Code of Conduct

Default Any suggestions for a dry, tiny bit sweet, chocolate and rose scent?

The closest Ive come is Tom Ford's Noir.

I dont care if it's niche or not. Any help perfume geniuses??

Default Re: Any suggestions for a dry, tiny bit sweet, chocolate and rose scent?

The best dry (oud), slightly sweet, chocolate, and Rose scent I've come across is:

Arabian Oud's Mukhallat Al Diwan.
    Arabian Oud's Mukhallat Al Sheyokh is similar but leaning more towards Rose
    Arabian Oud's Mukhallat Al Qaser is similar but leaning more towards dry wood.

Default Re: Any suggestions for a dry, tiny bit sweet, chocolate and rose scent?

Noir de Noir is the best Chocolate Rose combo I have ever gotten my nose on.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

I must confess I'm slightly afraid of oud's. But I might not know what I'm talking about. I sampled Creed's Royal Oud and almost died. However I shall look into these. You caught my interest, since I've never even heard of these. TY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Roger that. Thank you. I was wondering if NdN is so much better than Noir to deserve the price difference. I guess it must be.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjFB4KiklCY

- - - Updated - - -

OMG I'm getting excited. Just ordered a 30ml decant of Ndn. Now Cafe Rose.....? Hmmmmm....to ebay I go again.

Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post

Well, I haven't tried many but I really liked Tom Ford 'Cafe Rose'. Its not as complex as Noir de Noir but I found it had a 'coolness' that NdN didn't and it isn't overly sweet. If you know the smell of chocolate rose creams then this is exactly it!

Cafe Rose is average at best IMO. Save your money.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Aparishun View Post
    I must confess I'm slightly afraid of oud's. But I might not know what I'm talking about. I sampled Creed's Royal Oud and almost died. However I shall look into these. You caught my interest, since I've never even heard of these. TY
    Just stay away from Mukhallat Al Qaser...it's too much Oud for me. I don't like Oud, albeit very dry, cool Cambodian Ouds. And Arabian Oud's other 2 mukhallats were very nice and totally accessible to western pallettes. Just a hint of Oud in each.

H.M. by Hanae Mori is one I like with chocolate and rose notes.

Noir de Noir is wonderful for a rose and chocolate scent.

Basenotes Institution

100% Love by S-Perfume
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

NdN is much richer than Noir. And as others have said, it is also richer than Cafe rose.

As for 100% Love, I've heard of it too. Is it still around? has it been renamed/reissued somewhere?

cacio

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post

As for 100% Love, I've heard of it too. Is it still around? has it been renamed/reissued somewhere?

cacio
    Luckyscent shows it.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...0%25_Love.html

Thanks! Somehow, I never happen in stores who sell the brand, I'll have to find a way to try.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    100% Love by S-Perfume
    this ^^^^ hands down.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Briar Rose, Ineke.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Rose + earth (dry aspect your looking for) = Voleur de Roses
    No chocolate/cocoa though.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    100% Love by S-Perfume
    I think S-Perfume's 100% Love is the rename and used to be A Lab On Fire's Rose Rebelle.

Oh and +1 but make sure you test it first. It is perhaps not what you'd expect. I do love it though.

Rose and chocolate? Sound just like the fragrance that Redolessence reviewed not too long ago. It's called Untitled #2 by Magnetic Scent

Rose, cinnamon, vanilla and chocolate is the notes you'll going to get. He gave it a 10/10 for projection and longevity, so you don't need to worry about that!

Order a sample if your interested: http://www.magnetic-scent.com/product-category/samples/

Versace Black Jeans - slightly, but not overly gourmand, dark rose opening, also dry in spite of a moderate sweetness, leathery-spicy drydown, also further floral and gourmand notes (somewhat like fudge, somewhat like marzipan, yet again not overly sweet).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    Rose and chocolate? Sound just like the fragrance that Redolessence reviewed not too long ago. It's called Untitled #2 by Magnetic Scent

Rose, cinnamon, vanilla and chocolate is the notes you'll going to get. He gave it a 10/10 for projection and longevity, so you don't need to worry about that!

Order a sample if your interested: http://www.magnetic-scent.com/product-category/samples/
    This sounds incredible, but my oh my is it pricey
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    This sounds incredible, but my oh my is it pricey
    I hear ya bro!
    I ordered a sample a few days ago, I can't wait to smell it and see if it's worth all that money.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    I hear ya bro!
    I ordered a sample a few days ago, I can't wait to smell it and see if it's worth all that money.
    Please post a review when you get them!!
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Please post a review when you get them!!
    No problem buddy!

In the meantime, check out the in-depth Redolessence review, if you already haven't : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OehXDTrhTiM

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I agree. I think it's a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    THIS! Plus, it's cheap online and it works wonders as a compliment catcher. The only negative is that it might be too sweet for you...? If it isn't too sweet, snap this one up because it's one heck of a bargain.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Santal Majuscule might qualify, although the chocolate/cocoa is pretty subtle and to me it is more of a rose and sandalwood scent with some subtler gourmand notes.