Code of Conduct

Default Introduce me to Guerlain

I've don't sampling here and there, but the most of my research was over a decade ago. If I had to pull the trigger on something, should it be Vetiver, Heritage, Imperiale, etc?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Introduce me to Guerlain

Guerlain's Jicky EDT is the one I keep going back to.

The more I sample modern fragrance, the more I appreciate the classics.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNosebleed View Post
    Guerlain's Jicky EDT is the one I keep going back to.

The more I sample modern fragrance, the more I appreciate the classics.
    I recall liking Jicky very much and didn't understand the comments about civet being so off-putting. I think its actually a clean, smooth fragrance. Does it still come in the tin can? Where is the best place to buy Guerlains; from the boutique?

- - - Updated - - -

Pulled the trigger on Guerlain Vetiver from the boutique. I've also got samples of Heritage and Imperial coming with it.

Cant go wrong with Habit Rouge Guerlain

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Guerlain's male perfumes are just not for me. Either too obscure or too mainstream.
    Jicky is the one exception, but I consider Jicky unisex and not male per se.

Guerlain's brilliance lays within their female creations. One has to bow down in awe
    to the grand ol' dames: Shalimar; L'Heure Bleue; Mitsouko and Vol de Nuit.

I'm not the biggest fan of guerlain, but I absolutely love LIDGE. My favorite gourmand fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki View Post
    +1 very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki View Post
    +1 very classy.

Among their more accessible "male" offerings I *like* but don´t love Habit Rouge and Vetiver, but I find them totally striking quality wise. I´m just not in the mood for these two that often. Heritage I find cold and bland, and I don´t like the last years modern mainstream releases.

Some masculines that I DO love are Mouchoir de Monsieur, Dandy and Chamade pour Homme - unfortunately they are a bit harder to come by.

But there are so many more frags to explore in the "female" section. Recently I have come to finally love and wear Shalimar; Mitsouko and l´Heure Bleue are masterpieces too, and please try Vol de Nuit!

There are also some nice stuff in the more excusive modern lines: Rose Barbare, Bois de Armenie, Tonka Imperiale come to mind. And the new take on LHB: l`Heure de Nuit!
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Chamade Pour Homme

Among their more accessible "male" offerings I *like* but don´t love Habit Rouge and Vetiver, but I find them totally striking quality wise. I´m just not in the mood for these two that often. Heritage I find cold and bland, and I don´t like the last years modern mainstream releases.

Some masculines that I DO love are Mouchoir de Monsieur, Dandy and Chamade pour Homme - unfortunately they are a bit harder to come by.

But there are so many more frags to explore in the "female" section. Recently I have come to finally love and wear Shalimar; Mitsouko and l´Heure Bleue are masterpieces too, and please try Vol de Nuit!

There are also some nice stuff in the more excusive modern lines: Rose Barbare, Bois de Armenie, Tonka Imperiale come to mind. And the new take on LHB: l`Heure de Nuit!
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

The only one I've found that is bottle worthy is Habit Rouge EDP. It's one of my favorites.

Very nice suggestions and I hope to work my way through the house in time. I've sample Mitsuoko and LHB, I find the quality very high and would wear them when dressed up perhaps. I chose Vetiver because its something neutral and can also be worn to the gym with no problems. I've been very curious about Chamade and Vol de Nuit, but I didn't think to ask for samples. My how could I have made that mistake?

My favorites from Guerlain are Vetiver and Heritage (and I wear these two very often). I find them extremely versatile and they just smell great and timeless.

And don't forget about Derby. It's one I am probably about to purchase, having sampled it quite a few times now.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

My favorites from Guerlain are Vetiver and Heritage (and I wear these two very often). I find them extremely versatile and they just smell great and timeless.

And don't forget about Derby. It's one I am probably about to purchase, having sampled it quite a few times now.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."