances project and leave a trail on my skin:
    Opium Pour Homme EDP and EDT. I prefer the EDP.
    Bogart Pour Homme.
    Fahrenheit.
    Joop Homme.
    Xeryus Rouge.
    L'instant de Guerlain Extreme.
    Jaipur Homme.
    A*Men.
    Kouros.
    Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood Cologne.

A lot of frags project but due to olfactory, you're usually the last one to smell the frag after a while. You can try spraying on your clothing for better projection and longevity. Give it a try.

Apply lotion to your "hot areas" chest, neck, etc

Spray cologne over that, and even some near your armpits. Heat and moisture help with projection

That's why they made plug in air freshners the heat helps!

Feels like déjà vu.

I'd happily wear a perfume that only has 3 hours of longevity but projects for at least two thirds of its life spam than a perfume with 12 hours of longevity but ceases to project a hour or two into it.

Projection: the ability for me to smell it irregardless of trail/sillage.

- - - Updated - - -

Feels like déjà vu.

I'd happily wear a perfume that only has 3 hours of longevity but projects for at least two thirds of its life spam than a perfume with 12 hours of longevity but ceases to project a hour or two into it.

Projection: the ability for me to smell it irregardless of trail/sillage.

for swap/sale: