Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD: Sunday 27th January 2013

SotA - Apuldre by Molton Brown (from a sample)

Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Firstly, to Twolf - I wasn't on forum yesterday, just saw your most kind offer of samples, appreciate it very much. It's so very sweet of you... put a smile in my day. I have new address, and will pm it. Thanks.

Today I'm wearing the last of a sample of Arabian Oud Black Musk Essence oil.
    Perfumed Court called it rich, skanky and awesome. I'm here to tell you that description doesn't cover it.

It's thick, black and tarry. Words like raw, big and raunchy are often used to describe ones like this. But there's another reality behind this one. Its primal power reminds me of something very specific. I used to race sled dogs, and the myth about wolf cross dogs looking up to and needing an alpha leader is true. As the dog musher you have to be that for them, or you won't be able to get the type of respect which will make them willing to go the extra mile for you when you ask it of them. The Jack London stories and Robert Service poems are overstating it a bit (or a lot ), but that is a factor nonetheless.

Black Musk Essence is the type of fragrance that would elicit that respect from them - large, primal, powerful, exuding not just authority but that particular visceral authority that doesn't involve words, only smell. This is the smell of an alpha presence. Perhaps this has pheromones in it, but it isn't a sexual one per se, encompassing also primal authority. I didn't find it skanky, though I don't find cumin skanky either, so I might not be a good determiner of that.

I wish I'd had this when I was a teen-age girl trying to get my lead dog to see things my way, that he really needed to ford the overflow instead of balking. If I'd been wearing this fragrance, when I went up and grabbed his harness to lead him through, he would have just melted in submission.

Quarry - very happy anniversary to you!
    Last edited by flathorn; 27th January 2013 at 09:41 PM.

RHM, the Chihuly exhibit was so lovely! I watched a tv special about his work a couple of weeks ago, and I thought his work was so interesting. I wish they'd done the exhibit here in our botanical gardens, although it would have been too chilly, maybe, but would have made better sense for all of the aquatic looking things. There was one room with a huge installation done just for this exhibit that was breathtaking!

Quarry, Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Q.!! <3

heart of ice

I'm testing Oliver Durbano Heliotrope from a sample ... adore it! It went straight to the lust list ...

Notes: Elemi incense, oliban, ginger, red mandarin, angelica, red pepper, saffron, magnolia, nagarmotha, heliotrope, myrrh, cedar wood, sandalwood, musk, ambergris, benzoin

lilybelle, the art museum here in Wichita has two Chihuly works ... gorgeous! I like it too.

Happy anniversary mr and mrs Q!
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 27th January 2013 at 11:57 PM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel