Code of Conduct

Default MDCI samples set -- 5 of the same?

Looking to be economical about my purchase of Invasion Barbare in the near future. I'm only looking for the scent and not presentation, so the bottle/bust doesn't matter to me. Their website (http://parfumsmdci.free.fr/index.php...=en&page&id=82) seems to suggest that upon ordering the sampler, one can choose which samples they want.

Has anyone had any experience ordering 5x IB (or multiples of anything else for that matter)? Will they allow it?

Thanks in advance,
    khulk

P.S. Any chance basenotes is planning to beef up their servers anytime soon?

Default Re: MDCI samples set -- 5 of the same?

No, you have to pick different scents. But he lets you have the sampler plus the fragrance you want for the same price and he throws an extra 10ml sample. Is way cheaper to buy it directly.

Yeah, you cannot do more than two before they ask for more money.

IMO it really shouldn't matter. If one is paying for the sampler set one should be able to choose the scents in the sampler.

I was under the impression that if you order the 5 pack sampler for 90 euros you would then be compensated that amount towards a full bottle. But the samples can't be the same. You can order more then once thought.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    IMO it really shouldn't matter. If one is paying for the sampler set one should be able to choose the scents in the sampler.
    Yes, but they would lose money if you could pick 5 of the same fragrance. Like I said before, Claude let's you get two of the same fragrance as many times as you want, but past that he asks for a little more money. I got two of IB, two of chypre palatin, and one of amber.

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

It's already a great deal...don't try and take advantage of it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    It's already a great deal...don't try and take advantage of it even more.
    Agreed

_greed.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Basenotes Junkie

I would very much recommend the five-sample pack. I went for one and I don't regret it for a second. I got all the "masculine" scents for myself (including Invasion Barbare which is just amazing) and two for my girlfriend.

I'm planning to buy Invasion Barbare based on the sample-pack, no doubt. It's just amazing. I might go for one for my girlfriend later on as well.

Also, their customer service is great. A small company with great products and epic customer support got my vote.

I am sorely tempted to get this set. But there are three masculines in the line. If I were to be honest and get five different scents I don't have a clue which from the ladies side to choose. It would be so much better to get 2 bottles of two of the masculines and one of the third. Seems wrong to get double samples though.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I am sorely tempted to get this set. But there are three masculines in the line. If I were to be honest and get five different scents I don't have a clue which from the ladies side to choose. It would be so much better to get 2 bottles of two of the masculines and one of the third. Seems wrong to get double samples though.
    I don't think you can get double of the scent. I'm pretty sure it says that. If I would to get this...it would be the three male fragrances and two female for my gf.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    I don't think you can get double of the scent. I'm pretty sure it says that. If I would to get this...it would be the three male fragrances and two female for my gf.
    Yes, you can. I just said this in my two other posts in here. Claude, the owner of the company emailed me personally saying I could do that.

Proof:

Me: Another question I have is what can be included in the set. I see on your website that it includes 5 fragrances in 12mL bottles, but I am a male, and as far as I can see there are only three male or unisex fragrances, Amber Topkapi, Chypre Palatin, and Invasion Barbare. I'm not sure what I could really try that is in the female line, and I don't really have many people to offer the female fragrances too (plus I wouldn't be getting as much for my money if I were to give them away). Just wondering what you would suggest I do in that situation.

Claude: You are absolutely right, and for cases like this, we do make "all- masculine" sets, with up to two multiple (two of one, two of the second , and one of a third fragrance). No price difference, only if we receive an order for three or more of one fragrance ( like 3 of one fragrance and two of another).The price is increase to € 100,00, but this "inverstment" is still redeemable in full with the purchase of a full-size product, (directly from us of course).

That's actually good to know then lol. I'm thinking about making an order from them and then grabbing IB. Thanks for sharing the info.

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    No, you have to pick different scents. But he lets you have the sampler plus the fragrance you want for the same price and he throws an extra 10ml sample. Is way cheaper to buy it directly.
    If I buy a sampler with 5 bottles and later a full bottle I will pay the full bottle price reduced 90euros, and receive another mini with the full bottle purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    If I buy a sampler with 5 bottles and later a full bottle I will pay the full bottle price reduced 90euros, and receive another mini with the full bottle purchase?
    No...If you buy a sampler with 5 bottles and later a full bottle you will pay the full bottle price reduced 90euros. You don't get more minis unless you order an other sampler pack. So basically you order the sampler pack...you pick the fragrance that you want and you will be refunded the 90euros from the price of the full bottle.

For those in the States, where is the best place to purchase? Can one purchase directly? If so what is the contact info? Thanks.

Is it less expensive to buy full bottles directly? Is that even possible? If so, what is the contact info? Thanks.

Is it less expensive to buy full bottles directly? Is that even possible? If so, what is the contact info? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    As far as I know, you can get it on Luckyscent, but it is the same price. The only place you can get the sample pack is through the site directly (just search parfums MDCI) and email them what you want and pay them via their paypal address. You get the 90 Euros back when you purchase a full bottle (in the form of a discount), so that is always the best way to go.

When I wrote to Claude he told me that I could get the 5 bittles sampler plus the full bottle and he was going to add a 6 mini of my choice . It is better to buy it from him. If you like Invasion Barbare you can get the bottle plus the sampler for the same price, then if you want you can sell your sampler and your full bottle is cheaper. That's what I did.

When I wrote to Claude he told me that I could get the 5 bittles sampler plus the full bottle and he was going to add a 6 mini of my choice . It is better to buy it from him. If you like Invasion Barbare you can get the bottle plus the sampler for the same price, then if you want you can sell your sampler and your full bottle is cheaper. That's what I did.