• Don't like

22 14.97%
  • Haven't tried it

10 6.80%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CREED Aventus

Default CREED Aventus

How many like or dislike Aventus.
    Throw out the price, the batch fiasco, throw out the house name while were at it.
    Poll is based on the scent itself.

Lets go!

Default Re: CREED Aventus

I think it's OK, but I don't understand the widespread love for it. I was in Harrods in London yesterday (which has an amazing Fragrance Section and was told that Aventus was their best-selling Niche fragrance. I guess there has to be something to it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

My ratings for Aventus

Overall Scent - 5/5
    Originality - 5/5
    Versatility - 4.5/5
    Projection - 5/5
    Longevity - 4.5/5
    Value - 4/5
    Overall Rating - 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    I think it's OK, but I don't understand the widespread love for it. I was in Harrods in London yesterday (which has an amazing Fragrance Section and was told that Aventus was their best-selling Niche fragrance. I guess there has to be something to it.
    You should widen the poll, to have more ptions. I 'Like' it but that's all, certainly don't love it!

Never heard of it.

The scent is gorgous.

Its refined but its not to snobby or conservative.

Nice and fresh and clean, with sophisticated qualities, just how i like it.
    Last edited by DMA; 25th January 2013 at 04:24 PM.

I like it.

One of the best Creeds!

Blog Entries

Aventus is a nice scent -- fresh, fruity, and pleasant. Voted for "like"

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Never heard of it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOhhh!!!
    No more!!!!!!
    No more!!!!!!!
    NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it a lot.

Sound Scents

It is very average, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I 'Like' it but that's all, certainly don't love it!
    That's where my vote would have gone.

Or maybe the "Serves its purpose" if that were an option.

Have not tried it. Pineapple doesn't sound snobby and conservative enough but I might try it out of curiosity, perhaps.

Never tried it. Would love to, though. Its quite a price for a 125ml. Very hard to get in Europe aswell.

Voted that I like it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Aventus is superb in it's scent, projection, longevity, and uniqueness. The only Creed I'd even consider paying retail price for.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Aventus is the most amazing smell ever. Don't "test"... At first I was like eh it's kinda OK.

Then I wore it out and I was like what's that delicious smell... Oh wait that's me, and my mind was blown

I *can't* throw out the price and the batch fiasco. Quality control is incredibly important given the price they expect for their products. If when one bought a Rolls Royce one couldn't be guaranteed that the wheels were round and the axles straight, would one be expected to just write it off as a bad batch, and grin and bear the bumpy/wobbly ride? The fact is, at its best, Aventus is wonderful. But that Aventus will cost you just as much as an ashy, unbalanced bottle of crap one would never wear.

If Aventus were only $20, and I had to choose between it and Rochas Man, I'd pick the latter.

Aventus is a great compliment getter? There's a big difference between, "You smell good" and "You make it smell good in here (like an air freshener)."

Keep in mind, there may be a bandwagon of seeming to dislike/'hate' Aventus going on.

-Get a scent that people rave about.
    -Beat that scent into their heads by bringing it up a lot, and eventually people may start a bandwagon thing of seeming to dislike/'hate' the frag.

Alas, I'd like for the frequency of Aventus being posted about to decrease..

Aventus is a scent I enjoy very much, but it's actually one of my least complimented scents, though I haven't met anyone who disliked it. I consider Aventus to be ultra-safe rather than sexy.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Blog Entries

I enjoy it well enough... smells great when I detect it on my clothing. However I tried Fahrenheit the other day and it seemed appealing at first, but within minutes I wanted to get as far away from it as possible! From that distance, it would continue to be appealing. Not that there's a similarity between the two, except for the amount of enthusiasm people demonstrate.
    "When the milk,
    tasted like perfume,
    you had been drinking from the carton,
    and I knew."

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    It is very average, IMO.
    Agreed.

for swap/sale:

I own and like it
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Alas, I'd like for the frequency of Aventus being posted about to decrease..
    I doubt it'll happen. Everybody and their brother's girlfriend's divorced uncle's new boyfriend seems to think he needs to start a new thread about it rather than using the search feature, because even though the topic has been beaten to death, it hasn't been beaten to death by him yet.

