Code of Conduct

Default D@G the One doesn't last but I love the scent. Anything close to it?

Hello

I love the smell of D@G The One but it does not last at all on me. I feel like after an hour you can't even smell it.

Is there any other scent that would have the same construction with a much greater longevity/silage?

Thanks a lot

CologneFan85

Default Re: D@G the One doesn't last but I love the scent. Anything close to it?

It last a LONG time on me. As for similar fragrances hmmmm not sure.

Default Re: D@G the One doesn't last but I love the scent. Anything close to it?

Maybe try Frapin 1270.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    Maybe try Frapin 1270.
    Definitely a better option IMO.

Penhaligon's Endymion isn't a perfect match, but I get a similar vibe from it as from The One, a little warmer, and less sharp. Of course, people's #1 complaint about Penhaligon's is that they don't last either -- -- but maybe it'd work on you.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Definitely a better option IMO.
    Same issues though, but maybe it will work better for him.

The One works excellent on my skin.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Kevhead5 View Post
    Hello

I love the smell of D@G The One but it does not last at all on me. I feel like after an hour you can't even smell it.

Is there any other scent that would have the same construction with a much greater longevity/silage?

Thanks a lot
    Remember, just because you can't smell the fragrance anymore doesn't mean others can't smell it. This happens to me with Aventus. After 2 hours I can't detect Aventus and think it's completely gone. Other people can still smell it.

If you want D&G to smell stronger you have two options. You can spray more on. I do this with fragrances I love. Instead of 1 spray to each side of the neck, I spray twice on each side of the neck, plus an extra spray at the front of the neck.

Another option is to buy an atomizer, fill it up with D&G, and carry the atomizer with you. You can then respray whenever you want. I liked to do this with Acqua Di Gio after work when I was going out to get a blast of the top notes.

Some people also claim that using a lotion before spraying improves longevity. The theory is the oil stops the body from absorbing the fragrance and it lasts longer. I can't say this has worked for me. I would rather respray.

Hello

Thanks a lot
    I would make a minimal investment in decanting supplies and reapply.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello

Thanks a lot
    I would make a minimal investment in decanting supplies and reapply.

Frapin 1270 is a good alternative, but it also suffers from projection and longevity issues. You might want to buy some atomizers and decant The One into them so when you feel it's fading, you can just re-apply.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Basenotes Member

D&G The One lasts a long time on my skin but it just doesn't project at all. I doubt reapplying this fragrance will really help in projection. Such a shame because this one's a beauty.

Ed Hardy Villain is similar, but not quite the same.

Just get it and keep on applying it. I usually stash in my office 4 ml atomizers for reapplication.