Code of Conduct

Default SotD, Wednesday 30th January 2013

Hugs for all, it's early afternoon here already and the weather is awful. We have a thaw, it's raining and the snow has almost melted to zero.

SOTD is Dior Oud Ispahan

Default Re: SotD, Wednesday 30th January 2013

Morning All,

Hope your test the other day went well, lucasai.

Tabac Blond (extrait) for me.

Have a great Wednesday, folks.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all ! - bright and breezy here.

Happy Birthday petruccijc

SotD is V&R Spicebomb.

C'est Magique by Kesling

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Petruccijc!

Kenzo Amour for me today.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Yes, Happy Birthday, Joe (if you are reading this)!
    Major thawing here too. Not that I mind... the 1+ ft of old snow was not only disgusting but rather harsh and icy on top already.
    Had to give a presentation this morning, so I am in a more 'chilling' mood now.
    Whiffs of skanky goodness around me... Jicky Extrait. No change, right!
    Best to all

Bonjour!

Blog Entries

Afternoon, all!

l'm not scented yet as l'm lazing around on my day off. l'll get it together after a shower.

After a stormy night, it's bright & breezy here, too.

Happy Birthday Joe, do let us know if you're reading this!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good morning everyone, and very happy birthday to Petruccijc!

Reglisse Noire today; and the 8 year old was wearing taylor swift wonderstruck; the car smelled pretty good this morning.

Happy birthday Petruccijc!

I've just spent a lovely morning in the Amouage boutique in London. I was the sole visitor at the time and sampled quite a few, including the new Beloved. Ended up buying the sampler set, as I loved a lot of the offerings, including Epic, Lyric and Memoir, to warrant full wearings. To be honest, I couldn't find a single dud, they are all beautifully complex, even the ones that are not to my taste are elegantly crafted.

Beloved is a dry chypre that I'm still undecided about, but the SA obviously clocked I was a perfume nut, and gave me a sample. Beware, this scent is more expensive than the regular line, even the sample was smaller.

I'm wearing interlude woman now, my goodness it's developing very nicely. Excellent, complex fruity incense.

I think quite a few of the full bottles will be on my shopping list when I transit though Dubai airport next month.
    Last edited by Scentsucker; 30th January 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Thumbs up Re: SotD, Wednesday 30th January 2013

MAZZOLARI
    PATCHOULY

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Argh, base notes why does your sever vex me so??
    Last edited by Scentsucker; 30th January 2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Diabolical server

Good morning, everyone -

I was in Knowing at the time so it had to wait, but in yesterday's thread lilybelle put me right in the mood for vintage Miss Dior, so now I'm in a big cloud of the 60's edt.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good afternoon.

Some (a lot, actually ) Bornéo 1834 to cut through the thick fog, this morning!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday petruccijc!

Wearing Chanel Coco edp, long lasting and lovely.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! We're getting some snow today, but the temps are starting to
    fall, forecast says we'll be back to -28F by tomorrow night. I've had enough
    with the cold, hope February will be nicer.

Happy Birthday, Petruccijc!!

Wearing Prada Infusion d'Iris.

Have a great day!

Working all right today? (knocking on wood)

Happy Birthday to JC, please start posting again with us willya?

Serge Lutens Un Lys.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday to one of BN's hallmarks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    I've just spent a lovely morning in the Amouage boutique in London. I was the sole visitor at the time and sampled quite a few, including the new Beloved. Ended up buying the sampler set, as I loved a lot of the offerings, including Epic, Lyric and Memoir, to warrant full wearings. To be honest, I couldn't find a single dud, they are all beautifully complex, even the ones that are not to my taste are elegantly crafted.
    Color me green.
    “Basenotes, why dost thou's server vex me so.” (Good one, Scentsucker.)

Kiliwia, you always bring the prettiest pastel colors to your posts.

A craving that caught me last night and just struck again surprises me: Shalimar. I must be growing up.

I'm wearing the vintage edc, but thinking about how I prefer the top notes from the newest formulation.

Happy birthday Petruccijc!

My goodness, Scentsucker, I am jealous of your trip to Amouage. What fun, and a great chance to not get rushed into smelling just one and then out the door.

I am testing Love & Tears today, another ByKilian. I have to give a HUGE shout out to the salesrep (Daniel Vinson) for Kilian at Saks in downtown Chicago. By far the best of the best, and passionate about his line. He took so much time with me, was incredibly knowledgeable, interesting and enthusiastic. He loaded me down with samples (something more and more stores are stopping), and even made me up a travel size sample of one I was very interested in. He even went and raided the other counters for samples because he knew I was so interested. Is there somewhere we can rave on sales reps that people ought to look up when they're in town, because I highly recommend Daniel!

Oh and thank you all for the warm welcome back

Blog Entries

SOTD is Allure, for popping out to meet my bf. He loves it on me, & l don't wear it often enough for him, but today l think he deserves a treat..
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all. Huitieme Art Myrrhiad
    DONNA

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Oh and thank you all for the warm welcome back
    Welcome back indeed. Wishing you lotsa healthy posts.

Quarry - I am a recent Shalimar convert and prefer the modern version too, especially in top notes. Yay for sparkly bergamot!

Scentsucker - I am envious of your Amouage morning, did you try any of the attars?

Happy Birthday, petruccijc!

For the first time braving the Bandit. Fortunately it's not as scary as I anticipated, but quite nice actually.

Olympic Orchids ~ Dev # 2, The Main Act. A dark, almost sinister fragrance.

