Code of Conduct

Default My skin sucks. Plain and simple.

This morning I had a stark revelation. Each morning I spray a different frag on each of my daughter's wrists right before she leaves for school. Today I sprayed some La Nuit (EDT) and some AdG (Essenza). Wow. Contrary to what I have been thinking, my inability to smell some frags (partially or completely) is apparently not due to my busted up nose and aging. It is because of my skin which, among other things, is drier than a popcorn fart. My good Lord did La Nuit smell good on my daughter's wrist. Heavenly. Essenza, not so much, but each smelled MUCH more potent than on my skin. I am not talking just a little bit. I mean exponentially better and stronger. In terms of longevity, I wouldn't be surprised if this evening they still smell great on her.

I have been trying the scentless lotion thing which has helped a bit but only a bit. I never appreciated how different frags can smell on different people. I've read all about it but thought it was largely a matter of splitting hairs. Not any more.

Frag friendly skin -- another thing I was apparently not blessed with.
    Last edited by Mtnbkr123; 30th January 2013 at 05:58 PM.

Default Re: My skin sucks. Plain and simple.

I have dry skin too and my skin eats perfumes. Clothes keep a frag well, so I spray my clothes (for instance, my shirt in the armpits).

Also, one has to move to longer lasting frag styles. Leathers tend to be very long lasting even on me.

cacio

The only option you have is to respray. Spray as you normally do, wait 10 minutes, then respray in the same spot. The second spray should have better projection than the first round of spraying.

There are a lot worse things to be left without than "Frag friendly skin".

Banned
    Blog Entries

when my skin doesnt project a certain fragrance well, i spray my shirt

Amidst all the horror, I discovered this evening the L'Occitane store in my local mall. First off, I never even knew it was there. Second, even had I so realized, I never would have ventured in but for favourable comments at this site. Wow. Those scents restored my faith in my nose and skin. I am SO impressed with the Eau de Baux and Vetyver. After trying fresh light scent after fresh light scent, Eau de Baux was exactly what I have been looking for. And the Vetyver is divine. Wasn't too thrilled with the Occitane until long after it settled down. And then it gloriously sprung to life. I will be returning for it. The Eau de Baux and Vetyver (but especially the Eau de Baux) were exactly what I have been searching for. Despite my beleaguered nose and brutal skin, these fragrances just shone. Out of all my purchases in the last 2 months, these are the most exciting. I can hardly wait to try them on my daughter's wrists. Hehehe.

Continue using a moisturizer, use a lot more sprays, and spray to your chest.

Thanks. That is precisely what I have been doing, with some success. I have noticed a pretty big difference with Fahreheit (2012 version).

Blog Entries

I have the same trouble...but I have found houses that last all day even on me. Bond no. 9, and Montale fragrances both last all day on even my skin.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

"my skin which, among other things, is drier than a popcorn fart."

My skin is not quite as dry as a popcorn fart, but living in Arizona, it is quite dry. I also do the lotion thing and I try to drink as much water as I can. Staying hydrated also helps your skin to be hydrated and healthy. I tend to spray my frags on the backs of my arms because I find that the hairs on my arms "trap" the fragrance and help me get a lot more longevity.

There is another thread on the "male fragrance discussion" section where somebody mentioned something about rubbing a small amount of unscented oil (Jojoba I assume) then spraying your fragrance on top of the oil. THey said to just put enough oil to moisten the skin. I've never tried it, but actual fragrance oils last longer on skin than alcohol based fragrances, so the theory makes sense.