Code of Conduct

Default Regreted giving away

What fragrances have you given away and later wanted to kick yourself for doing so?

Default Re: Regreted giving away

Mauboussin - Mauboussin EdP

Wore it once (when I already had a headache) and it just wasn't jiving with me. I gave it to a friend of mine, and when she wore it, I instantly began kicking myself, because it smelled WAAAAAAY better/different than what I remembered the "test drive" smelled like.

I guess the real tragedy is, my friend said she likes it, but I don't think she ever wears it, or any perfume for that matter.

CologneFan85

A bottle of A men, was to cloying at first. Then gave to a fellow co worker for something different. The day he wore it to work everyone kept saying how great he smelt...I was like WTF! lol

I didn't exactly give away my Tonka Imperiale or my Back to Black, I sold them but I do miss them dearly.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

[QUOTE=CologneFan85;2825312]A bottle of A men, was to cloying at first. Then gave to a fellow co worker for something different. The day he wore it to work everyone kept saying how great he smelt...I was like WTF! lol[/QUOTE

Lol...That was a good one. Man, I can't believe you got rid of Amen. Must have been that initial tar note that turned you off.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 26th January 2013 at 05:21 AM.

I just sold my bottle of Musc Ravageur. I already miss it, but two separate girlfriends told me they despised it, and I never met a woman that liked it all that much. And, while I wear many colognes for "me," I don't want to go 0 for 3. I need all the help I can get.

But sometimes at night, when I wasn't going out, I used to spray it on my wrist just to get to that drydown. What a unique scent.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Personally never gave anything away that I didn't detest and would ever want back.

I swapped away a bottle of Absolue Pour le Soir by MFK and still regret it to this day.

Sold bottles of Vintage PdN New York, and current version Egoiste EDT.

Regret both decisions, especially the PdN New York.
    But, at the time, didn't realize New York had been reformulated.

I exchanged my bottle of Equipage for Cuir de Russie parfum. I don't regret acquiring the parfum, just the fact that I let go of Equipage. Now it's on my shopping list for 2013. At least it's still available!

Pure Havane . I was having a cold at that time and couldn't smell the full potential of the fragrance . I just thought it was an average sweet frag . 2 months ago I got a sample , how wrong was I back then ...

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=sjg3839;2825325]
    Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    A bottle of A men, was to cloying at first. Then gave to a fellow co worker for something different. The day he wore it to work everyone kept saying how great he smelt...I was like WTF! lol[/QUOTE

Lol...That was a good one. Man, I can't believe you got rid of Amen. Must have been that initial tar note that turned you off.
    That's funny...I have owned several samples of A Man and I can't tell you how many times I have been on the verge of buying it, then backed off...I have never been so indecisive about a fragrance before.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I have only ever returned 2 to the store... Bvlgari Man and Azzaro PH. Liked both scents alot, but the longevity just wasn't there. I sort of miss them, but longevity is an important consideration. I especially wish Man was a longer-lasting frag on me. It's the best of the Bvlgaris, in my opinion.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    What fragrances have you given away and later wanted to kick yourself for doing so?
    Only person I give away fragrances to is my father, and he doesn't much care what he wears on a day-to-day basis. So every now and then I revisit his 'collection' and see if there's anything I might want to get back or trade for something else. Most recently, behind a bottle of Le Male and Armani Code Ultimate (my latest give away to him), I found a bottle of Gucci pour Homme I...now it's a part of my collection .
    Last edited by NYCBoomBoom; 26th January 2013 at 06:04 PM.

Double post.
    Last edited by NYCBoomBoom; 26th January 2013 at 06:02 PM.

Gave my mom 10 ml decant of Creed Windsor and now she can't find it.