Code of Conduct

Default Gift Certificate at Macys

Hey guys, i received a gift card for 50.00 at Macys and figured i'd go buy a new scent with it. I'm mentioned in previous posts that I've dwindled down my collection from 40+ bottles down to 10 and almost all are Niche, so i figured why not add a nice quality designer scent. I thinking of stopping by during my lunch break and picking up one of the following:

Chanel Bleu
    Prada Amber Intense
    YSL La Nuit

Or any other suggestions for something that can found at Macys.

Thanks

Default Re: Gift Certificate at Macys

I may be in the minority but I have always enjoyed Ferragamo F Black. At least take a sniff.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I may be in the minority but I have always enjoyed Ferragamo F Black. At least take a sniff.
    + 1. Excellent underrated fragrance. Good compliment getter also.

From your list, I would say Chanel Bleu. Didn't care for it the 1st time I tried it about 6 months ago. Received a sample yesterday and tried it again. Fell in love with it, and went a bought a full bottle last night.

Out of the three, I would say Chanel Bleu. Akahina made a good suggestion. Ferragamo Black would be a better choice (just so happens to be my SOTD).

Allure Homme (original)

I'm leaning towards Bleu. Out of my collection i have a lot of unique frags that fit the bill for different settings but something like Bleu just seems like a very easy wear, everyday type of scent and from what i remember had pretty good performance. Plus doesn't hurt that the ladies love it

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    I'm leaning towards Bleu. Out of my collection i have a lot of unique frags that fit the bill for different settings but something like Bleu just seems like a very easy wear, everyday type of scent and from what i remember had pretty good performance. Plus doesn't hurt that the ladies love it
    When it comes to the ladies, you're better off with Egoiste. At least, you won't smell like 1 out of 3 guys other there wearing Bleu.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    When it comes to the ladies, you're better off with Egoiste. At least, you won't smell like 1 out of 3 guys other there wearing Bleu.
    original egoiste or Platinum?

You may want to also test Mont Blanc Legend. I believe they still carry it. It's a more mature version of A&F Fierce. When I tested it I got about 2 hours of Platinum Egoiste and then it dried down into more of a smooth Fierce. Not bad and a good price for what you get.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

original egoiste or Platinum?
    Original

Chanel Bleu
    YSL La Nuit
    I have these two and enjoy both. I take monetary considerations into account when shopping at Macy's (or Sephora, etc.). If I can find the fragrance elsewhere for cheaper, I avoid getting it at these retailers, but if I can't, I have no problem spending a good amount for something I enjoy. In this case, Chanel is a lot harder to find outside of retailers, so I would vote Bleu.

Hey guys, i received a gift card for 50.00 at Macys and figured i'd go buy a new scent with it. I'm mentioned in previous posts that I've dwindled down my collection from 40+ bottles down to 10 and almost all are Niche, so i figured why not add a nice quality designer scent. I thinking of stopping by during my lunch break and picking up one of the following:

Chanel Bleu
    Prada Amber Intense
    YSL La Nuit

Or any other suggestions for something that can found at Macys.

Thanks
    Out of those 3, go for the Prada or Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I have that scent and like it, but there may be something in it that I'm sensitive to; to where I can sneeze and perhaps be irritated. Don't know if it's because of (a) synthetic ingredient(s) or what. Cool bottle too.

La'Nuit gets my vote. Bleu is too generic.

Bleu has a great dry down but I can't suffer the top notes too well. On your list, I'd go with either Bleu or La Nuit, which is easier for me to wear. Off your list, I agree with Mont Blanc Legend or perhaps a Bvlgari.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Prada Luna Rossa is new and pretty good

I'd recommend Armani Eau Pour Homme. I haven't tried the new Nuit version but that might be worth sampling too.

Chanel Bleu from the OP list.