Code of Conduct
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Cool Which 3 from my wardrobe should I bring with me to vacation in Europe this March ?

My family is planning for vacation in Europe (Might go to Italy, Germany, French, Hungary, Czech, Switzerland, etc.) this March so the weather would still be really cold, especially on the mountains in Switzerland.
    I need ones that perfumes best in winter.

Which 3 from my wardrobe should I bring with me to vacation in Europe this March ?
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Default Re: Which 3 from my wardrobe should I bring with me to vacation in Europe this March ?

Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Perfume shopping in Europe is great (just think Paris ...), so I would only bring a 5ml vial for the immediate needs, and then buy stuff in Europe. You could buy so many things, from the Serge Lutens exclusifs to whatever comes to mind, so it doesn't make sense to fill valuable luggage space and weight allowance for frags.

(Incidentally, it will certainly be cold in Europe, especially on the mountains, and compared to Thailand, but really, more than the cold per se, it's the humidity, it can be very rainy, so you should prepared with raincoats and the like).

cacio

Default Re: Which 3 from my wardrobe should I bring with me to vacation in Europe this March ?

Just take any three and have a wonderful time.

Depends on what you have.

Fill up some 10-ml-decanter of your favorites and buy all others in France, Italy or Germany or Swiss!
    My ten favorites in December (fragrances alphabetical):

Artisan Black John Varvatos
    Coeur de Vétiver Sacré L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Déclaration d'un soir Cartier
    F pour homme Salvatore Ferragamo
    Gomma Etro
    Halston 1 - 12 Halston
    Imperial Vetyver Yardley
    Panama 1924 Boellis
    Soulle Ámbar Floris
    Wellington Cologne George F. Trumper

Overcome By Fumes

I concur with those who would encourage you to do some fragrance shopping while in Europe. It is possible, of course, that if your family does not share your interest, they may not wish to be dragged into perfumeries but no place in the world, that I have yet been, has perfumeries like in some parts of Europe. So, if you must, send the others on some little adventure so you can pick up some goodies you may not be readily able to find in Bangkok or your usual haunts.

I'd suggest you bring one to tide you over until you are able to shop, perhaps Habit Rouge.

If shopping is absolutely not in your itinerary, then perhaps bring some Dzing! and Tabarome as well.

Enjoy!

Wit, take a couple of decants for sentimental value or the creation of.

Then buy MOAR in Paris/Italy/Switzerland.

Will you be transit via Dubai? Go Emirates Air and if you go business class, they give you a free night at a really fancy 5 star hotel of your choice.

for swap/sale:

Wit, take a couple of decants for sentimental value or the creation of.

Then buy MOAR in Paris/Italy/Switzerland.

Will you transit via Dubai? Go Emirates Air and if you go business class, they give you a free night at a really fancy 5 star hotel of your choice.

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Thanks fr all wonderful advise.

I generally don't bring perfumes with me when I travel to places that are popular for fragrance shopping such as many european cities. I tend to test new stuff locally so I usually go unscented...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I see you have 3 Comme des Garcons in your wardrobe -- you could do a "house" testing -- bring all 3 of your CdGs! You've got Kyoto for when you went close and calming; you've got Hinoki for when you want something bracing and envigorating; and you've got 8 88 for when you want . . . oddness. Just a thought.

Basenotes Junkie

Paris is ridiculsley overpriced for its scents.

When I was there last feburary, we was at a well known dept store and a generic bottle of old skool lacoste style in play was priced at about 80 euros, something which you can purchase straight over the counter at boots or a discount store for about £35 or £40 here in UK.

Blog Entries

Thanks, everyone.

My family decide to spend a whole afternood shopping at Galleries Lafayette Paris.

Which house should I try/buy there to make my Europe trip complete ?

Is Serge Lutens available there ? How much per bottle ?
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 29th January 2013 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    Thanks, everyone.

My family decide to spend a whole afternood shopping at Galleries Lafayette Paris.

Which house should I try/buy there to make my Europe trip complete ?

Is Serge Lutens available there ? How much per bottle ?
    Galeries Lafayette was probably the most dissapointing perfume shopping destination when I went to Paris - a madly busy department store with nothing out of the ordinary - I'd recommend going to the department store next door - Printemps, a much better niche selection.
    In general though, the hundreds of little boutiques scattered around the city and the Marais is where you want to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Galeries Lafayette was probably the most dissapointing perfume shopping destination when I went to Paris - a madly busy department store with nothing out of the ordinary - I'd recommend going to the department store next door - Printemps, a much better niche selection.
    In general though, the hundreds of little boutiques scattered around the city and the Marais is where you want to be.
    Thanks for the advices.

Lafayettes does have interesting brands. Niche brands are split between Lafayette and Printemps - but as forfreddie was saying, they're one next to each other, so you can check both.

And, as foreddie was also saying, there's no need to restrict perfume shopping at Lafayette. As you're walking in the town, you can quickly stop by some of the many stores - your family doesn't even have to follow you, they can continue taking pictures or the like while you duck into the store and reemerge with some goodies. Check the addresses on the Paris thread. For instance, Serge Lutens is in the Palais Royal, which is next to the Louvre, so you can make a detour while your family rests after the fatigue of visiting the museum. And rue Castiglione/Place Vendome has many stores as well, so you can visit Malle/Jovoy/JAR/Guerlain etc. while your family feeds on Angelina hot chocolate on rue Rivoli or sips a cocktail at the Ritz.

Export Serge Lutens is available widely in Paris, including some Sephora type of stores. But if you are in Paris, you want to get the exclusives.

cacio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Lafayettes does have interesting brands. Niche brands are split between Lafayette and Printemps - but as forfreddie was saying, they're one next to each other, so you can check both.

And, as foreddie was also saying, there's no need to restrict perfume shopping at Lafayette. As you're walking in the town, you can quickly stop by some of the many stores - your family doesn't even have to follow you, they can continue taking pictures or the like while you duck into the store and reemerge with some goodies. Check the addresses on the Paris thread. For instance, Serge Lutens is in the Palais Royal, which is next to the Louvre, so you can make a detour while your family rests after the fatigue of visiting the museum. And rue Castiglione/Place Vendome has many stores as well, so you can visit Malle/Jovoy/JAR/Guerlain etc. while your family feeds on Angelina hot chocolate on rue Rivoli or sips a cocktail at the Ritz.

Export Serge Lutens is available widely in Paris, including some Sephora type of stores. But if you are in Paris, you want to get the exclusives.

cacio
    Thanks, Cacio.

I think it is going to be really awesome trip (10 days in France, Italy, and Switzerland), I always wish to visit France.

- - - Updated - - -

I just convinced my family to go to Printemps instead.

They make been there before so they know Printemps is really better.

A few years ago, other family members had wonderful vacation in Europe including Paris, but they left me alone in the middle of our political uprising to take care of our house, so I am going to be angry if they do not let me go to wherever I want this time.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    This is good advice but it might mean walking around looking for these places. There are many little stores with names that aren't known and you can often find great fragrances for not a lot of money.

Don't bother shopping in Switzerland unless you plan on spending a lot of money. You can buy everything for much cheaper just across the border in France, Italy and Germany.