Not listed here on Basenotes, the notes are: labdanum, tolu balsam, black agar, musk, castoreum, civet, incense, immortelle, rose, clove, cade, leather, cinnamon.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Whiffs of skanky goodness around me...
    Isn't that an oxymoron ?

SotE - VC&A Midnight in Paris.

Nice to see you back, elizrj

Basenotes Institution

Quarry - once you've fallen under the spell of Shalimar, there is no way to turn back. Bwah, hah, hah...
    Happy Birthday to buddy Joe (petruccijc)! Most likely he won't be reading our Birthday greetings, but I will send him a text now and let him know that his BN peeps are having cake and champagne over here without him.

Today for me, it's a heavy application (+10 sprays) of:

Fille en Auiguilles by Serge Lutens

I'm literally coated in sugary, medicinal pine needles. Yay!!!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quarry, I would have been very happy to have an experienced BNer with me!

Whitefluffy, I didn't dare try the attars, my husband would have killed me if I'd come home with 12 mls of perfume for several hundred £££

Happy Birthday to Joe!!!! I am sure he is enjoying himself today, and also sure that he smells great

Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur for me today, soft suedy leather with violets and a few other fleurs This is a great work fragrance, because it smells fantastic, is well behaved towards others , and morphs and changes enough to keep your interest throughout the day. Highly recommended!

summer means fireflys

I'm testing What We Do In Paris Is Secret today. Love the name, like the fragrance except for the first few minutes. The drydown is lovely ... sweet, creamy, gourmand for grownups.

Notes: bergamot, honey, lychee, Turkish rose, vanilla, heliotrope, tonka bean, tolu, sandalwood, ambergris

I'm hanging around the house today, on call for work. We had a slight dusting of snow and a bit of ice. Roads were bad this morning so I didn't get out and do the errands I had planned. Oh well. Going back to bed was a very unaccustomed treat!

Sending happy birthday wishes to petruccijc!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Good Evening,

Sounds like you had a fun time at Amouage, scentsucker. Nice ( read: pricey ) part of town, too.

Cuir de Russie ( Exclusifs EdT ) tonight.

Best to all.

decided to try out for the first time, a sample of Lyric Woman, right before work. It's lovely as hell, I don't know why I didn't try the sample sooner. <3 and hugs.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Happy Birthday JOE! We miss you.

Having probs getting into Basenotes guys.

JHAG Romantina, a very pretty uber feminine almost chypre, from a sample.

Evangeline, you smell lovely in your clouds of Miss Dior! You all do in here! I almost wore Miss Dior again today, but this afternoon I finally got around to SotD and it turned out to be vintage Ma Griffe pdt. I suppose I am a fan of Jean Carles. One good thing about my hormones going wacky is that I can enjoy so many oldies I once knew in a new way, and some I never knew for the first time. Some, though, are just not doable at all. I am rediscovering my skin chemistry.

Cello, Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur's violet + leather combination sounds nice.

Happy Birthday, Joe, wherever you are! We're enjoying your party!

Hey y'all -

I'm now in the original Calvin Klein for women, the incredibly gorgeous discontinued one in the glossy burgundy box.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Scentsucker, very nice to hear you were keen on Interlude that some reviewers call "messy". If I am ever going to purchase another FB from Amouage, it will be it.

Still in the same house, a different scent -- Vetiver Oriental for the evening.

SOTE: Xerjoff Bouquet Ideale. I so wish I didn't love this one as much as I do. Fear I'll drain my small decant quite rapidly because it's such a beauty!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE:

Creed Aventus.

Good evening dear people. I have been scent less today as getting up and about yesterday meant today I was bed bound. I dislike being scented when under the weather or in pain due to associating the scent with the feeling ever after.

Tomorrow I shall rise and visit the Dr again. Physio is going to cost me an arm and a leg

Don't worry about the money, A.! Please let Mr.A and others pamper you a little: chocolates, tea, foot rub. Hope you get to feel better. Hugs.

Alityke, I hope you feel better soon. So many people here are down with flu and who knows what else. A new norovirus strain they're talking about now.

SotE is Chantilly powder and edt -- my p.m. comfort scent, the scent of my down & feather dreams. I'm excited this evening because we're going to visit some friends next weekend that I haven't seen in a long time, and there will be a big Mardi Gras bash on Saturday night. I have to come up with a costume, though. I have to work quickly.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Joe, wherever you are! I hope you had a good day.

Unseasonably warm around here today, with lots of fog. Weird weather!

Happy Birthday to Joe!

Feel better hugs to Ali!

I loved Teint de Neige so darned much, Evangeline! I can see why you'd choose it for bedtime, I tend to reach for those cozy and powdery things then as well. But do give it some more love! In the light of day! It's so gorgeous, it deserves to be taken out and shown off.

In Coromandel and crossed fingers for this post to go through!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Scentsucker - I had your experience yesterday. My skin ate all my fragrances, and some of them were BIG. I looked at your wardrobe and see you have many big rich stalwart perfumes. I see why.

Skin back to normal today - wearing some of the last of my Opone which mesmerizes me.

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn View Post
    Skin back to normal today - wearing some of the last of my Opone which mesmerizes me.
    Oooohhh, I like Opone a lot. But of course, it's discontinued and hard to find

Scentsucker It was very wise of you not to try attars. This way you escaped breaking either you heart or your wallet

My SOTE was shared between Shalimar EdT and Bvlgari Black. Leather all day, ain't nothing wrong with that!