Code of Conduct

Default Hello basenotes! I'm just starting out in the world of scents, so here's an introduction about me!

Hey there,

I've always been a "lurker". I visited basenotes ever since Summer 2011, but I never really registered until now. Glad I did! I'd like to introduce myself!

I started collecting colognes in July-August of 2011, where my first bottle was D&G The One, purchased as a gift from my mother for just starting college. Little did she know that it would ultimately make me obsessed with the cologne world, haha. Whenever I enter a beauty store, such as the local Sephora or Macy's (I live in the United States), I always check out the fragrance section. People probably make fun of me secretly, thinking "oh hahaha there's a guy checking out girl perfumes", but I like to think that they think "Oh wow, he must be buying his girlfriend something, what a sweet guy!" instead For the record, I'm single. Not too worried about that! I've realized that I really enjoy fruity scents, with apple bases in particular. With that said, I really enjoy the DKNY Be Delicious perfume for women, and will probably be attracted to whoever wears that in the future. Ironically, since I'm in college, I don't think I'm going to experience that. In college (for me at least), all the guys wear something like Curve Crush with the occasional self-proclaimed sophisticate who has One Million, Le Male, or maybe even Acqua Di Giorgio once in a while, and all the girls wear, well.... I really don't know since I'm a guy, but they all smell nice!

I'm currently 19 now, in my second year second semester of college, and I have purchased a lot of cologne! More than I'd like to admit, but it's become a guilty pleasure. Currently, I have, from chronological order:
    D&G The One, Le Male, Versace Pour Homme, D&G Force 11, YSL L'Homme (not Libre), Fahrenheit (I got this one because I obtained a motorcycle license, so I only wear it when I'm on my bike because I like to be badass sometimes haha), Burberry Classic, Hermes Voyage (I had both the EDP and EDT, but I gave the black bottle one away to a friend), Armani Code, and Santos De Cartier. (these bottles are all 3.3 or 4.2 by the way!)
    I had YSL Body Kouros, but I gave that to a friend as well, and I had a VERY ORIGINAL GUCCI ENVY that I have no idea what happened to it.. I live in a Fraternity House (l phi e until I ************ die) and I think someone might have borrowed it and lost it. I'm too nice sometimes haha. I find that I don't really use a lot of cologne every day, so what I have right now is probably going to last me a lifetime!

BUT! That probably won't stop me from collecting! Right now, I'm deciding on buying some Creed house colognes. The ones that interest me are Aventus (I have a 30 ml decant which I've been using. It's nice, but I don't really like the smokey portion of it. I purchased a smoke & pineapple heavy batch, apparently), GIT, SMW, and MI. I've used a 10 ml decant of MI before, and although I really like the watermelon candy-like scent (that's what I get from it), I feel like the longevity is too short. I've tried GIT before but totally forgot about it, so I'm assuming I probably wasn't too amazed by it.

I'm looking for some suggestions for what to buy next!

P.S. -
    In the summer of 2012, I had a sample of aventus that BLEW MY WORLD AWAY. It was super fruity, and very apple heavy. I'm afraid that since it's 2013, I might not be able to get my hands on it, since I don't live near a Creed authorized retailer, and I don't want to blind buy off frag.net or ebay because they'll probably send me an old bottle. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get one, or maybe even know someone who's selling an apple heavy batch?

Thanks!
    Sincerely,

shibiscuit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello basenotes! I'm just starting out in the world of scents, so here's an introduction about m

Thanks for the intro. Welcome aboard this discussion board! Enjoy! Ask questions! Talk! Listen! But most importantly, have fun!

Default Re: Hello basenotes! I'm just starting out in the world of scents, so here's an introduction about m

Welcome! Perhaps Montale Greyland might be one in their line to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    Great intro.
    I like how you wear Fahrenheit with your bike. I'm also getting my motorbike license this week.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to basenotes. If you like your Burberry try Brit for Men. For summer give Bleu de Chanel a test, some on here are lukewarm to it but I do quite like it. Since you like Fahrenheit you might also like Kouros. Don't worry about having too many bottles yet. Variety is, after all the spice of life.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, interesting intro, welcome to basenotes. You never know, you might end up being a member of basenotes as long as me
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Basenotes! I can't give you much advice on men's frags, but plenty of people here are well versed in the notes of many fragrances. Happy trails!

Welcome to Basenotes, the best place on the net!!! We look forward to your posts, reviews, and input.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on finding Basenotes before you are 20!

Btw don't stop at Creed, not when there so many houses both niche and designer to explore from.