Code of Conduct

Default Men's Colognes that are available in EDP or stronger concentrations?

I have been thinking about sampling some higher concentration fragrances as despite my best efforts with my dry skin many fragrances just don't last on me, or stay very linear, granted I do have a few that stick around for some time, the majority just don't last for me or become skin scents very soon. I know that Amouage does EDP's, and I do plan on ordering a sample of Epic Man and Memoir Man, perhaps Interlude Man as well. I am also considering Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan and Chergui as well as the EDP version of Habit Rouge. I LOVE dirty, spicy, leather, and I have a fondness for the 80's powerhouses that encompass many of the best dirty or spicy or leather fragrances. Is there anything I should be looking at or might be missing that is available in EDP or stronger concentrations? Thanks for your help

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Men's Colognes that are available in EDP or stronger concentrations?

Amouage Homage and Tribute Attar's. But get ready to break open the bank. With these, a little goes a long way.

Default Re: Men's Colognes that are available in EDP or stronger concentrations?

Three of many:

Terre D'Hermes
    Midnight in Paris
    Charriol Pour Homme

Overcome By Fumes

Boucheron Jaipur Homme is available in EdT and EdP concentrations. Be aware that some companies marketing to men will avoid using the term EdP or Parfum or perfume when describing even a very strong, concentrated fragrance marketed to men, for fear of alienating men afraid to smell feminine, because the terms are considered effeminate. Knize Ten for example describes itself as EdT while it has the strength of some EdPs.

Marketed to men:

Habit Rouge EDP and parfum
    Fougere Royale EDP and parfum
    Clive Christian scents
    Arquiste Aleksandr and Boutonniere EDP
    Eau Sauvage parfum
    Caron Pour Un Homme Impact parfum
    Boucheron Pour Homme EDP
    Mark Birley Charles Street EDP
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur EDP

Many of the Tom Fords are EDP

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Boucheron Jaipur Homme is available in EdT and EdP concentrations. Be aware that some companies marketing to men will avoid using the term EdP or Parfum or perfume when describing even a very strong, concentrated fragrance marketed to men, for fear of alienating men afraid to smell feminine, because the terms are considered effeminate. Knize Ten for example describes itself as EdT while it has the strength of some EdPs.
    Good call. It's all in the label.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

In most cases, I don't see much correlation between the designation of concentration and longevity. Many EdTs last longer than some EdPs - even if they are the "same" fragrance. For example, I find I get better longevity from Habit Rouge EdT than the EdP, usually.

I also tend to have problems with longevity, but some that last on me are:

Guerlain Arsene Lupin
    Most Lutens
    Aramis
    YSL M7
    Montale Black Aoud
    Le Labo Patchouli 24
    Chanel Egoiste
    Knize Ten
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Terre de Hermes Parfum.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

They're. It necessarily the same but in enhanced strength/projection/longevity.

If anything they're different than each other.

Try Volutes EDT and EDP. Almost two different perfumes.

for swap/sale: