Code of Conduct

Question If you could, would you?

Make your own fragrance that is. If you had the ingredients and the time would you make your own perfect scent. This would assume of course that you also had the skill and ability. Would the search for the "perfect scent" (which I have never found) spark your own creativity?
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Default Re: If you could, would you?

I've always enjoyed other's people work rather than my own. I like reading books, but not writing; I like eating great food, but not cooking; I like listening to music, but not playing an instrument. Basically, I like to see what the fascinating ideas of others can come up with as opposed to mine. Or I'm just lazy as sh**...

I would love to do that.
    I would try to make something with the opening of Pure Malt.
    Drydown: a mix of Dior Homme Intense, l'Instant Extreme and Aventus.

I too am more a consumer than a creator, although I try to function as a linguistic transducer at times.

I don't think I could settle on one, and I'd probably be tweeking any creation forever, as I found out when I tried to create electronic music.

Sounds good. But not with fragrances.

Oud, Sandalwood, Cinammon and Musk. It may sound odd to some but I'm sure something nice could be made of it.

I would love to give it a go. I like to challenge myself creatively and find new ways to express myself, and fragrances would be a whole new frontier for me.

I would love to give it a shot sometime

I'd try to replicate a sip of fine bourbon around a campfire in a dense dense pine forest.

Oud, Sandalwood, Cinammon and Musk. It may sound odd to some but I'm sure something nice could be made of it.

i ordered a huge set of nearly 100 essential oils and bought a bottle of everclear. Lets just say i was not born to be a perfumer.

I have the ability. I may someday if the desire intensifies. If I do, I will definitely make it a public offering.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Banned
    Blog Entries

takes time, money and effort. not on my top priority now.

it's not something you can do in your spare time.

if you REALLY want to make a quality fragrance, you need to dedicate a lot of hard work.

It is a financial investment. The work isn't taxing to me. The creation is the hard part.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Wouldn't be worth it for me.

Ofcourse, all thou i dont think there is that 1 perfect scent. but a perfect scent for certain occasions
    Looking for YSL M7 (NON-REFORMED) PM ME!

I'd love to experiment with ingredients if I had the opportunity, the closest I've come to doing something like that was mixing a few different fragrances in one decant.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnifiscent View Post
    i ordered a huge set of nearly 100 essential oils and bought a bottle of everclear. Lets just say i was not born to be a perfumer.
    On the plus side, you still have the bottle of everclear. Use the method: "A little for the cologne, a little for me, a little for the cologne, a little for me...." That way, if it turns out poorly - you don't care as much!

Im actually working on a vetiver scent right now. It is very expensive and time consuming.

I'd definitely try it.

I would want one that probably utilized booze (brandy or some sort of dry wine) and a particular type of Japanese smoked tea that I haven't stumbled across yet in a fragrance called Houjicha. Maybe some incense and a touch of amber for good measure on a musky (not too dirty) base.

My favorite single note over all is rose though, so I'd probably have to figure out how to jam that somewhere in there as well.

If I had a technician at my disposal, I'd give it a try.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Houjicha. Maybe some incense and a touch of amber for good measure on a musky (not too dirty) base.
    Love the smell of roasting houjicha. Please sell me a bottle once you've completed the scent

I'd love to if I had the money!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Love the smell of roasting houjicha. Please sell me a bottle once you've completed the scent
    Haha, for sure! That's one scent that I'm really surprised hasn't been utilized in any fragrances that I'm aware of. I often just enjoy smelling the free leaf tea by itself. Fantastic!