Code of Conduct

Default Top long lasting fragrances

What do some of you feel are the top long lasting fragrances out there?? As you all know, I'm somewhat new to all this, and I'm trying out some samples of different fragrances....green, powdery, fresh/clean, but I still haven't come across one that has staying power! I would like one that lingers through the day. I can't wear any that are too strong since I'm a nurse. Any ideas????

Default Re: Top long lasting fragrances

Caron Pois de Senteur lasts 24+ hours on me, which no other does on my rather dry skin.

Any Montales!

Caron Pois de Senteur lasts 24+ hours on me, which no other does on my rather dry skin.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

My longest-lasting scents are all heavy hitters, so not sure whether they'd be suitable for you as work scents:

Angel
    Dior Addict
    Shalimar Parfum Initial
    Chopard Casmir
    Givenchy Hot Couture
    Dior Hypnotic Poison
    Robert Piguet Visa

I get a good 12+ hours out of them all, no mean feat on my dry skin.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Clinique Aromatics Elixir
    Estee Lauder Youth Dew
    Molinard Habanita
    Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris
    Any Ormonde Jayne
    Prada Candy

All have great lasting power, but they need to be sprayed in moderation!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Clinique Aromatics Elixir
    Estee Lauder Youth Dew
    Molinard Habanita
    Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris
    Any Ormonde Jayne
    Prada Candy

All have great lasting power, but they need to be sprayed in moderation!
    Last edited by ojaddicte; 29th January 2013 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Sorry for the double post!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Top long lasting fragrances

I second all the fragrances that have been mentioned, but for something less on the oriental side and more on the fresh green/floral side suitable for work try Estee Lauder's Aliage, Estee or Private Collection. Jean Louis Scherrer is a good green chypre. Quelque Fleurs and Cabotine are tart green florals. Most of these are polarizing fragrances, and although they're not heavy orientals they still have a noticeable sillage so tread carefully.
    Last edited by grasslands; 4th February 2013 at 10:10 AM.

This is definitely not fresh or green, but one of the longest lasting fragrances that my wife and I own is Black Orchid by Tom Ford. Along the same line, Angel by Thierry Mugler is a monster.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The sadly discontinued Oblique RWD by Givenchy
    has unbelievable sillage with longevity to match.
    But that would be too much for a nurse anyway.
    N°5 Eau Première could be what you're looking for.
    Another longlasting frag is Dolce Vita. A small spray
    would be delightfull on a nurse.

Post Thanks / Like

Soir de Paris (or Evening in Paris, if you will) is powdery and long-lasting. It is sort of an old fashioned frag, but that's part of it's appeal for me.

On my skin:

Fracas
    Carnal Flower
    Coco Mademoiselle
    Alien

Post Thanks / Like

Moonbeam,
    Looking for a "Spritz & Go" spray that lasts all day, puts you at risk of overwhelming patients during the first half of your shift. Stick with your clean and fresh scent that wears off quickly, but just reapply at lunch on on break. If you're looking for something new, take a look at Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria line. They make several safe, light and fresh EDTs in a variety of florals, greens and fruits. They may not be complex or long-lasting, but none are aggressive, and unlikely to offend anyone.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. You know, for years I have used bath powders--Cashmere Bouquet and Shower to Shower--and have always liked the scent of those. I know they are not the "elite" of powders, but I do like whatever they have in them. I know the Shower to Shower is rose, sandalwood, and chamomile. Don't know what is in the floral of Cashmere bouquet. If there were any perfumes out there with that scent that would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

All the Estee Lauder perfumes are long lasting. You might try Knowing, it's my favorite and has a lovely rose scent to it. Very complex formula, I love it.

Tom Ford's Black Orchid seems to last forever on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mitsouko and L'heure Bleue are long lasting for me and haven't been mentioned. Can't let Guerlain go unrepresented!
    The Collectors Sale is coming soon to the Basenotes Marketplace!
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Estee Lauder, they tend to have big staying power. Knowing is a wonderful sultry rose. I have not smelled the bath powders you mention, but I suspect that they are a little lighter than that, in which case the corresponding scent could be White Linen, which is a smooth, clean soapy-musky rose.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Shalimar edc vnt
    TF black orchid og tobacco vanille
    SL daim Blond

These have extreme lasting power on my skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitsouko is banned from most hospital settings. Or should be. LOL Southerngardens, I know how you admire some of those large and in charge scents.

