Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Tuesday 29th January 2013

Morning fragrant ones!

Im waiting for the postie before applying my SOTD ;-)

It will be: Chanel - No.5 EDP

Have a good Tuesday!

Default Re: SOTD: Tuesday 29th January 2013

Good morning!
    ..Ungaro Diva EDP, vintage

Good Morning,

Uncle Serge's Cuir Mauresque.

I owe a couple of people PMs; so far my attempts have been thwarted by the gremlins in the BN system. My apologies.

Have a lovely Tuesday.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

TF Tobacco Vanille

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Im waiting for the postie before applying my SOTD
    I'm waiting for the website so I can post mine

Trumpers Sandalwood.

Les Parfums de Rosine Rose Praline.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Yeah, gremlins begone!

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Trumpers Sandalwood.[/IMG]
    Hmmm, Jon, have you ever thought that Trumpers isn't the best name for a vendor of fragranced products?

Moss Breches today, from a very generous basenoter.
    Last edited by Foustie; 29th January 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Moss Breches today, from a very generous basenoter.
    Lucky you. I'm wearing some too. All because of MJM's thread.

Jicky Extrait.

Basenotes Plus

Rochas Femme for me today.

Best to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good afternoon. Is Basenotes dying? The problems from the previous server seem to recurred.

Anyway whilst it's working SotD is SL Fleurs d'Oranger perfect floral filth

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Jicky Extrait.
    L, last night I wore Jicky extrait to dinner & the hostess seating us complimented me on my scent. I was shocked, I've never received a compliment wearing this one. I would love to smell Jicky on someone else, but of course I never do. It made me think of you.

Today, I haven't decided what to wear yet...waiting for some inspiration.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Good afternoon. Is Basenotes dying? The problems from the previous server seem to recurred.
    Dying, no-- but languishing, yes. I hope it doesn't take too long to fix it this time around.

No SotD yet. I seem to be languishing as well, scent wise.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Tuesday 29th January 2013

EAU DE TOILETTE
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning, everyone -

I'm in Caron Infini, 70s parfum, and a light spray of pdt ...so lushly fresh with glorious aldehydes, hyacinth and narcissus, and smelling particularly radiant at the moment.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hello all. PG Tonkamando
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    L, last night I wore Jicky extrait to dinner & the hostess seating us complimented me on my scent. I was shocked, I've never received a compliment wearing this one. I would love to smell Jicky on someone else, but of course I never do. It made me think of you.

Today, I haven't decided what to wear yet...waiting for some inspiration.
    Yep, I agree. I have never been complimented on my Jicky outings. Wait... once at work. It was rather summery and about 6-7 hours into my wearing. It was the EdP and all I perceived was very faint occasional whiffs of dirty vanilla. The ladies 2-3 metres away said they smelled a very discreet yummy 'aura' and wanted to know what it was (I always say 'oh, something Guerlain' as it made no sense explaining them what it was). BUT I also remember once on the train... a woman joining at one station went straight to her friend opposite of me and meant 'duh, it's rather stinky in here!'. There was an 'ungroomed' man close to us, so they faulted him. I am pretty sure, I was the stinker.

We smell GREAT, Mike! That's all that matters.

Good morning, good smelling people.

Datura Blanche. I smell good. Assertively. Also a black pencil skirt (in which I look like an actual pencil, with my, um, minimalist curves) and my christmas presents, one for each foot, let's see if the link works...

leopard-pump2.jpg

(ETA)feeling all clean and pretty, a distinct upgrade from last night, when I had not one, but two violently puking children to deal with. They seemed fine this morning and are off to school, it is wierd. They must have both eaten something bad (these 2 go to the same school so lunch seems a likely culprit).

? ? ?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paradeiserl; 29th January 2013 at 07:13 PM.
    My 10 August favorites (houses alphabetical)

Asprey Purple Water
    Balenciaga L'Essence
    Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna
    Dunhill Custom
    Gainsboro G-man
    George F. Trumper Marlborough Cologne
    Givenchy Vetyver
    Lalique White
    Penhaligon's Racquets formula
    Rodier Pour Homme

Six (yes six) sprays of hypnotic poison. Can you believe that this will be almost gone in about five hours. Husband will come home and not be able to smell anything on me at all.

