Code of Conduct

Default Anyone in the US have LIDGE and not like it?

LIDGE seems like such a great scent, especially in the US where it is really hard to find. Does anyone have LIDGE and actually not like it? If so, what is it about LIDGE that you don't like? I'd like to get some opinions before making a purchase.

Thanks BN!

Default Re: Anyone in the US have LIDGE and not like it?

I'm sure there are a lot, but I don't count myself as one of them.

Good here.

It's not that I don't like it, but IMHO, I like the regualr L'Instant EDT better. LIDGE is flat and weak on my skin. I sold my bottle and I never looked back.

I just didn't see anything special about it to deserve the hype.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    I just didn't see anything special about it to deserve the hype.
    Same here. I find it "good". But the first time I smelled it I was more like, "What.... this is it....?"

Like 95% of the hype machine on here, I didn't find it nearly as good as promised.

Not that it's bad either mind you.

So far the only one's that have really delivered for me have been LDDM, and M7 (though I don't consider it the end all fragrance that many proclaim it is, it's one of the best "modern" designer scents I've smelled).

I blind bought two bottles and sold both. It was way too mature for me and definitely for cold weather only. You'd better sample it first.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    It's not that I don't like it, but IMHO, I like the regualr L'Instant EDT better. LIDGE is flat and weak on my skin. I sold my bottle and I never looked back.
    That's exactly what I thought of the EDT compared to the EDP. Maybe we received bad batches for our respective purchases.

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme is easily my favorite drydown of a fragrance. It's simply not my favorite because I really don't care for the opening. But spray a piece of paper and come back after thirty minutes, phenomenal scent IMO. Works well on my skin too, not just on a piece of paper.

I really dig LIDGE and LIDG.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I wouldn't say I dislike it, but it doesn't do much to quicken my pulse. I have owned it for about a year and a half and have only worn it about 4 times, as I find I don't really ever feel motivated to wear it. Had I sampled first, I wouldn't have purchased it.

I like it quite a bit, but so far a sample is enough for me. I prefer samples to full bottles anyway.
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

It's an excellent fragrance in my opinion.
    Worth it's retail price.

I bought some from the toronto boutique three weeks ago and still haven't gotten my bottle I guess because of a huge holdup at customs so I couldn't tell you. Thinking about just getting my money back and trying the original L'instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Middlenotes View Post
    I bought some from the toronto boutique three weeks ago and still haven't gotten my bottle I guess because of a huge holdup at customs so I couldn't tell you. Thinking about just getting my money back and trying the original L'instant.
    They're very different. You be selling yourself short reverting to the EDT.

I think this question has very rare positive answers not only in US but all over the world, so don't expect much on it!!!

I think there are two points to take into consideration with LIDGE. 1. Olfactory fatigue is common. I once sprayed too much because I had trouble smelling it after the initial sprays. Later, friends commented that it was too strong. 2. This is related: the amount you spray is very important. Ask a trustworthy person how it smells on you. A light touch goes a long way. If it is applied properly, it is very elegant and sexy. Very good with more formal clothes, but also good with stylish informal clothes. Maybe not so good for the ripped-jeans look, unpressed clothes, etc. (Perhaps it is a bit 'mature' although in the elegant, European sense, not the 'old man' sense.)