By the way, did you hear the news? Somebody already released a clone of Fresco. Didn't see THAT comin'!

I like it. But my first impression was that it's OK. I'm currently on the hunt for a few new spring/summer scents.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

I like it - not as much as GIT, but I like it. SWMBO likes it - which is often more important.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I doubt it'll happen. Everybody and their brother's girlfriend's divorced uncle's new boyfriend seems to think he needs to start a new thread about it rather than using the search feature, because even though the topic has been beaten to death, it hasn't been beaten to death by him yet.

By the way, did you hear the news? Somebody already released a clone of Fresco. Didn't see THAT comin'!
    So what do you find more painful, the 1,604,397th thread started about Aventus or how basenotes is running right now. To me it is a close, but with the edge trending towards another Aventus thread.

I like the smell but it has terrible projection and longevity on me, sadly.

A beautiful scent. I want to marry it.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    So what do you find more painful, the 1,604,397th thread started about Aventus or how basenotes is running right now. To me it is a close, but with the edge trending towards another Aventus thread.
    Do you mean all of the duplicate posts and slowness? Ugh. That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I'm doing some research in the DIY pages tonight before my date arrives and BN is painfully slow, which is why I end up browsing instead, because I open a pile of pages in tabs and wait for them to load. Bummer.

Anyway... the slowness is worse, but that's only because I'm in a rush tonight.

I voted for the like. It is one of my top five fragrances and I am very glad that I own a full bottle even though it wasnt my favorite batch.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

It's the best pineapple scent that CREED has ever made.
    Last edited by morrison74; 5th February 2013 at 08:13 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Its a tear of god for men

I don't particularly like the sample I have, the pineapple disappears quickly and all that is left is an average smelling smoke. I'll have to try it again at some point and hopefully get a more pineappley batch.

Basenotes Plus

Well......as I've said probably once too often before I would guess there are far more people who enjoy Martin Lawrence movies than enjoy the films of Robert Bresson.

There's nothing awful about Aventus.

Basenotes Plus

well, it may work differently for everyone, but aventus is my go-to sexy/seductive scent. (it works well for almost everything, but ESPECIALLY well if i know i will be close to women.) I've had girls kiss me on the neck after a hug because she smelled aventus. This has happened many times lol. I know its aventus because they go something like "i'm sorry i don't know why i just did that, but you just smelled so good" and then blush. One time the girl nibbled on / licked my neck a lil bit, she got visibly horny but had to contain herself because we were in public at a small professional mixer event, lol. That was an awesome night =)

If it doesn't work for you, i'm sorry. Some people genuinely don't like it all that much and to them its just meh, i can respect that. Then there are the haters who will hate just because its hyped and its popular...damn hipsters lol (j/k). To me, this is a fragrance thats got lotsa hype for good reason. it smells damn good and girls love the smell =)
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Personally I love it, even though I've never been complimented on it.

When my decant runs out, I'll definitely try to get my hands on some more
    if I can afford it. I think it's a pretty unique fragrance and one of the best
    Creed has to offer.

Although, I will admit, I think it's really over hyped here on the forums.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlz View Post
    well, it may work differently for everyone, but aventus is my go-to sexy/seductive scent. (it works well for almost everything, but ESPECIALLY well if i know i will be close to women.) I've had girls kiss me on the neck after a hug because she smelled aventus. This has happened many times lol. I know its aventus because they go something like "i'm sorry i don't know why i just did that, but you just smelled so good" and then blush. One time the girl nibbled on / licked my neck a lil bit, she got visibly horny but had to contain herself because we were in public at a small professional mixer event, lol. That was an awesome night =)
    My pet cat who is female was sniffing at my Aventus sample and a short while later seemed very horny.

A scene from Jeopardy:

Contestant: "I"ll take scent subjective masterpieces for 1000 please Alec"

Alex Trebec: "batch C42B10K03 considered to be the best fragrance released for 2010 or considered by many to be the rough end of the pineapple"

Contestant: "What is Aventus?"