Fresher greener notes, by default, tend to have a limited half-life compared to rich, spicy, resinous and woody accords. Some longevity monsters I've encountered are Tom Ford's Tabacco Vanille, Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule and the likes. Saying that, Nautica Voyage does seem to go on for hours... I don't know if that might be a bit to aquatic or masculine for you though...

- - - Updated - - -

Fresher greener notes, by default, tend to have a limited half-life compared to rich, spicy, resinous and woody accords. Some longevity monsters I've encountered are Tom Ford's Tabacco Vanille, Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule and the likes. Saying that, Nautica Voyage does seem to go on for hours... I don't know if that might be a bit to aquatic or masculine for you though...

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have in wardrobe: Knize Ten, Chanel Antaeus and Drakkar Noir, all of them outlast a day of longevity and tend to even linger on a bit in the fabrics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post
    Moonbeam,
    Looking for a "Spritz & Go" spray that lasts all day, puts you at risk of overwhelming patients during the first half of your shift. Stick with your clean and fresh scent that wears off quickly, but just reapply at lunch on on break. If you're looking for something new, take a look at Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria line. They make several safe, light and fresh EDTs in a variety of florals, greens and fruits. They may not be complex or long-lasting, but none are aggressive, and unlikely to offend anyone.
    This is how I play it. I'm an ultrasound tech, so in very close proximity to patients, too. Anything that lasts all day would be far too strong, to my nose. Sycomore is my everyday scent and lasts pretty well for something so fresh, though I usually do refresh after lunch. I also occasionally wear Guerlain SDV, when I want something warmer, but I dab it on very sparingly from a sample vial (don't yet own a full bottle)....the vanilla seems to be comforting to people, in my experience, without being intrusive.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that great that the right scent combined with a light touch can be something that comforts and distracts our patients from some of the less pleasant odors and experiences in the hospital?

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that great that the right scent combined with a light touch can be something that comforts and distracts our patients from some of the less pleasant odors and experiences in the hospital?
    Indeed!
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

1. Thierry Mugler's all stick 8 plus hours
    2. Jean Paul Gaultier's "Le Male" cuts through winter air like a knife but is not over powering
    3. Tom ford tobacco vanille this fragrance is like a stalker. It gets in your clothes, it gets in your sheets, it gets on your kids. its like the black spider man scene when he is trying to rip the suite off.

Post Thanks / Like

Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen 10 hours later I can still clearly smell it.
    DONNA

Estee Lauders, older Balenciagas, Piguets, Opium and its flankers, Poisons, older Avons (house has especially good chypres, most of which are discontinued but can be had for a song on Ebay).

Stay away from modern Chanels; I find that even the exclusives of the line have poor lasting power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mitsouko is banned from most hospital settings. Or should be. LOL Southerngardens, I know how you admire some of those large and in charge scents.
    That's terrible! Almost like perfume abuse Schilling! I do love those powerhouse frags because my skin is dry and eats up lighter frags and EDT"S!

And I agree with your later post that it's shameful to deny patients something lovely to smell other than those hospital smells. I could volunteer to be an ambassador of scents in my local hospital like dog therapy.
    Last edited by southerngardens; 10th February 2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Being in your profession for almost 30 yrs. Many of them caring for those undergoing chemo or biological treatments which alter the sense of smell. The scents which have attracted positive comments the most have been Estée Lauder Pleasures, JLo Glow, Dior Dune and Chanelle Crystalle. Yes I reapplied at lunch but these lighter touch scents went down well

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Double post- I forgot about the vintage Balenciaga's. Just pick anyone! They truly IMO never made a bad fragrance.

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

...many Montale are beyond being just long-lasting, are more sort of exasperating. Carnal Flower, Portrait Of A Lady, several Amouage, several Lutens, Vero Profumo's extraits, Histoires De parfums 1740, several Tauer....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

Dark Aoud Montale, Black Afgano Nasomatto.

Patchouly by Profumum Roma

I applied a small drab to each wrist; I could smell it in my couch for at least a week after that application.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

burberry brit red.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 Portrait of a Lady, and a new surprise longevity star has emerged in Supercilium by O'driu. Both of these two last 24 hours+ on me.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Two I find very long lasting are Hermes 24 Faubourg and Van Cleef & Arpels First.