Code of Conduct

Default your best/worst trades or swaps

yesterday i learned that my roommate has a vintage bottle of dolce and gabbana pour homme, the one made in germany. i have been looking for this particular formulation for a bit, and since i keep my hobby of fragrance mostly to myself, he didnt know i was looking for it. we got to talking about it randomly. we finally reached an agreement to trade his 4.2 oz pour homme for my paco rabanne 1 million 1.7 oz, chanel platinum egoiste 1.7 oz, and a small bottle of light blue (1.3 oz) which came in a gift set i received from christmas. although i gave up 3 different fragrances for one, i felt like it was a good trade for both of us. this was my first trade/swap ever! now, my curiosity is, what have your greatest/worst trades/swaps been?

Default Re: your best/worst trades or swaps

I traded a guy on craiglist a bottle of 24 and 24 gold for his bottle of Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

The only thing I ever traded was a a duplicate 100ml bottle of Be Bop Pour Homme I had for a bottle of Be Bop Man of the same size.

Wow man. You came out like a bandit...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I traded a guy on craiglist a bottle of 24 and 24 gold for his bottle of Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by RickS1169 View Post
    yesterday i learned that my roommate has a vintage bottle of dolce and gabbana pour homme, the one made in germany. i have been looking for this particular formulation for a bit, and since i keep my hobby of fragrance mostly to myself, he didnt know i was looking for it. we got to talking about it randomly. we finally reached an agreement to trade his 4.2 oz pour homme for my paco rabanne 1 million 1.7 oz, chanel platinum egoiste 1.7 oz, and a small bottle of light blue (1.3 oz) which came in a gift set i received from christmas. although i gave up 3 different fragrances for one, i felt like it was a good trade for both of us. this was my first trade/swap ever! now, my curiosity is, what have your greatest/worst trades/swaps been?
    Just a heads up...the Made in Germany formulation isn't vintage D&G. There has been various reformulations down the years with the true vintage being Made in Italy with the silver sticky label on both the bottle and the box.
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Quote Originally Posted by RickS1169 View Post
    Just a heads up...the Made in Germany formulation isn't vintage D&G. There has been various reformulations down the years with the true vintage being Made in Italy with the silver sticky label on both the bottle and the box.
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    This is true. You got hosed op.

u guys are terrible!!!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

Looks like the best just took a turn for the worst. Curiosity killed the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Wow man. You came out like a bandit...lol
    It was odd...he had asked for a price on it that I was completely fine paying, then last minute he messaged me and said he really wanted to try those two. I ordered them from Amazon and had them shipped right to him. I got my bottle, he got his...I still think about that deal.

Basenotes Junkie

I had the original D&G pour homme when it was released in the early 90's.

It was definitley made in italy and it came in a dark blue velvet box with the silver square.

I havent smelt that in years, but it was a stunning fragrance at the time.

It was masculine but it had a slight powdery sweet feminine thing going on.

I hope they havent radically changed it to much, thats an absolute classic.

I actually just rechecked it and its the Italy version. No hosing.

- - - Updated - - -

And I work at a retail store so I get discounts on fragrances so I paid a lot less than the ones I traded.

I don't enjoy winning big in swaps. Most are either even or me on the losing side intentionally. I like it better that way.

So, best swaps are the ones where I traded a fragrance I don't use for a keeper. I've also traded some fragrances I've regretted later for fragrances I can't stand. But swapping blind is great fun.