Code of Conduct

Default Frags you'd like to see removed from the market so no one could wear them

It's tragic that amazing scents like Calvin are off the market, yet certain scents linger.

I would love to see the following GONE:

Brut 33....revolting and overpowering

ADG. The equivalent of saying that Hendrix is the best guitarist ever because that's what everyone else says, yet you can't name a song he's done.

Tommy...rotten citrus fruits and BO.

Default Re: Frags you'd like to see removed from the market so no one could wear them

Anything aquatic, 'clean' and containing calone. Scents like those are an insult to quality perfume lovers.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: Frags you'd like to see removed from the market so no one could wear them

I really don't have a problem with any of these three. Brut is pretty sharp, but then again I never smell it on anyone. Tommy I like. And I must admit, I cannot follow your logic on AdG -- what is it you mean? I think nearly everyone on basenotes has smelled AdG and is very familiar with it -- isn't it pretty much the most popular cologne in the world (besides Axe and its ilk)? And it really doesn't smell bad at all. The most common complaint is that it is too "generic," and if you wear it you will smell like bunches of other guys you'll meet on a daily basis. I'd much rather smell any of these three than any version of Axe, Lynx, or the like.

Come to think of it, there's pretty much no scent that I think should be pulled so nobody could wear it. The scents I detest -- MKK comes to mind -- I never smell on anyone, ever.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Frags that contain civet. Just not for me.

If I never smelled Narciso Rodriguez for Her or CK One again I would not cry.

Aramis

Basenotes Plus

None. The more that's out there and available, the more I can differentiate myself.

My favourites
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

A*Men by Mugler.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I really don't have a problem with any of these three. Brut is pretty sharp, but then again I never smell it on anyone. Tommy I like. And I must admit, I cannot follow your logic on AdG -- what is it you mean? I think nearly everyone on basenotes has smelled AdG and is very familiar with it -- isn't it pretty much the most popular cologne in the world (besides Axe and its ilk)? And it really doesn't smell bad at all. The most common complaint is that it is too "generic," and if you wear it you will smell like bunches of other guys you'll meet on a daily basis. I'd much rather smell any of these three than any version of Axe, Lynx, or the like.

Come to think of it, there's pretty much no scent that I think should be pulled so nobody could wear it. The scents I detest -- MKK comes to mind -- I never smell on anyone, ever.
    That's well said.

I like AdG, it smells good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    My favourites
    I like the way you think.

Duplicate.
    Last edited by dougczar; 30th January 2013 at 10:57 PM.

White Diamonds and sun flowers.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Adidas fragrances. What's the point?

Anything that smells fresh or aquatic
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Kouros.

Knize Ten

Anything that I love and wear often so that I never ever smell my scent on anybody else!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Aramis

Obsession for men should only be issued to prisoners along with the orange jumpsuit.

Armani Code Sport

Well, it'd probably be more likely that I'd want scents off that I LIKE, as opposed to ones I may not/'don't' like.

Easier competition? :P

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    None. The more that's out there and available, the more I can differentiate myself.
    Exactly.

Everything EXCEPT for Acqua Di Gio.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

The way I interpret the subject of this posted thread is quite different.

I would like to see Aventus removed from the market and discontinued. It's my absolute favorite, my signature, and I want it removed from stores so others can't buy it. The more its available to the general public, the less unique and one-of-a-kind it becomes. This should be a rare, best-kept-secret gem. After I buy quite a few big bottles to last me a lifetime, then it can be removed from the market and discontinued. Maybe then when people ask me what I'm wearing, I can say "it doesn't matter, you can't have it, it's been discontinued." *wink*

Nothing.

Live & let live.

for swap/sale:

None, I guess the beauty in its fragrance market lies in its nearly inexhaustible diversity... even a diversity, a variety of frags I don't like or at least don't understand, nor am so keen on.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I like the way you think.
    Very nice!

to me: Joop Homme!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Nothing.

Live & let live.
    GREAAAAATTTT!!!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

No such thing. One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Dcampbell

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Adidas fragrances. What's the point?
    While I agree that the more thats out there the more likely someone won't be wearing what I do, but however I would like to see things like this go away because its an obvious cash grab with no effort to make a quality product.

On a personal note I wouldn't mind seeing anything by FCUK go away.

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    when people ask me what I'm wearing, I can say "it doesn't matter, you can't have it, it's been discontinued." *wink*
    I love explaining to someone that I'm wearing this stuff called Dior Homme Intense, talking about it for 5 minutes and then explaining to them that it's the vintage formula and you can't buy it anymore
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

1 MILLION !! I'm sick to death of everyone wearing it.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

I'll add to my list anything containing dihydromyrcenol.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove