Code of Conduct

Default Introduce me to Guerlain

I've don't sampling here and there, but the most of my research was over a decade ago. If I had to pull the trigger on something, should it be Vetiver, Heritage, Imperiale, etc?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Introduce me to Guerlain

Guerlain's Jicky EDT is the one I keep going back to.

The more I sample modern fragrance, the more I appreciate the classics.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNosebleed View Post
    Guerlain's Jicky EDT is the one I keep going back to.

The more I sample modern fragrance, the more I appreciate the classics.
    I recall liking Jicky very much and didn't understand the comments about civet being so off-putting. I think its actually a clean, smooth fragrance. Does it still come in the tin can? Where is the best place to buy Guerlains; from the boutique?

- - - Updated - - -

Pulled the trigger on Guerlain Vetiver from the boutique. I've also got samples of Heritage and Imperial coming with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant go wrong with Habit Rouge Guerlain

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guerlain's male perfumes are just not for me. Either too obscure or too mainstream.
    Jicky is the one exception, but I consider Jicky unisex and not male per se.

Guerlain's brilliance lays within their female creations. One has to bow down in awe
    to the grand ol' dames: Shalimar; L'Heure Bleue; Mitsouko and Vol de Nuit.

I'm not the biggest fan of guerlain, but I absolutely love LIDGE. My favorite gourmand fragrance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki View Post
    +1 very classy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki View Post
    +1 very classy.

Post Thanks / Like

Among their more accessible "male" offerings I *like* but dont love Habit Rouge and Vetiver, but I find them totally striking quality wise. Im just not in the mood for these two that often. Heritage I find cold and bland, and I dont like the last years modern mainstream releases.

Some masculines that I DO love are Mouchoir de Monsieur, Dandy and Chamade pour Homme - unfortunately they are a bit harder to come by.

But there are so many more frags to explore in the "female" section. Recently I have come to finally love and wear Shalimar; Mitsouko and lHeure Bleue are masterpieces too, and please try Vol de Nuit!

There are also some nice stuff in the more excusive modern lines: Rose Barbare, Bois de Armenie, Tonka Imperiale come to mind. And the new take on LHB: l`Heure de Nuit!
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Chamade Pour Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Among their more accessible "male" offerings I *like* but dont love Habit Rouge and Vetiver, but I find them totally striking quality wise. Im just not in the mood for these two that often. Heritage I find cold and bland, and I dont like the last years modern mainstream releases.

Some masculines that I DO love are Mouchoir de Monsieur, Dandy and Chamade pour Homme - unfortunately they are a bit harder to come by.

But there are so many more frags to explore in the "female" section. Recently I have come to finally love and wear Shalimar; Mitsouko and lHeure Bleue are masterpieces too, and please try Vol de Nuit!

There are also some nice stuff in the more excusive modern lines: Rose Barbare, Bois de Armenie, Tonka Imperiale come to mind. And the new take on LHB: l`Heure de Nuit!
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one I've found that is bottle worthy is Habit Rouge EDP. It's one of my favorites.

Very nice suggestions and I hope to work my way through the house in time. I've sample Mitsuoko and LHB, I find the quality very high and would wear them when dressed up perhaps. I chose Vetiver because its something neutral and can also be worn to the gym with no problems. I've been very curious about Chamade and Vol de Nuit, but I didn't think to ask for samples. My how could I have made that mistake?

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites from Guerlain are Vetiver and Heritage (and I wear these two very often). I find them extremely versatile and they just smell great and timeless.

And don't forget about Derby. It's one I am probably about to purchase, having sampled it quite a few times now.
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites from Guerlain are Vetiver and Heritage (and I wear these two very often). I find them extremely versatile and they just smell great and timeless.

And don't forget about Derby. It's one I am probably about to purchase, having sampled it quite a few times now.
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."