Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Thursday 24th Jan 2013

Good morning everyone.

Sampling Huiteme Art Vohina today. Peach blossom, lavender honey and hay. A lovely thing out of the vial. We will see how it goes.

Default Re: SOTD Thursday 24th Jan 2013

Before L. posts with much worse things *giggle*, I am in Patou Vacances, it is below 0F here (-20C) but I am not complaining: the chocolate glaze has scented the whole kitchen area nicely.

Good day to all!

Banned

-20 C where do you live? in Alaska?

hello Foustie, T.

Cuir de Russie EDT Chanel for me today....and.....am not enjyoing it that much , but have Fougere Bengale prepared for little later...

No, I heard on Brian Williams yesterday that Alaska is warmer than our Upper Mid-West. Kiliwia will be even colder than us, our night lows are normally their daytime highs.

Bonjour Mesdames!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Thursday 24th Jan 2013

KNIZE TEN
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good morning ! - better take a quick look around......Scottish strippers ?, perfumed pole-dancing ?, Mrs Q doing the Can-Can ?. Is it possible for an innocent boy to post his SotD without being corrupted beyond redemption ?. The coast is clear !.

Millesime Imperial

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 24th January 2013 at 06:51 PM.

JR, you are talking about Dr.G as "innocent boy", right?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Good morning ! - better take a quick look around......Scottish strippers ?, perfumed pole-dancing ?, Mrs Q doing the Can-Can ?. Is is possible for an innocent boy to post his SotD without being corrupted beyond redemption ?. The coast is clear !.
    - I dunno Jon, I think it's more like abandon hope, all ye who enter here

SOTD is Cologne pour le Soir

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

24 gold

Hi all, it was Caleche Soie de Parfum for day and now Hypnotic Poison for night.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Pure as the driven snow, me.

Bois des Iles, today.

This evening we have our Perfume Lovers London Meetup. This time the focus is vintage perfumes, and I've heard rumours of '30s L'Heure Bleue and Coty's Chypre.

Have a lovely day, folks.

Basenotes Plus

Still very cold here, -18F with a wind chill of -35F. This afternoon it
    will finally warm up a little and we'll get some snow.

Wearing Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily this morning.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Hello everyone -

I'm in Yves Rocher Iris Noir this morning. Y'all have a great day!

Vintage - cool! I'd love to attend that one! Enjoy your fragrant evening, gandhajala.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post

This evening we have our Perfume Lovers London Meetup. This time the focus is vintage perfumes, and I've heard rumours of '30s L'Heure Bleue and Coty's Chypre.
    That sounds wonderful G - have a great evening!

Another beautiful but terribly cold day here - I'm wearing L'eau d'Hiver for comfort.

Brrr. Just reading this thread has made me shiver with cold. I salute you twolf and kiliwia!

SOTD is Fendi Theorema

Hello all. Andrea Maack Craft.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Come down here everyone, to Miami, and warm up - it's nice and sunny here, crisp and bright. Beautiful.

Wearing a sample of...

Arso by Profumum

I have had this sample sitting on my sample pile, patiently waiting for me to wear it. It was, from reading everyone's comments since it was released, everything that I love about fragrances: Woody, sweet, smoky. And I am happy to report it completely meets my expectations. It's A-MAZING! Gosh, I'm so loving this. The smoky element in this is just so unique. You think 'How many different ways can a perfumer interpret smoke?'. Apparently, many ways. I remember when I was at the CB I Hate Perfume shop in Brooklyn, with BN member Kevin Guyer, we smelled all of his smoke absolutes...I think there was 6 or 7 of them. I loved ALL of them. The smoke note in Arso reminds me of one of them - for lack of a better description is smells like a marshmallow that you've roasted over the fire. That smell! Amazing, it just keeps peeking out around the pine needles, sap, resins. I'm totally enjoying this.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Mike, I love those smokey notes, too. Enjoy.

I'm wearing a little Tokyo by Kenzo for my early am walk. Then I'll switch to maybe L'Heure Bleue.

Hello, everyone!

Don't mean to rub salt in the wounds, but we are expecting 71F degrees today. It's not as fun here as in Miami, but sun and warmth are promised to all who would like to visit.

Sounds like an exciting evening, gandhajala, I am thoroughly envious!

Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur, many thanks to cello .
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 24th January 2013 at 02:32 PM.

Dali ~ Black Sun

... And I always thought I was the innocent.
    G. s having a splendid night I'm sure with his nose in all things vintage. Knock it off, will you, Wolfie?!
    Home after a day of workshop nearby... too theoretical and I think I'll need a dram of something nice to wash the day down...
    Was in Jicky Extrait again and have no clue what mood grabs me later... it won't be something 'nice' - that you can take for granted!

