Having just suffered (sic) my birthday and feeling that the numbers make me really old, I started thinking about buying a new fragrance or two...which I did indeed purchease. I am told that you are only as old as you feel and this is true...to a point. Eventually you will need a walker! Reality sets in. The is no way in hell that I can make a dent in my collection unless I live to be well over 200 years old. (Note to new collectors: Bigger bottles are a much better deal if you use just a few scents. But if you can't ever use them do yourself a favor and spend more per ml and get smaller bottles.)
On the other hand I simply hate decants unless getting a decant is a prelude to getting a full bottle.
Second rant: A 1.7oz bottle is such a rip off that I almost always buy a 3.3oz. I think that every single house should make 5, 7, or 10ml bottles...with sprayers. Not doing so is a waste.
Sorry about my rant. But ask yourself, how long will your collection last at the rate you use, and what will gour next 5 bottles be? ;-) And where did I leave my walker...
Most worn scents according to my haphazard use of the SOTD...so perhaps my favorites...
1. Epic Man by Amouage (21 wears)
2. M7 by Eves Saint Laurent (18 wears)
3. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (18 wears)
4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (14 wears)
5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (12 wears)
6. Fate Man by Amouage (11 wears)
7. Terre d'Hermes by Hermes (11 wears plus - often not recorded go to scent)
8. Interlude Man by Amouage (11 wears)
9. Journey Man by Amouage (11 wears)
10. Plum Japonais by Tom Ford, Bullion by Byredo, Piper Nigrum by a Lorenzo Villorosi, Pulp by Byredo, Santal Royal by Guerlain (9 wears)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
I'll die first. And I'm relatively young. It's an extremely sobering (morbid?) thought to look at those bottles on your shelves and realize they have more juice in them than you do. So enjoy every drop while you're here!
But, since I have no plans to stop collecting any time soon, I'll tell you the next five bottles I would like to get are:
Givenchy Play Sport
My wardrobe is up to date as of 5/22/16.