Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Scent like Avatar?

Okay folks, well back in my college days, I got into that cheapy-cologne by Coty called "Avatar." I've gotten a surprising amount of compliments on it over the years and I personally love the smell on me, all in spite of the fact that this is one of the "drug store" wonders.

Now, I know that Avatar doesn't last long at all. Yes, I have to be very near someone in order to get a compliment on it. So, in light of this, I would like to find another scent that smells like this, but lasts longer/has better projection/silage.

I read somewhere on these forums about a cologne that someone recommended that smelled just like Avatar, but I don't remember what it was. So, for those of you who have smelled Avatar, any recommendations as to a "better quality" cologne out there that comes close to matching this scent?
    Doctor, doctor...what is wrong with me...?

Default Re: Scent like Avatar?

I vaguely recall smelling Avatar in a Marshalls year ago. Drakkar Noir and one of the A&F scents are sort of like it but I cant draw allusions to any high quality scents really. I mean it is what it is. :^)

You know what? Try Paratus its not like it but its in a similar vein and its HIGH quality. www.aedes.com has it.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 2nd July 2008 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    I vaguely recall smelling Avatar in a Marshalls year ago. Drakkar Noir and one of the A&F scents are sort of like it but I cant draw allusions to any high quality scents really. I mean it is what it is. :^)

You know what? Try Paratus its not like it but its in a similar vein and its HIGH quality. www.aedes.com has it.

Cheers,
    Al
    Thanks for the tip, Al, I will have to try that out and report back to you. I didn't really think that I'd get too many responses to this thread because as you said, Avatar is what it is, which is to say, not a "high-quality" scent compared to most on these boards. It has however worked for me though and is an efficient ($) way to smell nicely, especially with the American economy being so whack right now and silly little things like gasoline taking an ever-increasing toll on my "fun money." But fellow Basenoters rest assured, it is but one small scent in my ever-increasing stock of lovely scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Amused*to*Death View Post
    Okay folks, well back in my college days, I got into that cheapy-cologne by Coty called "Avatar." So, in light of this, I would like to find another scent that smells like this, but lasts longer/has better projection/silage.
    Ah, Avatar. If I remember correctly, Avatar smelled like cold, fresh gin to me. Simple, yes, quiet, yes, but many nice things are.

Bowling Green gives me something of that gin-and-tonic feeling, although I would not say that it and Avatar smell much alike. Vetiver and Eau Sauvage maybe, also.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Ah, Avatar. If I remember correctly, Avatar smelled like cold, fresh gin to me. Simple, yes, quiet, yes, but many nice things are.
    Excellent analogy! I completely agree with you and thank you for giving me the words to easily describe this scent. I will proudly continue to wear it since it "works" very well for me. If only it was stronger...

Read the BN Directory reviews of Lomani for men. I think you'd like this one, and it's so cheap it's almost funny !

If the fresh gin (the drink) is what you think you're looking for, then go for Eau de Rochas Pour Homme. The openning always reminds me of a gin drink. It's a citrus/fresh scent.
    Scents with a juniper berry note will do the trick. These are scents that will give you the cool and clean smell. Joop Nightflight has juniper berry if I remember correctly and you can do a search in the directory for the note.
    Good luck!
    RM

I hear ya on the SICK gas prices. Everytime I fill up I think, damn coulda bought a new fragrance. Claiborne Sport has a crisp sparkly vibe to it that may curb yur needs. It's super cheap check www.scentiments.com

I recall Avatar having a sort of lavender note in it. Hmmm . . . I'll let you know if other scents come to mind.

Cheers,
    Al

Blog Entries

I actually compare it to Fierce by A&F................yes, A&F!

I have received more compliments with Avatar than any
    other cologne . It's getting harder to find and more expensive.

I have received more compliments with Avatar than any
    other cologne . It's getting harder to find and more expensive.

Prince de Galles Silver has a similar vibe.