They don't call me scentsucker for nothin' folks.

Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir

Nothing yet, but I'm thinking about Shalimar edc. Last night I went to sleep in vintage Emeraude pdt. It's delish, but Chantilly is still my favorite.

Larimar and Mike, you two can sit near me anytime when you're wearing Jicky.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

You kids are funny this morning.

Yesterday I wore En Avion, and while the early stages are rough for me, the dry down I reached later was worth the "work." It smells just the way the real world--the wise, mature, beautiful world--should smell. Shouldn't we be evolving toward finer and finer things?

Today it's Van Cleef & Arpels Gardenia Petale, which I was contemplating yesterday. It's pretty, flowery, syrupy, not so green as I might prefer, slightly tuberosey, has good projection, no rough points, very feminine, and it's not cheap-smelling except for its level of sweetness, which in and of itself is not a cheap quality, but I associate yummy sweetness with Bath and Body Works-type products.

It rained and thundered last night. Today it's just like spring. Tomorrow we're expecting 3 inches of snow. Remember when weather used to be boring and predictable?

Good evening.

SotD has been Myrrhiad.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Yeah, gremlins begone!

Hmmm, Jon, have you ever thought that Trumpers isn't the best name for a vendor of fragranced products?
    LOL, l have!

Good evening all!

Q you smell gorgeous. Gardenia Petale is one of my favourite gardenias, but yes it is on the sweet & creamy side; no blue cheese or mushrooms in sight.

My SOTD on this wet & windy day was 1000 Kisses by Gorilla Perfumes. For this evening l'm going to pull a sample from freddie's latest goody bag, but l haven't decided which one yet.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I was craving something with richness, so tried The Party In Manhattan... but that wasn't quite it, too aldehydic, and realized I wanted some primal deepness.

Now wearing Musc Koublai Khan - very first chakra, grounding.
    Last edited by flathorn; 29th January 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Good Evening,

Tdem - Love Caravaggio's Bacchus. He was a funny chap ( Caravaggio, not Bacchus, though I suspect the latter is no wallflower ).
    Paradeiserl - *in best Dame Edna Everage voice* ' Hello, Possum ' to you, too. Did Barry Humphries make it to German television ?
    No Jicky compliments for me, but then, nobody ever comments on my fragrances.

No.19 (70s Extrait ) tonight, courtesy of my personal Chanel fairy.

Best to all.

Kipling by Weil Parfums

Good morning, all. Better post while I can...

SotD (after the gym) will be Andy Tauer's Incense Rose.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    LOL, l have!
    We're on the same wavelength, and we all know what the F in Geo. F Trumper stands for, right ? -

Celebrating my Mums birthday this evening .
    Guess who is wearing the chefs hat ? - back later.

SotE - Aramis 900.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 29th January 2013 at 04:59 PM.

Good afternoon everyone! I've been lurking for the past week after being gone with a health issue that kept me nauseous and not wanting to smell ANYTHING!

Today I'm drowning in sweetness after a lovely ByKilian rep urged me to try Beyond Love and Sweet Redemption together. It's actually kind of lovely about 4 hours into it.

Missed you all, people who won't consider me "strangely obsessed with perfume".

Welcome back, Elizrj ! I hope you are in better health now.

Happy Birthday to Jon's Mum!!!

Happy Birthday to Mama Rodgers! I know her boy will make her feel special; hope you all have a lovely evening!

Great to see you, elizrj! Hope this means we'll be seeing more of you now! So sorry to hear of your health troubles, hope all is well for you. Welcome back!

Sampling Teint de Neige today. Oh, I love me some powder! I'd buy every well made scent in this style if I could afford to. Yep, this one is beautiful!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Today I'm drowning in sweetness after a lovely ByKilian rep urged me to try Beyond Love and Sweet Redemption together. It's actually kind of lovely about 4 hours into it.
    Wow, talk about diving back in at the deep end!! Welcome back!

