Code of Conduct

Talking Bogart Pour Homme

Who knows any Men fragrance which will overbeat Bogart Pour Homme(2004) by projection and longevity
    Last edited by Hovo; 28th January 2013 at 01:52 AM.

Default Re: Bogart Pour Homme

Joop Homme

Sound Scents

I haven't come across one yet...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Blog Entries

Animale Animale for Men by Animal Parfums
    Number 3 / Le 3me Homme / The Third Man by Caron

I dont think so,Joop homme cannot overbeat Bogart Pour Homme,simply because it is considered as too feminine,but question was "Who knows any Men fragrance" The Joop Homme have qualities which is associated with women
    Last edited by Hovo; 29th January 2013 at 05:08 AM.

For me, Attar by Montale

Quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For me, Attar by Montale
    Attar by Montale cannot beat Bogart Pour Homme,because its a Unisex fragrance,but question was "Who knows any Men fragrance"

Costume National Homme

One man show gold edition

Annick Goutal Sables

some say Furyo by Bogart ?
    I have only a small mini & no expereience with Furyo , but BPH is amongst the strongest ever made .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    some say Furyo by Bogart ?
    I have only a small mini & no expereience with Furyo , but BPH is amongst the strongest ever made .
    I agree with you BPH is amongst the strongest ever made

Lapidus, Kouros, One Man Show (both editions) & Enrico Sebastiano for starters.

Are we talking about "Bogart" aka "Signature" from 1975? If so, I have to say it's a wonderful fragrance but it's by far not the strongest fragrance - not even close. Neither in vintage nor in reformulated form.

we are talking about strongest Bogart Pour Homme 2004

Dependent

Furyo and Black Afgano are the most potent frags I've come across so far.

1/2 spray of Furyo is about like 7-8 sprays of an average EdT . . . so it's 15x more potent.

BpH is waaaaay too sweet and syrupy for me but I do remember it being very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovo View Post
    I dont think so,Joop homme and The Third Man by Caron cannot overbeat Bogart Pour Homme,simply because they are considered as too feminine,but question was "Who knows any Men fragrance" The Joop Homme and The Third Man by Caron have qualities which associated with women
    What are you talking about 'qualities associated with women'?! Bogart is not very manly. What other kind of crazy qualifiers did you forget to mention in you question?

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    What are you talking about 'qualities associated with women'?! Bogart is not very manly. What other kind of crazy qualifiers did you forget to mention in you question?

" No, that one would be useless to wear for a drive by shooting"

VanCleef & Arpels pour homme
    Sung Homme
    Grey Flannel
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Not sure about Third Man, but Joop is very sweet, which is not normally associated with a masculine frag. I think that's what the OP is driving at.
    And saying "Bogart is not very manly." Really, dude? Since when is a cherry pipe tobacco scent *not* manly?
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Bogart pour Homme longevity and sillage didn't impress me at all... just ok in my book.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Not sure about Third Man, but Joop is very sweet, which is not normally associated with a masculine frag. I think that's what the OP is driving at.
    And saying "Bogart is not very manly." Really, dude? Since when is a cherry pipe tobacco scent *not* manly?
    All im saying is that people are giving answers and this guy is disqualifying them for really bizarre reasons. He should have been way more specific. "Please read my mind and only list frags that I have not arbitrarily associated with having feminine qualities."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hovo View Post
    I dont think so,Joop homme and The Third Man by Caron cannot overbeat Bogart Pour Homme,simply because they are considered as too feminine,but question was "Who knows any Men fragrance" The Joop Homme and The Third Man by Caron have qualities which associated with women
    "Gender association" is a matter of perception. To me, The Third Man is a strong masculine scent that beats Bogart Pour Homme in both longevity and projection. All I need is half a spray of it, and it fills the entire room.

Another frag that beats Bogart Pour Homme (on my skin) is A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler.

Good luck, and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Black Aoud and I don't care if you say it's unisex.

Basenotes Plus

Bogart Pour Homme (2004) is an incredible modern powerhouse that was created by Maurice Roucel.

It is a wonderful and rich composition that focuses on Tonka Bean, Cherry Pipe Tobacco, Patchouli and Lavender. There is a nice splash of bergamot on top, some florals in the heart, cedar, a nice clean white musk with a dollop of moss...but all of this is under the atomic use of Tonka Bean and the wonderful cherry pipe tobacco, which are center stage.

Funny, but as strong at it is (and I know I will hear it from those who disagree), but this is a balanced and very well-made fragrance that, while turned up loud, is actually very balanced and the dry down is wonderful (a bit linear, but very rich and impressive). Not too sweet for me. So, strength is relevant sometimes to 'how' notes present themselves and how blended compositions are. Personally, I think this is a wonderful scent and an incredible value.

