Code of Conduct

Default The best Autumn fragrance you didn't even know you needed.

I'd like to inform everyone of something. If you're looking for a great fall scent you need to check out Slumberhouse Jeke. I received a sample of it with a recent order and until I bought it the thought "I needed it" was never too far from my head. It has the best tobacco note I've smelled yet (a somewhat unqualified statement, I've only smelled so many...)

To me this is a sublime fall fragrance, a smokey and spiced rich tobacco. The color of the juice, a dark amberish brown, perfectly describes what you'll be getting.

You might be saying "I've already tried it, so what" Well to you I say, have you tried it recently? From my recent interest in the line I've come to see that he has no problem changing around his creations, modifying the notes/ingredients. The previous iteration had birch tar in the mix, it is now replaced with lapsing souchong. I've never sampled it before the change, but from his description he sent I have no doubt this is one of the aspects that makes me like it so much.

His description from an email conversation:

They take chicken wire screens and layer the tea leaves on them and hang, then burn cedar chips and let the smoke rise up and through the leaves until they are saturated with the smokiness and from there the solvent extraction process occurs. It's very creative and the smell is absolute perfection to me.
    It's fantastic. If you have any interest please check it out.

Default Re: The best Autumn fragrance you didn't even know you needed.

I have Jeke and love it, but the one I just ordered, Sova, seems the most autumnal to me. It doesn't smell like a perfume. It smells like a barn full of hay. I love Slumberhouse. Josh Lobb has renewed my faith in American perfumery.

I also ordered Sova, I do love it also. They compliment each other nicely.

The new Jeke sounds incredible...thanks starshipvelcro!
    My best Autumn fragrance (but I knew I needed it) is also one of Josh's - Rume - the honey note is a killer - in a good way!
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

I think Slumberhouse might have to be my next set of samples. I really want to try them out because their notes sound so different than anything I have tried so far. Color me intrigued.

My sample pack is in the mail - can't wait to try jeke and vikt.

Starship, are you positive that Jeke has been changed? It certainly sounds interesting with this new tea note... Perhaps this is the Jeke 1.5 Alfarom wished for in his review.

I might have to order some samples from Slumberhouse soon... Also, I wonder if any of his other scents have "evolved" over time.

Sounds good will have to check it out.

Wow great news. I found the original Jeke to be very colse being full bottle worthy, but this new iterations sounds just amazing. Thanks, Starship!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Starship, are you positive that Jeke has been changed? It certainly sounds interesting with this new tea note... Perhaps this is the Jeke 1.5 Alfarom wished for in his review.

I might have to order some samples from Slumberhouse soon... Also, I wonder if any of his other scents have "evolved" over time.
    Yes, he specifically said that people really prefer the new version and went on to say that he replaced the birch tar with the lapsing souchong.

I do believe that a few of his have undergone some changes, the ones I know of are Grev (forget what changed) and Kere, which he he is still working on. He sent me a sample of the work in progress with my order and it has a somewhat tart but warm apple vibe.

Ahh this explains the slight difference I have in a couple samples of Jeke. Nice! Adding Sova to my list. I've really liked most of the Slumberhouse frags I've sampled; very strong and confident.

I have been sampling from this house and todaying I'm trying out Jeke... good lord it is fantastic. Autumn is over and Winter is almost gone, but this is definitely on my "to purchase" list regardless.

I recently tried Vickt which was nice enough, would love to get my hands on Rume but will have to keep an eye out for Jeke too as autumn is nigh!...in the southern hemisphere

- - - Updated - - -

I recently tried Vickt which was nice enough, would love to get my hands on Rume but will have to keep an eye out for Jeke too as autumn is nigh!...in the southern hemisphere
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Nothing is more Autumnal to me than Gucci PH II.