Code of Conduct

Default Adventure Quasar: A Cool, Peculiar Fragrance

When I saw this bottle online:

adventure quasar.jpg

I thought to myself, "Jesus Del Pozo! That's one weird looking bottle. I should buy that." But I would never just buy something because it has a strange bottle, so I read some reviews about it--and then bought it.

Online it looks like something that would host the Space Olympics (space luge is totally cancelled, btw) or a futuristic housing tenement in the once former now reunited Soviet Union (we can all dream, can't we?).

Up close, it looks like a gear from a Construx set or a little hand grenade that a child assembled from a Construx set which contains dangerous liquid.

http://construxion.tripod.com

The bottle's awesome. It totally looks like a cog, or sprocket, and you can roll it around on the table and it makes this satisfying clunky sputtering sound due to its cog-like ridges. It feels very hefty and durable.

As for the smell, it's like a mix of Cool Water and Hugh Parsons Blue, but it's smoother and lighter than both. I'd say it has the soapy, aquatic quality of Cool Water and the warm, spicy/herbal fruitiness of Hugh Parsons. But on top of that, it has a gin and tonic accord that really stands out and makes the fragrance fizzy and bright. There's also some light florals in this, and a fairly strong geranium note. I'm not sure about the base, because I don't think I'm there yet. Overall it smells clean, very smooth, and a little peculiar. I really like it.

Sorry for the rambling review, I just got this in about an hour ago, but was kind of excited to talk about it.

I don't know where you would ever run into this one, but if you do, you should definitely sample it.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 29th January 2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Paris*L.A. is an excellent new gourmand from A Lab On Fire. If you're looking for a fun, new fragrance for this winter, check it out!

Default Re: Adventure Quasar: A Cool, Peculiar Fragrance

I was always curious about this one. Let us know how the longevity and drydown goes.

Keep us informed about that drydown. Enjoy bro!

IMO the best thing about this is the bottle design.

Quote Originally Posted by Odorloader View Post
    I was always curious about this one. Let us know how the longevity and drydown goes.

I will. I'll be wearing it this week and I'll update this thread afterwards. So far I like it, but need to wear it a few more times before I can really assess it.
    Paris*L.A. is an excellent new gourmand from A Lab On Fire. If you're looking for a fun, new fragrance for this winter, check it out!

I like it too. A non-generic fresh, casual, sporty fragrance.

Captain's Log: 1-29-13, 11:30

Update: Wearing it today at work. Smells very nice early in the morning, but I have doubts about its longevity. 5 hours after application and I can not smell it. Only put two sprays on the neck though.

More later.

Captain's Log:

Today's February 15, 2013: This is an update post!

Oddly enough, Adventure Quasar's become my go-to work-scent. I love this stuff. It's light, easy going, but never boring. I wore Aventus yesterday and regretted it from the moment I stepped in the car. Adventure Quasar today and everything was A-Okay.

This little weirdo's alright...

And if somebody asks, "What are you wearing?" and you tell them, "Adventure Quasar," how futuristically cool does that sound? They won't know what the heck you're talking about!

Now it's time to seek out Adventure's progenitor, and get the scoop on the original Quasar.

Oh, and for the Bro who Bro-ed me earlier (What's up Bro!), the drydown is a light, clean soapy smell. At least that's what I get. It's good.

Longevity is decent. 5 hours.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 16th February 2013 at 04:16 AM.