Happy Birthday Jon's mum, have a lovely evening! (Still sniggering at "trumping")

SOTE is Memoirs of a Trespasser by lmaginary Authors, from a sample. A delicious, boozy-woody vanilla, yum!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    No Jicky compliments for me, but then, nobody ever comments on my fragrances.
    Aaawww...they must be either speechless, or you are too polite to subject others to multiple sprays and following heavy clouds. I, however, not as considerate and recently suffocated a cashier in the grocery store with Blue Amber . But let me take this opportunity to say that you smell absolutely amazing today!

PerfumedLady isn't TdN just the prettiest powder? I am usually neutral to powders, but this one is something else.

flathorn I promise you, you will enjoy New Mexico should you decide to visit!

House twins with fragranceman88 and gandhajala in Chanel 31 Rue Cambon. I think I see now why it gets so much lovin'...juicy bergamot, the sheerest Chanel 'tchouli', and very pretty flowers...what can go wrong?

Have a wonderful day-evening everyone !

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good to see you back, elizrj!

I finally settled on Jour de Fête for my SotA.

Good afternoon, oh fragrant ones.

I was thinking about 31 Rue Cambon as my SotD, then I was thinking about getting a bottle, and it stayed only in my head. In fact, I applied Jimmy's Garner James Jupiter to Juno which blossoms in the heat and becomes introverted in the cold, and it is behaving all right on this skin today. Mr.T's doctor called -- he will be discharged this Thursday. I am having an afternoon off today and a day off tomorrow -- cleaning, Chinese from frozen and Joanne Harris' newest Peaches for Father Francis. She is a girl very much after my taste, almost like Evangeline.

I decided against Shalimar edc and went with vintage Miss Dior instead, inspired by Nairn's thread on the Fragrance Industry board. Miss Dior was once a signature scent for me - eons ago when a scent like this was considered an appropriate gift for a young girl. Young girls today would run screaming in horror. It smells so sweet and delicious to me. I enjoy revisiting the oldies when I can. Cannot remove nose from wrist.

Jon, I hope your mother enjoys her birthday. I don't see how she can't, spending it in your company. Enjoy!

Twolf, I didn't know she had a new one out. I must check out Peaches and Father Francis! Yay! I'm excited about that. And yay that Mr. T. is coming home soon! And yay for some down time for you! So yay, you!

Hey y'all -

I'm in Knowing for the afternoon.

Oh, PLady - Teint de Neige is a favorite of mine, too ...simply the most indulgent, luxurious and elegant powder perfume there is, imo, and definitely not baby powder. I used it exclusively as a bedtime scent for about five years, and I might have overdone it as I have a hard time wearing it outside of the bedroom now. I actually put it away for a while hoping to revisit it one day soon without that particular association lulling me to sleep, lol! It's just soooo beautiful and comforting and serene and peaceful ....ahhh. The body cream, btw, is as good as if not better than the edp ...actually, if I had to choose just one I'd go with the body cream. I'm usually a sucker for creams anyway, but this one is truly heavenly.

lilybelle - Oh, how I love Miss Dior, especially the old stuff! I think you smell vivacious and sexy and I'm pleased to be so near you.

Happy Birthday wishes to Jon's mom!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ...Chinese from frozen and Joanne Harris' newest Peaches for Father Francis. She is a girl very much after my taste, almost like Evangeline.
    My stars Wolfie, you're making me blush ...not sure I deserve such a fine compliment, but I'll have to check out those peaches, too! I'm so glad you're going to have MrT home soon - hug him lots, with one or two from me. And one or two for you, too.

Hi all!
    SotD has been Joop! All About Eve EdP. I recently bought this one blind, along with Mistero di Roma Donna EdT(Biagiotti).
    Was very lucky - like Mistero very much, LOVE All About Eve.

Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Blog Entries

SOTD: Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone.

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone!

Welcome back elizrj, good to see you here again!

Wishing the happiest of Birthdays to Jon's Mom!!

T, glad to hear Mr. T is doing well enough to come home.

Wearing Dior Dune this evening.

Have a good evening, everyone!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing SL Santal de Mysore today. Perfectly warm and woody on this cold, gray day.

Twolf, good news about your hubby coming home!

Sending birthday wishes to Jon's mom
    I've trademarked the color bleu