Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I love stanky fragrance, can you help sugest a few for me to sample

Banned

Montales Aoud Cuir d Arabie is not stanky at all!!the oud there gives it some clean luxury, and if you go by the first impression you will be wrong!

it just hints to the clean horse leather smell but if you smell it long enough there is nothing animalic to it! its clean luxurious high end leather....like from some expencive leather jacket, do leather jackets smell stanky? also among notes there are no animalic notes....like in

Bal a Versailles vintage EDC....its completely stanky, but that as well until you get used to it .....it has a lot of civet note...so if you look for that type of scents look allways for those real animalic scents....

Onda is 5 times more stanky then Montale Cuir, but again this doesnt come from civet its kind of herbal origin,...smells just raw, and bitter...maybe there is civet note,it reminds of animalic but to my nose everything there is of herbal origin ...its nothing like Bal a Versailles..but i think this would satisfy your qeust!

or i got used to those smells so ....i remember the 1st one beeing the most dirty i have tried?

if you can smell weird scents without getting sick , eventually they will all smell very nice to you and it wont keep that 1st impression of beeing stanky....thats my experience!! especially with Montale! that one is gorgeous clean scent.

For me:

Alexander McQueen Kingdom, smells like a perfumed armpit
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I can vouch for Dior Leather Oud. It smells like bed sheets after a good lay.

Is Bal D Vers EDC the only version that has a stank effect ?

Basenotes Member

A grade front and back skank - Paco Rabanne La Nuit

Pungent sweat-like herb skank with a gorgeous vetiver drydown - YSL pour homme (pre-reformulation version)

I love it! WHo on earth says "I love stanky fragrances!?" haha

...theres a couple to stink up your collection!

---Grey Flannel
    ---animale animale

You can buy them for booger off anyone foolish enough to have bought either one before you!

Good Luck amigo!

Musk Gazelle by Ajmal.

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    Musk Gazelle by Ajmal.
    857338_a.jpg

Game, Set, Match. End of Story. The fat lady has done sung her song.

This one (talkin' about the Grade A II version) is the most pungent thing I've ever sniffed. I'm only able to tolerate but a micro spec of it and I generally like the skanky, edgy ones. The tola should last a few lifetimes. I'd be interested to see a show of hands from those that actually wear this.

Seriously, it screams primal.
    Last edited by DuNezDeBuzier; 3rd February 2013 at 04:35 PM.

I have 4 words for you: Francesco Smalto pour homme
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    857338_a.jpg

Game, Set, Match. End of Story. The fat lady has done sung her song.

This one (talkin' about the Grade A II version) is the most pungent thing I've ever sniffed. I'm only able to tolerate but a micro spec of it and I generally like the skanky, edgy ones. The tola should last a few lifetimes. I'd be interested to see a show of hands from those that actually wear this.

Seriously, it screams primal.
    I have it but only tested it once on my skin and clothes. I just smell it from the little container it comes in without opening the bottle and even touching it now. It smells like the fur of an animal. Too much like the real thing to wear and enjoy. I would like to wear this to the zoo and see if there is a reaction from the wild animals.

Yes, Absolu Pour Le Soir by Kurkdjian (What a Masterpiece!)

Dirty English from what I've tried. Also Nuit Noir by Mona Di Orio .

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    Montales Aoud Cuir d Arabie is not stanky at all!!the oud there gives it some clean luxury, and if you go by the first impression you will be wrong!

it just hints to the clean horse leather smell but if you smell it long enough there is nothing animalic to it! its clean luxurious high end leather....like from some expencive leather jacket, do leather jackets smell stanky? also among notes there are no animalic notes....like in

Bal a Versailles vintage EDC....its completely stanky, but that as well until you get used to it .....it has a lot of civet note...so if you look for that type of scents look allways for those real animalic scents....

Onda is 5 times more stanky then Montale Cuir, but again this doesnt come from civet its kind of herbal origin,...smells just raw, and bitter...maybe there is civet note,it reminds of animalic but to my nose everything there is of herbal origin ...its nothing like Bal a Versailles..but i think this would satisfy your qeust!

or i got used to those smells so ....i remember the 1st one beeing the most dirty i have tried?

if you can smell weird scents without getting sick , eventually they will all smell very nice to you and it wont keep that 1st impression of beeing stanky....thats my experience!! especially with Montale! that one is gorgeous clean scent.
    Is Bal a Versailles a womans frag or unisex? The notes of Ambergris, musk, and civet sound interesting. Can a man wear this or does it scream female due to floral notes?

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    Is Bal a Versailles a womans frag or unisex? The notes of Ambergris, musk, and civet sound interesting. Can a man wear this or does it scream female due to floral notes?
    I would have guessed Yatagan to be more unisex than Bal a V. It smells less like a perfume and more like an odor to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post

How about Dior's Leathers Oud, what's your take? I remeber when I first smelled; It was tenrrible! I held the blo..thing up to my nose and inmediately thought What the heck!! But the next day there was this beautiful, intriguing aroma coming from the piece of paper on the table; and there it was Leather Oud in all its decadent glory.
    To the OP, wear this in the summer...

lutens koublai khan

CologneFan85

Vulva

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    How about Dior's Leathers Oud, what's your take? wear this in the summer...
    Top Notch fragrance. IMO it shines during the dry down. You will need to get through the fur phase but once you do you are good for 24 hrs.

Even after a shower this baby clings to the skin. It really is a beauty.

My only complaint is it gets to be too much to wear as a signature fragrance. At least for me it does. I've been swapping between this and Knize 10. I find the petroleum smell in Knize 10 to be a nice break from the honey in LO. Just the same when I decide to go back to LO the honey is a nice welcome from the petro fumes I've been huffing.

Can a guy have 2 signatures ? Is that allowed ?

By the way LO really does work great in the summer. I had two encounters last summer when store employees came up to me out of nowhere asking what I was wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    I've never tried it, but most reviews say Secretions Magnifique is nasty.
    You beat me to it!

Secretions Magnifique if you want a right old pong!

From very stinky to less. Dior leather oud, mkk, cuir Arabia, oud 27, dzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki View Post
    Try Knize Ten Knize
    This is one of those fragrances or something similar to it that I had smelled a long time ago, didn't know what it was, didn't like it either. The first time I smelled it was in a sleazy strip club in San Diego about 1983. Seemed like it was so thick in the air you could cut it with a knife. I have associated that stanky leathery scent with that environment ever since.