Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD Thursday 24th Jan 2013

Getting a respite from the cold. It's only -2F right now, but is supposed to go back down over the weekend. But, it's nice for now. I'm visiting my sister near Fairbanks, and I had to ground my airplane when it was colder, and couldn't fly back home. It thinks it's a swashbuckler, and I have to protect it from itself, as it has no fear, doesn't know it's a lowly puddle jumper, and I don't have the heart to tell it
    Now that it's warmer, I'm going to make a run for it today, and get back home while the weather's nice! I see what's waiting for me in Southcentral AK is amazingly warm temps. I will be doing this trip in SL's Fille en Aiguelles. It's a sample I got and I like it so far - curious to see how it works for outdoor activities.
    Last edited by flathorn; 24th January 2013 at 09:02 PM.

Basenotes Institution

See, iivanita, that's a lady from Alaska speaking. I love when she describes her flying adventures, always have!

More testing this afternoon: on one hand it is Chandler Burr Mystery 07, on another hand -- TM A Travers le Miroir.

Hey y'all -

Still in an iris mood, I'm in Iris Ganache for the afternoon.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Banned

Hehehe Wolfi, amazing........i would probably miss it if you didn't point to Alaska flying woman:-)
    Flathorn congratulations on those unusual skills:-) :-)

Looking forward to a report on vintages from G.:-)

Good night all

heart of ice

Cold here too and incense sounded good to me ... so I'm wearing Bond Andy Warhol today.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Cuir by Lancôme

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn View Post
    Getting a respite from the cold. It's only -2F right now, but is supposed to go back down over the weekend. But, it's nice for now. I'm visiting my sister near Fairbanks, and I had to ground my airplane when it was colder, and couldn't fly back home. It thinks it's a swashbuckler, and I have to protect it from itself, as it has no fear, doesn't know it's a lowly puddle jumper, and I don't have the heart to tell it
    Now that it's warmer, I'm going to make a run for it today, and get back home while the weather's nice! I see what's waiting for me in Southcentral AK is amazingly warm temps. I will be doing this trip in SL's Fille en Aiguelles. It's a sample I got and I like it so far - curious to see how it works for outdoor activities.
    Wow! I am stunned and even more envious of you than of gandhajala's evening. Flying airplanes in Alaska? It doesn't get more adventurous than that!!! And, Fille au Aigilleus (most likely misspelled, but it's getting late and I had few cups of wine) is very fitting, I think you might eventually need a bottle .

ExtremeK I am afraid I won't be able to hold the mirror for you. Though temps were as advertised it was gloomy and extremely windy. Like lady T is so fond of saying - karma is a (not a very nice lady) and I was properly punished for my gloating .

SOTE - Cuir by Lancome
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 25th January 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford.

Rykiel Homme