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    To be truthful I get a lot of pleasure from the never ending Aventus threads. It's like seeing some ugly friendly little dog
    in the neighborhood everyday. It's also comforting to see that other basenoters are as irritated as I am with how badly Basenotes runs so much of the time.

I think it's just ok. I also don't actually get all the hype about it. It simply might be because it is Creed.

Basenotes Member

Can't say I've ever had the urge to try it, I'm sure I will one day though.

Quote Originally Posted by noodlz View Post
    well, it may work differently for everyone, but aventus is my go-to sexy/seductive scent. (it works well for almost everything, but especially well if i know i will be close to women.) i've had girls kiss me on the neck after a hug because she smelled aventus. This has happened many times lol. I know its aventus because they go something like "i'm sorry i don't know why i just did that, but you just smelled so good" and then blush. One time the girl nibbled on / licked my neck a lil bit, she got visibly horny but had to contain herself because we were in public at a small professional mixer event, lol. That was an awesome night =)

if it doesn't work for you, i'm sorry. Some people genuinely don't like it all that much and to them its just meh, i can respect that. Then there are the haters who will hate just because its hyped and its popular...damn hipsters lol (j/k). To me, this is a fragrance thats got lotsa hype for good reason. It smells damn good and girls love the smell =)
    that!

Blog Entries

Gets me compliments, wife likes it, I like it, don't understand the worship, but hey...I own a full bottle!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dernier_Cri View Post
    To be truthful I get a lot of pleasure from the never ending Aventus threads. It's like seeing some ugly friendly little dog
    in the neighborhood everyday. It's also comforting to see that other basenoters are as irritated as I am with how badly Basenotes runs so much of the time.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

You should widen the poll, to have more ptions. I 'Like' it but that's all, certainly don't love it!
    This. I just purchased a 50 ml decant and longevity was great. BUT I didn't love it. Despite a good balance the pineapple really just beat me down after awhile. Lol...there were no longing glances at work from females. I just found it OK and didn't understand hype. So I might resell the decant. Disappointed after a week of wearing.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

It's nice enough, I guess. Not so keen on all the Aventus threads that just seem to cover the same ground, but I guess it's my fault for reading them.

CologneFan85

Aventus post... Surprise surprise

Aventus! Aventus! Aventus!

The batch I have is very smoky.... I actually asked my supervisor if I smelled like cigarettes. It's a good scent. I would like it more if I can get the more pineapple batch.

Wonderful stuff!
    LOST! in scent and music

Aventus is my favorite Creed fragrance. It is very nice. I can't think of anything that smells like it in top notes or base notes.

Basenotes Plus

ok quick update. for those who don't know (i believe this has been talked about alot already), there are batch variations in aventus, so you really have take that into consideration. I didn't think it'd be such a huge difference till today when i smelled another bottle of a different batch. My opinion of aventus would be very different if i gotten that bottle instead. At the price point of $300+ for a bottle, that bottle was wayyy over priced crap. Watery pineapple. Now with that scent if it was under $100 i would have thought is pretty good, but nothing amazing. I love my batch of E01 Aventus, rich, smoky, hints of smooth vanilla, splash of pineapple on top. real sexy/seductive stuff.

So yeah, thought i'd give a FYI for those who were not aware of how much of a difference the batch variations make.
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

I recieved my bottle on monday from creed uk and im very satisfied with it. its fruity, but the fruitiness is slightly played down and muted. it has a certain sparkling quality to it also ive noticed.

i havent smelt any other batches to make a comparrison, but i couldnt imagine it being any nicer...

I've tried it twice thus far but I can't say the scent matches the asking price point. That's actually my 'complaint' about the majority of Creed and Bond no. 9 fragrances.

Had three different bottles and sold em all. Sad, confused, tedious, and tinny little thing. As far as women go, my girlfriend doesn't think much of it. Some of the others I know initially think they like it, but they tend to like other fragrances a lot more.

Love Basenotes, but I'm not into current trends, here or anywhere else.
    Last edited by pluran; 27th January 2013 at 05:14 AM.

enough

Honestly, it is overhyped. I voted that I didn't like it on your poll. It's not a bad scent, but it's not great either. Especially for the price IMO. I know people on BN are huge fans of Aventus, but I am not.