Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD, Wednesday 30th January 2013

decided to try out for the first time, a sample of Lyric Woman, right before work. It's lovely as hell, I don't know why I didn't try the sample sooner. <3 and hugs.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"Youíre buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try Iíll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday JOE! We miss you.

Having probs getting into Basenotes guys.

JHAG Romantina, a very pretty uber feminine almost chypre, from a sample.

Evangeline, you smell lovely in your clouds of Miss Dior! You all do in here! I almost wore Miss Dior again today, but this afternoon I finally got around to SotD and it turned out to be vintage Ma Griffe pdt. I suppose I am a fan of Jean Carles. One good thing about my hormones going wacky is that I can enjoy so many oldies I once knew in a new way, and some I never knew for the first time. Some, though, are just not doable at all. I am rediscovering my skin chemistry.

Cello, Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur's violet + leather combination sounds nice.

Happy Birthday, Joe, wherever you are! We're enjoying your party!

Hey y'all -

I'm now in the original Calvin Klein for women, the incredibly gorgeous discontinued one in the glossy burgundy box.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Scentsucker, very nice to hear you were keen on Interlude that some reviewers call "messy". If I am ever going to purchase another FB from Amouage, it will be it.

Still in the same house, a different scent -- Vetiver Oriental for the evening.

SOTE: Xerjoff Bouquet Ideale. I so wish I didn't love this one as much as I do. Fear I'll drain my small decant quite rapidly because it's such a beauty!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE:

Creed Aventus.

Good evening dear people. I have been scent less today as getting up and about yesterday meant today I was bed bound. I dislike being scented when under the weather or in pain due to associating the scent with the feeling ever after.

Tomorrow I shall rise and visit the Dr again. Physio is going to cost me an arm and a leg

Basenotes Institution

Don't worry about the money, A.! Please let Mr.A and others pamper you a little: chocolates, tea, foot rub. Hope you get to feel better. Hugs.

Alityke, I hope you feel better soon. So many people here are down with flu and who knows what else. A new norovirus strain they're talking about now.

SotE is Chantilly powder and edt -- my p.m. comfort scent, the scent of my down & feather dreams. I'm excited this evening because we're going to visit some friends next weekend that I haven't seen in a long time, and there will be a big Mardi Gras bash on Saturday night. I have to come up with a costume, though. I have to work quickly.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Joe, wherever you are! I hope you had a good day.

Unseasonably warm around here today, with lots of fog. Weird weather!

Happy Birthday to Joe!

Feel better hugs to Ali!

I loved Teint de Neige so darned much, Evangeline! I can see why you'd choose it for bedtime, I tend to reach for those cozy and powdery things then as well. But do give it some more love! In the light of day! It's so gorgeous, it deserves to be taken out and shown off.

In Coromandel and crossed fingers for this post to go through!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Scentsucker - I had your experience yesterday. My skin ate all my fragrances, and some of them were BIG. I looked at your wardrobe and see you have many big rich stalwart perfumes. I see why.

Skin back to normal today - wearing some of the last of my Opone which mesmerizes me.

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn View Post
    Skin back to normal today - wearing some of the last of my Opone which mesmerizes me.
    Oooohhh, I like Opone a lot. But of course, it's discontinued and hard to find

Scentsucker It was very wise of you not to try attars. This way you escaped breaking either you heart or your wallet

My SOTE was shared between Shalimar EdT and Bvlgari Black. Leather all day, ain't nothing wrong with that!