Code of Conduct

Default new old spice colognes..........yeah it says cologne

Old Spice has recently released a new collection called the wild collection. In this collections there are three scents Hawkridge, Foxcrest, and Wolfthorn. What is significant about this new Old Spice collection is that the product is available in Bodywash, Deodorant, Deo/Anti-Perspirant, bodyspray, and SPRAY COLOGNE. The Colognes (which I only saw Wolfthorn and Foxcrest) come in the same bottle as Old Spice Classic Cologne except they have a sprayer at the top. Its interesting to me that with the success that Old Spice has had with some of thier scents like Pure Sport and Swagger that these new ones are getting a Cologne version.

Default Re: new old spice colognes..........yeah it says cologne

Interesting.

Dependent

Anyone got the notes?

I will definitely give these a sniff if I see them in the store. I would hope them listing these as colognes means they are slightly higher quality than your typical body sprays.

I think every Basenoter must have Old Spice Classic Cologne in their collection.

Look forward to these, needless to say they will be a straight to discounter.

The Old Spice website doesn't mention any of these...hmmm.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I think every Basenoter must have Old Spice Classic Cologne in their collection.

Look forward to these, needless to say they will be a straight to discounter.
    Completely agree with you. Talk about classic scents!

Interesting!

Dependent

Found the notes for Wolfthorn!

"In the world of good-smellingness, Wolfthorn is the Presidentlord.
    Wolfthorn is a fragrance for the man who can run alone or with a pack.
    For nocturnal creatures.
    Answer the smell of the wild."

Duh.

The names sound like straight out of Top Gun or something, though still awesome sounding.

LOL at the label on that Wolfthorn bottle.

I actually bought the whole fox crest line today. I don't know the notes but there is something I find highly enjoyable about it. you can smell the old spice base but there is something fresh in it that I can't place, and note I cannot recall smelling before. I have to say the cologne has a great sprayer and lasts, has decent projection and spillage, but don't over spray cause it can get cloying. I have smelled the other two, hawkridge being a crisp, fresh affair with wolfthorn having a one million, or armani code vibe... Check Em out!

- - - Updated - - -

I meant sillage of course, but spillage is a pretty damn funny autocorrect!

Quote Originally Posted by fresh2death View Post
    I actually bought the whole fox crest line today. I don't know the notes but there is something I find highly enjoyable about it. you can smell the old spice base but there is something fresh in it that I can't place, and note I cannot recall smelling before. I have to say the cologne has a great sprayer and lasts, has decent projection and spillage, but don't over spray cause it can get cloying. I have smelled the other two, hawkridge being a crisp, fresh affair with wolfthorn having a one million, or armani code vibe... Check Em out!

- - - Updated - - -

I meant sillage of course, but spillage is a pretty damn funny autocorrect!

I went with the Wolfthorn line and as a stand alone fragrance the cologne is just slightly better than a typical Old Spice Bodyspray but as a line with the bodywash, deodorant, and cologne I think it is well. The deo seems to last longer than the cologne but, they compliment each other well enough. I'm gonna get the Foxcrest line next. The price of the whole line only comes around to about $15 and $20 if you include the bodyspray. One thing of note though, I got your thoughts on Hawkridge and Wolfthorn in reverse the Wolfthron to me is the on that crisp, fresh, and blue while the Hawkridge (which is not available as a Cologne at my wal-mart) is the one that has that sweet vanilla/cinnamon/tonka vibe.

I have Wolfthorn. It's mostly lavender and pineapple to my nose. I actually enjoy it a lot and so does my girlfriend. This is definitely for the younger crowd, though. If you like Cool Water you'll probably like this. It might also be a nice poor-man's Aventus- if you're craving pineapple. Longevity is about 3 hours, but it turns into a skin scent pretty quickly. But what do you expect for $8.00 a bottle?

I haven't smelled the others. I bought this one after smelling a scratch-and-sniff ad in this month's Men's Health.

You might be right, I had all three of them on my arms so I easily could've mixed up hawkridge and wolfthorn, lol. I'm definitely going to get the sweet one, as it would layer pretty well with a bunch of my fragrances, marketing, gets you every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you haven't seen the hawkridge commercial, you need to you tube it immediately. Absolutely stupid, silly, and over the top, but hilarious, just what you'd expect from an old spice commerical

You might be right, I had all three of them on my arms so I easily could've mixed up hawkridge and wolfthorn, lol. I'm definitely going to get the sweet one, as it would layer pretty well with a bunch of my fragrances, marketing, gets you every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you haven't seen the hawkridge commercial, you need to you tube it immediately. Absolutely stupid, silly, and over the top, but hilarious, just what you'd expect from an old spice commerical
    LMAO that was awesome

I thought the Foxcrest deodorant actually reminded me of Tuscan Leather a little somehow. Think because it mostly smelled of leather and musk.

I absolutely love Wolfthorn though, it smells really good and quite high quality for a body spray imo. Who knows if it's the exact same over in America though. I got notes of mainly vanilla, musk\amber\ and some orange, with some neroli maybe thrown in. Definitely my favourite of the bunch.

Eager to test them asap

Ill wind up getting the whole in, plus the original. Funny I started off as a semi snob but now my greatest joy is finding a fragrance I love that's inexpensive

Well hopefully some people can stop being such fragrance snobs, and try out the new Wolfthorn one.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I bet if the original Old Spice was released as "Statue of Liberty" by Bond no 9, basenoters would be in love with it.

Wow!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

- - - Updated - - -

I think they missed the boat on the sweet one aka the hawkridge by not releasing it as a cologne yet. I just prefer to use bodyspray as a bodyspray (sprayed all over the body after shower) but I prefer a spritz of cologne/edt on pulse points wrist necks etc. Hawkridge has that sweet oriental vibe that I think a lot would enjoy in a cologne. I seen on amazon that Old Spice Bar Soap looks to be released soon as well.

Hopefully they put out cologne versions of all of them. Just scored a splash on cologne of the original tonight, with my better half asking if I really needed it. Of course I did, and haha, and I'll look to grab the aftershave, and the hawkridge, wolfthorn lines as well. Waiting for taste of fragrance in the mail yet totally sidetracked and enjoying old spice and it's many offerings

Last edited by mcurtiss; 15th February 2013 at 01:26 PM.

I picked up the Wolfthorn cologne today at Wal*Mart. I like it -- definitely a younger crowd cologne. It's strange because when I sprayed it on when I got to my car, I thought it smelled a little like (either) the original Joop or Le Male. 3 hours later it sat very close to my skin and it reminded me of "I Am King" (the pineapple, no doubt?). I just reapplied it now while sitting here and it smells very candy like. Citrus. Not really smelling Joop or Le Male at all now. Weird.

I like it better now than I did in the car. It definitely isn't going to last all day, but it's a good value for the price.

I am not sure what the other one they had in cologne was, but I didn't care for it at all. It smelled like a lot of the other new colognes from the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I bet if the original Old Spice was released as "Statue of Liberty" by Bond no 9, basenoters would be in love with it.
    Basenoters already love original Old Spice. It is fine stuff, highly regarded by knowledgeable fragrance aficionados.

Default new old spice colognes..........yeah it says cologne

Grabbed some Wolfthorn cologne this afternoon. One spray to the neck and I was hit with a grapefruit/dishsoap bomb. Not an overall positive first impression.

I sniffed the Hawkridge body wash and overall, I think that's the best of the three.
    Last edited by mcurtiss; 17th February 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Hope these comes to France !!
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Second day with Wolfthorn and I have I say I'm beginning to like it. It raw and young, but a nice grapefruit scent.