Code of Conduct

Default Dior homme vintage vs reformulated?

Hey bners! What's the difference between the vintage dh and the reformulated? (I'm talking about dior homme and not dior homme intense by the way).

Default Re: Dior homme vintage vs reformulated?

Apparently, there are two reformulations, the first being very slightly different. Coincidentally, I just bought a bottle of that first reformulation today...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

The sillage and longevity are both better in vintage DH.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    The sillage and longevity are both better in vintage DH.
    Is there any difference in the smell?

Another reformulation? Hope it smells the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Another reformulation? Hope it smells the same.
    I'm talking about the actual formulation vs the vintage one, not another reformulation.

OK. You had me going for a min. Thanks for summing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didier View Post
    I'm talking about the actual formulation vs the vintage one, not another reformulation.

They both smell the same to me.

They are very similar, the vintage is a tad stronger but the drydowns are nearly identical. Longevity is about the same for both but the vintage has slightly better projection.

The difference is negligible for me
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

To me they are quite similar, but with a slightly different balance in each one.

The reformulated Dior Homme has been nudged in the direction of Dior Homme Intense. It is just a bit sweeter and more gourmand-like, with the iris being less pronounced, than the original. It is a small shift in emphasis, and some people don't notice it, but it is there.

I feel that the reformulations of both Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense have been moved slightly away from the iris and more towards gourmand territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Didier View Post
    Is there any difference in the smell?
    Not really to my nose as far as i remember. The difference i sensed, was the vintage being "fuller", rounder and stronger, and the new formulation being sharper and thinner. Plus that vintage lasted much longer on my skin. So the overall feel of the vintage was better to my nose.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Here's an old thread discussing the 1st reformulation:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/272...me-has-changed

There are both good, and to a person who doesn't know of the reformulations they would not be able to deal the differences.

I do own an love DH (vintage, 2010).

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    To me they are quite similar, but with a slightly different balance in each one.

The reformulated Dior Homme has been nudged in the direction of Dior Homme Intense. It is just a bit sweeter and more gourmand-like, with the iris being less pronounced, than the original. It is a small shift in emphasis, and some people don't notice it, but it is there.

I feel that the reformulations of both Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense have been moved slightly away from the iris and more towards gourmand territory.
    This has been my experience, after testing and comparing all three formulations of Dior Homme (vintage, first reformulation, and the current formulation). The vintage has slightly more iris and is lighter in the base notes, while the current formulation is a bit sturdier and more robust, with slightly toned down iris. That middle formulation is the only one that disappointed me -- it was a bit weak and watered-down. Bottom line: the current formulation (summer 2011 and later, silver collar and black stem) is very good and easily worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

This is my belief as well. The two are very, very similar. If I wasn't a big fan, I probably wouldn't have noticed any difference. No need to pay the high prices to track down a vintage.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver