Code of Conduct

Default Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir - FAKE?

Hi, my 100ml bottle of Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir just arrived. I oredered "TESTER version". I know what is tester, I have one already.
    First suspicious thing was the text at the back of the bottle, that says "Elegance and Sensuality" and "Fresh, Spicy, Woody Cocktail".The same in french.
    There´s no such a picture of this frag on the e-parfumeries. Every picture shows bottle with print in the front of the bottle only.
    What do you think?

this shows the text, thats the same package:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/DECLARATION-C...30w~~60_35.JPG

Default Re: Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir - FAKE?

Looks fine in the picture. I believe that they sometimes print text on testers, ingredients, perhaps even descriptions like in this case. It would be rather silly to fake a bottle and to add extra text.

Testers usually have the extra info such as a list of notes etc.

I HIGHLY doubt it's fake. This fragrance just came out. If it were original Declaration, then maybe I'd believe it's a fake if it were suspect. How does it smell? How long does it last? I just bought a 100ml retail bottle with box for $51 on Amazon and it's legit. It projects huge and lasts all day. Smells amazing too. As mentioned above, Testers tend to have extra text describing the notes and fragrance printed on the back.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Looks fine to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by thomik View Post
    Hi, my 100ml bottle of Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir just arrived. I oredered "TESTER version". I know what is tester, I have one already.
    First suspicious thing was the text at the back of the bottle, that says "Elegance and Sensuality" and "Fresh, Spicy, Woody Cocktail".The same in french.
    There´s no such a picture of this frag on the e-parfumeries. Every picture shows bottle with print in the front of the bottle only.
    What do you think?
    The description on amazon says "Déclaration d'Un Soir—a fresh, spicy, woody cocktail." So I don't think what your describing is a problem.

Please let us know what you think of the fragrance ! I am pondering a bottle of this as a blind buy.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I have the same tester. It's fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Please let us know what you think of the fragrance ! I am pondering a bottle of this as a blind buy.
    If you enjoy Declaration you might like this one as well. I have the original and I love d'Un Soir.

D'Un Soir freakin' rocks! It smells very classy and has a beautiful masculine rose note. It's very smooth and smells like it's made with quality ingredients. Perfect for a date or for dressy occasions. Also, it projects big and lasts a loooong time. Got mine on Amazon for half the retail price and it wasn't a tester.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    i highly doubt it's fake. This fragrance just came out. If it were original declaration, then maybe i'd believe it's a fake if it were suspect. How does it smell? How long does it last? I just bought a 100ml retail bottle with box for $51 on amazon and it's legit. It projects huge and lasts all day. Smells amazing too. As mentioned above, testers tend to have extra text describing the notes and fragrance printed on the back.
    ^^^this!

D'Un Soir freakin' rocks! It smells very classy and has a beautiful masculine rose note. It's very smooth and smells like it's made with quality ingredients. Perfect for a date or for dressy occasions. Also, it projects big and lasts a loooong time. Got mine on Amazon for half the retail price and it wasn't a tester.
    I'm guessing you bought it from the amazon seller "Tuccini"? I've never purchased from them before but good to know if they are selling something that's a recent enough release for such a deep discount. I purchased mine about a month ago for $105 at Bloomingdales (it was a gift set with a shower gel though...so a small victory).

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    If you enjoy Declaration you might like this one as well. I have the original and I love d'Un Soir.
    Oh man, now I am ready to pull the trigger on a blind buy. Appreciate the feedback guys, as I certainly value your opinions. Not sure if I will get half the retail price, but perhaps ~$60 isn't too bad of a deal either.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Oh man, now I am ready to pull the trigger on a blind buy. Appreciate the feedback guys, as I certainly value your opinions. Not sure if I will get half the retail price, but perhaps ~$60 isn't too bad of a deal either.
    If you ask me, anything less than retail is a good deal on this one.

I'm guessing you bought it from the amazon seller "Tuccini"? I've never purchased from them before but good to know if they are selling something that's a recent enough release for such a deep discount. I purchased mine about a month ago for $105 at Bloomingdales (it was a gift set with a shower gel though...so a small victory).
    PerfumesWorld actually. Tuccini is legit though. I've bought from them. Even at $105, that is a good deal considering the magnitude of which D'Un Soir rocks. This could be the next big hype next spring. For now it's an undercover gem.

- - - Updated - - -

Take this with a grain of salt, but D'Un Soir is my favorite new fragrance from 2012 and one of my top new purchases. Anything under retail is a steal just like NYCBoomBoom said. I may buy a backup bottle while the price is so low.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

PerfumesWorld actually. Tuccini is legit though. I've bought from them. Even at $105, that is a good deal considering the magnitude of which D'Un Soir rocks. This could be the next big hype next spring. For now it's an undercover gem.

- - - Updated - - -

Take this with a grain of salt, but D'Un Soir is my favorite new fragrance from 2012 and one of my top new purchases. Anything under retail is a steal just like NYCBoomBoom said. I may buy a backup bottle while the price is so low.
    Appreciate the info. I've seen a few reviews of d'Un Soir on youtube but no one was really pushing it. I was able to get a sample though and that was it, knew I had to have it. Declaration is there in the background, but the opening is new and 'inviting'. I was saving it for spring, but I might just start trying it out in the next few weeks.

Thanks, mesaboogie for the heads up on Perfumesworld and Tuccini. I've been eyeing this amazing fragrance for a month now--had actually decided to pay full retail, but decided to visit the forum first. First thread in the forum as well! Pulled the trigger with Perfumesworld... - Edit - It turns out that it's Perfumeland Megastore (!!!)... anyone have experience with them?

So, absolutely sure, right? No fake right?
    Last edited by Lennylu; 25th January 2013 at 03:52 AM.

Appreciate the info. I've seen a few reviews of d'Un Soir on youtube but no one was really pushing it. I was able to get a sample though and that was it, knew I had to have it. Declaration is there in the background, but the opening is new and 'inviting'. I was saving it for spring, but I might just start trying it out in the next few weeks.
    I got a sample courtesy of spcmiller and I liked it right away. The first thing I noticed about it was how potent it was. My 100ml bottle will last me a looooooong time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lennylu View Post
    Thanks, mesaboogie for the heads up on Perfumesworld and Tuccini. I've been eyeing this amazing fragrance for a month now--had actually decided to pay full retail, but decided to visit the forum first. First thread in the forum as well! Pulled the trigger with Perfumesworld...

So, absolutely sure, right? No fake right?
    If you get a fake bottle of D'Un Soir, I will drink my bottle of Illum Dean Fresco. The nice thing is, they labeled it as a tester on Amazon, but I got it in a sealed retail box!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Thought it didn't smell much like the original, to be honest, and found it rather sweet (a female friend who was with me at the time mocked it as being sweeter than her perfume. She didn't care for it). I remember it as being smooth and nice but it didn't wow me at the time. Also reminded me of something else but I couldn't figure out what. Will have to retry this at some point.

Thought it didn't smell much like the original, to be honest,
    Well, the original is there in the background, but I more meant that if you have an interest in the original then you might enjoy this one as well, not that they were simply similar to each other.

Sampled this for the first time today and was very impressed. Very sexy scent!

I'm on the fence on purchasing a bottle I wish I had a sample to test out longevity and projection. Surprised this one does not get more attention on here

It's only $51 from amazon itself (not a third party seller). Definitely worth it for that price.

Can anyoen comment on the projection/longevity on this one?

- - - Updated - - -

anyone have a sample or small decant they are willing to swap?

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    anyone have a sample or small decant they are willing to swap?
    PM me, I think I have some samples.

Anybody else tried it?