Code of Conduct

Question Seeking reviews of Montale Kabul Aoud. Have you smelled this one?

There is not debate in my mind that this exists retgardless of what may have been said. I found it at Zahras. Based on the listed notes alone, I am tempted to buy this blind, but before I do I am hoping that some of you that live in the Middle East or have traveled there have sampled this. Please, can you give a review? Thanks in advance.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Searching for a split or travel sprayer of Frederic Malle Une Rose!

Default Re: Seeking reviews of Montale Kabul Aoud. Have you smelled this one?

Also sold at the Paris Gallery in Dubai - http://parisgallery.com/product.php?item=106313734

hedonist222 a fellow Basenoter I believe has tried this. It was mentioned a while back in another thread. Perhaps he can shed a bit more light on this.

Yes exists.
    Do a search for my thoughts on it. Can't remember now.

for swap/sale:

Yes exists.

for swap/sale:

hedonist mentioned a long time ago in one of the threads that this reminded him of Opus III or V but very very synthetic.

I just saw the post again.....somewhere. =)
    Last edited by volley2; 27th April 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Yes exists.
    Hmmm, I have done an advanced search and can't find a thing expect a mention that it is fake, which I don't believe is true. That's why I ask... maybe you could, if you are so inclined, share a thought or two?
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

It exist....available at Paris Gallery Dubai Exclusive only

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Hmmm, I have done an advanced search and can't find a thing expect a mention that it is fake, which I don't believe is true. That's why I ask... maybe you could, if you are so inclined, share a thought or two?
    This is what I said:

Its incense ,aoud and a hint of iris.

Kabul Aoud is a a really nice perfume. Plenty of incense mixed with appropriate amounts of oud, non-white florals and not rose either. Perhaps Iris and light woods (says cedar on the launch article).

for swap/sale:

This is what got me excited about this one.

"A day and night perfume, KABUL AOUD is produced combining the essential oils from Cedar, Guaiacwood, Aoud."

Sounds like a good mix with the Guaiacwood.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Let us know of your impressions if you decide to purchase it.

If you pick some up Akahina, I'll buy a sample off of you. I love me some guaiacwood and this sounds interesting.

Just waiting for my bottle. Will try to update you once I get it.
    Last edited by volley2; 27th April 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Just waiting for my bottle. Will try to update you once I get it.
    I will look forward to your review. I am frankly surprised that there are no reviews of this ANYWHERE! It sounds so interesting.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The opening is like honeyed, woody, balmy, with the oud in the background. Strength wise, it's not as strong as Black Aoud. Montale is known for their repetitive rose+oud combo. Luckily, KA is not one of them which is good. This is more like in the same family of Dark Aoud, I'm not saying they smell the same, I meant in the woody-oud combo.

In the middle, when everything settles down, it becomes a soft, honeyed (I think it's coming from the Guaiac wood), and the oud comes out more. Very appealing and addicting. Light but still with presence. Good stuff! Definitely wearable during summer.

Edit: What I love about this scent is that the way they used the oud. It is present in the opening but only in the background. As it develops to the middle and basenotes, it gets stronger. So you get to enjoy oud in a longer period of time.
    Last edited by volley2; 16th May 2012 at 04:48 PM.

I think this is the first review of any sort I have read about this one. Thank you!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Previously the Montale boutique in Paris, said it was a "fake" but after the whole Montale fiasco and the boutique closed we all know the Paris location was fake lol. Kabul Aoud is more along the lines of Dark Aoud as others have said , Dark Aoud has that coffee and oud note, in Kabul Aoud, at least on my skin, that coffee/oud note is the prominent note and stays on for a long time. There is also a slight powdery feel to it. Like all Montales, it is synthetic, but who cares , its smells great!

Only Paris gallery and Gazzaz sell it.

Did this ever get cleared up? Montale are claiming on their Facebook page that Kabul Aoud is 100% fake and they are in the process of a lawsuit regarding it.

never tried this one.

Have had it for quite a while now and love it. Myrrh, cedar and thyme as top notes followed by labdanum, patchouli, melilot and coffee as mid notes, ending up with guaiac wood as the bottom note. Not so much oud if any.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I just saw this recently if anyone wants to sample...

http://surrendertochance.com/montale-kabul-aoud/

This one has a very "funky" drydown. Warning : Stay way.

(I'm trying not to use any "funky" descriptions here)
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    This one has a very "funky" drydown. Warning : Stay way.

(I'm trying not to use any "funky" descriptions here)
    Just curious as to what you found "funky" in the dry down. Was it the guaiac? I ask because I don't get anything off putting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

The whole composition just falls apart in the drydown into something that smells like ****.
    No it's not the Guaiac note alone, it's all the notes just falling suddenly into one big messy accident. The coffee note is the biggest suspect to blame for the accident imo!
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 10th May 2014 at 06:58 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I've had Kabul Aoud on my list of hard to find scents that I wanted to sample. So when surrendertochance said they had it available, I ordered a decant. This is the first day I've worn it, and so far I'm very pleased. The opening notes were a little sharp - primarily coffee and aoud. But after about 30 minutes, it settled down to an enjoyable mix of spices and wood with the aoud and coffee notes way in the background.