Musse, I hope today's a happier day for you. Hopefully you'll find a suitably cheerful fragrance

G, have fun! I wish I lived nearer to you folks so we could have evening meet-ups of our own!

I am suffering with Twolf, one state over. It was 2 degrees Fahrenheit when I arrived at the office this morning. The only good thing I have to say about it is at least the wind wasn't blowing. Which never happens in Nebraska. My deepest sympathies to Kiliwia. Stay warm!

Whitefluffy, could you hold this mirror for me while I extract these salt pellets fired from your 71 F greeting? Oh, and I owe you a PM, too.

Mike, Arso has just made my sample list. I'm a sucker for smoke, especially if it's sweet. How does it compare with Slumberhouse Baque?

Again with the fruit for me today. Frapin 1270.

Blog Entries

Afternoon, all!

LOL at Jon! And G, have a great night!

SOTD was L'Instant for a rather stressful day at work. Looking forward to three days off now, starting with a few beers later. l'll decide on my SOTE after a good hot shower.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Lem by Galimard

We had a dusting of snow overnight. BrrrÖ.itís cold here! Waaaa!!! I know, Iím a wimp. I donít think I would survive a midwestern winter. You hardy souls have my utmost respect. Iím wearing some Líair du Temps parfum today from a vintage mini.

Stay warm everybody! Be safe! xo <3

p.s. Youíre right, Mike - now is the time to be in Miami!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lilybelle; 24th January 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Have a great evening, G.

SotE - Le Labo Iris 39.

Blog Entries

SOTE is Ginger by Gorilla Perfumes.

Have a nice evening, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Oh, Carolina Girl, I just read about your sick puppy dog. I hope she's improving. My husband has a thing for beagles. We used to have a beagle-corgy -- picture a beagle with an extra-long drivetrain. A beagle's voice is a part of her identity.

Trying to smell new violet scents today. I'm especially struggling to form some synapses for Arquiste Alesandr. For a second I think I've got it, but then I smell nothing for a while. Then the birch-leather whispers to me. Hide and go seek.

Hello, boys ... Jon, Larimar.

Envying gandhajala.
    Smokin' good, Mike.
    Last edited by Quarry; 24th January 2013 at 06:50 PM.

Getting a respite from the cold. It's only -2F right now, but is supposed to go back down over the weekend. But, it's nice for now. I'm visiting my sister near Fairbanks, and I had to ground my airplane when it was colder, and couldn't fly back home. It thinks it's a swashbuckler, and I have to protect it from itself, as it has no fear, doesn't know it's a lowly puddle jumper, and I don't have the heart to tell it
    Now that it's warmer, I'm going to make a run for it today, and get back home while the weather's nice! I see what's waiting for me in Southcentral AK is amazingly warm temps. I will be doing this trip in SL's Fille en Aiguelles. It's a sample I got and I like it so far - curious to see how it works for outdoor activities.
    Last edited by flathorn; 24th January 2013 at 09:02 PM.

See, iivanita, that's a lady from Alaska speaking. I love when she describes her flying adventures, always have!

More testing this afternoon: on one hand it is Chandler Burr Mystery 07, on another hand -- TM A Travers le Miroir.

Hey y'all -

Still in an iris mood, I'm in Iris Ganache for the afternoon.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Banned

Hehehe Wolfi, amazing........i would probably miss it if you didn't point to Alaska flying woman:-)
    Flathorn congratulations on those unusual skills:-) :-)

Looking forward to a report on vintages from G.:-)

Good night all

summer means fireflys

Cold here too and incense sounded good to me ... so I'm wearing Bond Andy Warhol today.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn View Post
    Getting a respite from the cold. It's only -2F right now, but is supposed to go back down over the weekend. But, it's nice for now. I'm visiting my sister near Fairbanks, and I had to ground my airplane when it was colder, and couldn't fly back home. It thinks it's a swashbuckler, and I have to protect it from itself, as it has no fear, doesn't know it's a lowly puddle jumper, and I don't have the heart to tell it
    Now that it's warmer, I'm going to make a run for it today, and get back home while the weather's nice! I see what's waiting for me in Southcentral AK is amazingly warm temps. I will be doing this trip in SL's Fille en Aiguelles. It's a sample I got and I like it so far - curious to see how it works for outdoor activities.
    Wow! I am stunned and even more envious of you than of gandhajala's evening. Flying airplanes in Alaska? It doesn't get more adventurous than that!!! And, Fille au Aigilleus (most likely misspelled, but it's getting late and I had few cups of wine) is very fitting, I think you might eventually need a bottle .

ExtremeK I am afraid I won't be able to hold the mirror for you. Though temps were as advertised it was gloomy and extremely windy. Like lady T is so fond of saying - karma is a (not a very nice lady) and I was properly punished for my gloating .

SOTE - Cuir by Lancome
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 25th January 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford.

Rykiel Homme