Code of Conduct

Default suggestions for a men's frag with fruity and floral notes?

For the upcoming spring and summer, I'd like to try something new, and I'm looking for an uplifting men's frag that has fruity and floral notes. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Men's Frag, but I would feel more confident knowing that it has so-called ~*masculine*~ qualities.

I really like Watermelon and melon notes. Perhaps a fruity aromatic?

What I've found:

Villain for Women Christian Audigier for women
    Cool Water Game for Him
    Cool Water Game Happy Summer for Him
    Escada Sunset Heat

While the Cool Waters and Escada look promising to *me*, I'm really apprehensive to try them knowing that they were a limited edition... if I like them, it's going to get harder and harder to find them (and more expensive, too!). The Villain for Women looks to be what I'm looking for, but I'm worried that when I wear it, it'll be obviously a women's frag like the first Paris Hilton perfume for women.

I work at a Macy's-like department store part time, so I can try a lot of the mainstream/mass produced designer frags like Cool Water/ADG/LightBlue/Bleu/YSL/Gucci/etc. so I'm going to have to "blind buy" a few...

From the info I've provided, any suggestions?

Danke!

Default Re: suggestions for a men's frag with fruity and floral notes?

Try Burberry Brit for women. I know it's marketed towards women but it's got a really awesome fruit opening and nutty-floral base. I find it very uplifting. I quite like it a lot, but you should give it a try since it can be easily found at Sephora/Kohl's/Macy's etc.

I suggest you try Kenzo Flower, fresh melony floral, neither too sweet not too floral. Although it is marketed to women, it is actually very close to an old masculine by Caron called Royal Bain de Caron.

cacio

Nautica Voyage or Beyond Paradise Men

Both are good, and cheap.

If you want to go for something pricier, Millesime Imperial by Creed has an EXCELLENT melon note/fruity note and some iris as well. It's a great frag.

Overcome By Fumes

Consider Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Jardin du Nil as an excellent masculine fruity floral. Royal Bain de Caron is great as well, although Caron actually markets it now as a feminine. I'm pretty sure it used to be marketed by them as unisex. Nothing especially feminine about it.

For stuff you might find in your shop, there is Beyond Paradise for Men, although the melon note happens to be one I deplore unfortunately.

Pretty Fruity by Montale

Thanks guys for the suggestions!

I will try the cheaper ones for sure - the Burberry Brit, Beyonce Paradise, and Kenzo.

I have a question, is the Kenzo Flower this one: http://www.basenotes.net/ID10211957.html

I'll try it, but I'm not a fan of powdery frags. Thanks for your recommendation, regardless!

There are a few Flower flankers, so be sure you try the basic one, which you linked. It doesn't smell powdery to me, but of course, opinions differ.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackAdonis View Post
    Thanks guys for the suggestions!

I will try the cheaper ones for sure - the Burberry Brit, Beyonce Paradise, and Kenzo.
    Hey, you probably only made a typo, but just to clarify: It's BEYOND Paradise Men, not "BEYONCE" Paradise

LMAO!

Omg, that was an honest typo.

Also try Love and Luck by Ed Hardy. It's often used as a cheap alternative to Millesime Imperial by Creed.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

My suggestions would be: most of the male scents from the "Jeans" line by Versace, Kenzo Power, JPG Fleur du Male, Dior Fahrenheit 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Nautica Voyage or Beyond Paradise Men

Both are good, and cheap.

If you want to go for something pricier, Millesime Imperial by Creed has an EXCELLENT melon note/fruity note and some iris as well. It's a great frag.
    +1 for Nautica Voyage. I picked this one up for almost nothing after Christmas and was surprised/pleased with it. I'm not a big Nautica fan, but this one is worht at least taking a look at.

Banned
    Blog Entries

paco rabanne 1 million

If it did not have to have both fruit and flowers I'd say that Pure Malt opens with a very nice berry note. As far as florals go, two of my favorites are Chinatown (floriental) and Black Orchid Voil de Fleur (white, creamy floral). The last two are more feminine but I wear them both and am usually very comfortable wearing them.

Banned
    Blog Entries

diesel fuel for life great raspberry opening. xs black by paco great sweet and fruity opening. eddie bauer pure, a stronger and richer kenneth cole reaction.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Histoires de Parfums 1969 is easily wearable to either gender imo.

Also try Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant.

1. Davidoff Cool water Frozen
    2. Hugo Boss Pure
    3. Lacoste Style n Play ( red bottle)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Histoires de Parfums 1969 is easily wearable to either gender imo.
    I'll second this (I love this one), and the suggestion for Millesime Imperial.

I would add this though, I think biehl parfumkunstwerke's al02 might be exactly what you're looking for. Some floral, fruit, spice with good lasting power. Pure unisex. A little spendy, but probably not too much more than the HdP or Creed.

Give it a shot.

florida water. $5 a bottle from any latino/spanish/caribean store or online....blows away fragrances that cost 20 times as much....and your only out $5 if you dont like it

or you can get neroli portofino

- - - Updated - - -

you use it more as a splash though even though it is a edc...good projection and longevity...also seems to have a cola vibe in it as well...very refreshing
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    or you can get neroli portofino
    I very nearly purchased this scent myself, and im still in 2 minds...

What has TF done to this? Its like hes taken everything I was expecting and love and amplified it by 1,000 times synthetically.

It is potent stuff, unaturally so. It reminds me of walking into the fragrance department of somewhere like Harrods with all the female sales assistants, you will recognise the smell immediatley but it is exaggerated to the max. Theres something very natural and quality, yet such a contradiction something so artificial about this fragrance all at the same time.

Does anyone else get this with NF?

Try Paco Rabanne's Ultrared for men. It's very fruity, and there is an edge of patchouli and tonka bean to make it a bit masculine. I personally like it; I used it.

Thank you all. I have so much fun reading reviews about all the frags you've suggested.

Thanks again!