Code of Conduct

Default Anyone have an old Green Valley cap that they are no longer using?

Received a free tester bottle (2.5 oz) from a Creed rep that was ~ 90% full, but it had no cap. Willing to trade a reasonable size decant of something from my wardrobe for said cap. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, mods move as necessary.

Default Re: Anyone have an old Green Valley cap that they are no longer using?

If you are close to a Creed Boutique, you could probably drop in and check. Or just call the boutique in NYC. See what those guys can do for you.

Does it have to be the Green Valley Creed cap or any Creed cap?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yeah, it would need to be the cap from the the Green Valley bottle. Clear cap with green Creed emblem on top I believe. For me it is more about a complete piece in my collection than just having a cap if you know what I mean (perhaps I'm just being OCD though).

Quote Originally Posted by pharmgator01 View Post
    Yeah, it would need to be the cap from the the Green Valley bottle. Clear cap with green Creed emblem on top I believe. For me it is more about a complete piece in my collection than just having a cap if you know what I mean (perhaps I'm just being OCD though).
    Completely understand but I'd thought I'd ask as I will have a grey and a black cap available pretty soon.

There really should be a "Creed Cap Swap" thread, if there already isn't. I'm saving all my caps, and if I ever give up this hobby there will be a lot of basenoters with testers that will suddenly be happy campers.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I've got some Creed caps that I acquired over the past year and it's amazing how the caps take on the smell of whatever they were originally on.

For instance, I bought a couple of bottles of hard to find Creeds on eBay and the sellers stuck on a mismatched Creed cap just to put something on it. When I received the bottle and smelled the sprayer, I was concerned at first because the sprayer had taken on the smell of the cap (that didn't match the scent in the bottle). That was quickly remedied by one spray and leaving the cap off. But even after soaking the caps in warm water, I could still smell the original fragrance they were on.

Back to the concerns of the OP though....I can understand wanting to have a cap to make the bottle complete. If you don't find one, however, don't let your OCD interfere too much with your enjoyment because testers aren't supposed to have caps. At least, they frequently don't. And if you ever decided to sell it, you could just list it as a tester and most buyers will understand the reason it doesn't have a cap.

Green Valley is a fantastic fragrance! You were very lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Hi Hednic, I'd love to take the black cap off your hands once it becomes available. I'd be more than happy to pay for shipping to the UK. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I've got some Creed caps that I acquired over the past year and it's amazing how the caps take on the smell of whatever they were originally on.

For instance, I bought a couple of bottles of hard to find Creeds on eBay and the sellers stuck on a mismatched Creed cap just to put something on it. When I received the bottle and smelled the sprayer, I was concerned at first because the sprayer had taken on the smell of the cap (that didn't match the scent in the bottle). That was quickly remedied by one spray and leaving the cap off. But even after soaking the caps in warm water, I could still smell the original fragrance they were on.

Back to the concerns of the OP though....I can understand wanting to have a cap to make the bottle complete. If you don't find one, however, don't let your OCD interfere too much with your enjoyment because testers aren't supposed to have caps. At least, they frequently don't. And if you ever decided to sell it, you could just list it as a tester and most buyers will understand the reason it doesn't have a cap.

Green Valley is a fantastic fragrance! You were very lucky!
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I had purchased two Creeds that day and some deodorant. I asked her if she had any remaining bottles of Green Valley, she said hold on, and came back with a nearly full tester. I thought she was going to decant some for me, but she started wrapping the tester and said she couldn't display it any longer since the fragrance was in the vault. It was very kind of her. It is definitely a very unique and lovely fragrance. Not sure why Creed discontinued.