Code of Conduct

Default Pierre Cardin side by side?

I recently purchased the Five Star version of Pierre Cardin EDC (made in USA). I hadn't used PC in decades so I took a chance and bought it from a discount store. Suffice it to say, I'm enjoying it very much.

I'm now considering a vintage version from France. I've done my hw here on BN but the opinions on the various versions are all over the place (no surprise). I'm wondering if anyone has done a *direct* side by side comparison between the Five Star EDC and the French Pour Monsieur EDT. I'm most interested in hearing about differences in longevity and of course the actual scent.

Default Re: Pierre Cardin side by side?

Ok, maybe a direct comparison was asking too much. How about this - is the French version of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur different enough from the Five Star EDC to warrant a buy?

Quote Originally Posted by bbfan View Post
    Ok, maybe a direct comparison was asking too much. How about this - is the French version of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur different enough from the Five Star EDC to warrant a buy?
    I have the French version and it's a wonderful scent IMO. I'd call it a classic. However, I'm sure that over the years it has gone through many changes as it changed hands. If the price is reasonable, worth it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have the French version and it's a wonderful scent IMO. I'd call it a classic. However, I'm sure that over the years it has gone through many changes as it changed hands. If the price is reasonable, worth it.
    I agree - it's a *great* scent. I just wish the newer one had more longevity.

I've seen French versions with the "suggestive" bottle as well as another bottle with a long, brown cap which is about as long as the bottle itself. Do you recall which one you have?