Code of Conduct

Default CK Contradiction

I bought Contradiction over a decade ago, and while I quite liked it was somewhat disappointed with its longevity. It wasn't a scent I could put on to go to work in the morning, and expect it to still be there keeping me fresh at the end of the working day. So I rarely used it.

But I've noticed that I've been using it a lot the last month and a half of our hot summer. I have nearly gone through half of a 50ml bottle (probably because I only need scents to last 3 or 4 hours nowadays - in between visits to the beach).

Does anybody else still like it, or use it?
    Regards,
    Renato

Default Re: CK Contradiction

I remember liking this one when it first came out, but that was a long time ago, and I'm sure my tastes have changed. It's available fairly cheap online, perhaps ill give it a shot.

It's an OK scent IMO.

Never cared for this.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I remember liking this one when it first came out, but that was a long time ago, and I'm sure my tastes have changed. It's available fairly cheap online, perhaps ill give it a shot.
    It's actually going pretty cheap in most of the discount outlets down here - $30 for a 100ml bottle. Though it's still not that good a value, as one has to put on 8 to 10 sprays to get a nice effect out of it.
    Regards,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    It's an OK scent IMO.
    Thanks, nice to know I'm not alone.
    Cheers,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Never cared for this.
    I suspect that you may be in a majority.
    Regards,
    Renato

I loved it but haven't owned it in over a decade
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I've always liked it. Still have a vintage bottle in my collection, along with a bottle of the after shave, and the terrific bar soap, too. I don't wear it much these days, but it remains one of the best CKs, and a very good designer scent overall. Bonus points for cool packaging.

I've always liked it. Still have a vintage bottle in my collection, along with a bottle of the after shave, and the terrific bar soap, too. I don't wear it much these days, but it remains one of the best CKs, and a very good designer scent overall. Bonus points for cool packaging.

Overcome By Fumes

Never tried Contradiction, but Contradiction for Men is my favorite CK fragrance. I'm impressed by its ability to smell cool and warm at different times. The top notes seem especially cool, while the heart is warm. One of the better fresh orientals.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I loved it but haven't owned it in over a decade
    Thanks. Now that it's getting quite cheap, are you perhaps considering a reacquisition?
    Cheers,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Thanks. I have a small tube of aftershave balm too. I agree, the bottle design is indeed quite cool.
    Regards,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Never tried Contradiction, but Contradiction for Men is my favorite CK fragrance. I'm impressed by its ability to smell cool and warm at different times. The top notes seem especially cool, while the heart is warm. One of the better fresh orientals.
    You thought I was discussing wearing the women's scent? Curious.

Yes, it is does have a cool smell about it. But it is an oriental which is usually associated with warmth.
    Cheers,
    Renato