And, for the record, Vintage Furyo, may be strong (very strong, actually) - but only for the first 60-90 minutes or so. Afterwards, it calms down and is a fantastic skin scent. So, out of the gate, both scents can be intimidating. Just spray them on earlier in your morning routine or before you head out so you are already into the base notes and the scents are warming to your skin.

I think both are wonderful, masculine expressions that stand apart from typical 'powerhouse' scents in the notes that are 'turned up'...fantastic, really.

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

thanks for everyone

I find Yatgan very intense and very long lasting.....even the after shave !!! Also the discontinued Gucci Pour Homme.
    Not to mention Xeryus Rouge. Very over the top. They are all for me pretty unwearable for that reason.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Not sure if can beat BpH but I consider Pour Lui by Oscar De La Renta very powerful.

I just wonder if the bottle of Bogart pour Homme I got was not a fake because the only thing I remember was a strong, very bad synthetic vanilla note from the begining to the end...
    As far as projection and longevity, I find YSL Opium pour homme Eau de Parfum to be a bomb ...

Lapidus will knock your socks off and anyone else's in your vicinity. I wouldn't DARE wear it out of the house.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

Vintage Aramis will leave a memory you won't soon forget. 8 sprays and you could clear out your house and the neighbors next door.

Vintage Jovan Musk for Men - will drive the mice right out of your house.

Creed Bois du Portugal - four or five sprays and you'll be "cologne guy" for a long time afterward.

Lapidus Pour Homme

Already mentioned, but I can smell OMS Gold on my skin rather strongly after 24+hours, A*Men sticks around for about the same time for me, Lapidus also hangs around for some time and Bijan for Men, can't say it hangs around for 24 hours, but you have to be careful on the trigger with this one or you will clear a large radius around you. Forgot about Bogart Arabian Nights, this is like OMS Gold on steroids on me, I have yet to see a point where it wears off, I just shower and hope it gets toned down enough for another fragrance.
    Last edited by MuskOx; 30th January 2013 at 02:41 AM.

Quorum anyone?

Basenotes Plus

Ted Lapidus Pour Homme and Montale Patchouli Leaves last longest on me. Bogart is strong though.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

I am glad that I am not alone with questioning the sillage and longevity of BPH. Mind you I've only sprayed it on my wrist a few times and all I get is a cardboard smell with a little cherry vanilla tobacco. I like what I smell but it is extremely faint. At this point I have to say that Pure Havane is a way better choice between the two minus the cacao note in PH which dumbs it down for the under 30 crowd.

My bottle was purchased at drugstore.com which is owned by Walgreens. I purchased another bottle from Fragrance.net which is on the way to me now. Before I pass my final judgement I will test that bottle. My Ted Lapidus from drugstore.com didn't smell that great either.

There are however quite a few reviews from buyers not getting good sillage and longevity from BPH. I am with the above poster who swears that it just vanishes. No nose diseases on this side of town either LOL

Maybe the fragrance being sold now is a batch reformulation or it is made in a different factory.

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    Ted Lapidus Pour Homme and Montale Patchouli Leaves last longest on me. Bogart is strong though.
    I agree entirely with the Montale Patchouli Leaves observation. It can stay with me for 24 - 36 hours.

I've either owned or sampled alot of "powerhouse" frags, but recently got some Bijan for Men from another BNer,
    This one wins the projection/longevity contest. It's unreal. Too bad the scent is crappy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Quorum anyone?
    Nope. Much as I like it, there are quite a number of frags with better longevity and projection.. But the current formulation *is* better (scent AND longevity) than the previous one.

I happen to enjoy Bogart Pour Homme a lot.
    A great cheapie.
    I get a solid 10-12 hours longevity from mine (I own 2 backup bottles, just in case.......... I paid $22 a piece)

frags that I have used that may overpower BPH:

Montale Black Aoud
    Montale Dark Aoud
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Dior Homme Intense
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    YSL Kouros
    YSL Opium
    Mugler A*Men
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

I own the very good Bogart Pour Homme but it is overpowered in longevity (out of what I own) by Lapidus (by far!), A-men (vintage), Hertitage edp (vintage), Van Cleef & Arpels pour homme, Opium edp and Kouros (vintage). All are 12+ easily while Bogart is on me like 10 hrs.
    Quorum is extremely strong but only for 2 hrs and longevity is 8 hrs on me.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    I own the very good Bogart Pour Homme but it is overpowered in longevity (out of what I own) by Lapidus (by far!),
    I am glad that this came up because a few reviewers say Lapidus is decent but not the BEAST everyone claims it to be. I guess when you size it up against a Macy's or Sephoras fragrance then it makes sense.

Why do I always find these threads AFTER I make my purchase !