Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default British/EU designer sample website?

I've recently ordered about a dozen samples from myperfumesamples.com and I'm really happy with the service, nice 3ml spray vials well packaged.

The only problem was that it took a month to get to me, and that was with their standard $10 shipping. I've bought samples off British eBayer's but that's a bit hit and miss compared to these large sample websites.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a similar website to mps.com (i.e. stocks all the designers, not luckyscent or that German niche website) but is based in UK/Europe?

Default Re: British/EU designer sample website?

http://shop.lessenteurs.com/ is the only one I'm aware of, sadly. Otherwise, there's a few very good sellers on eBay, like kaoslink.

I ordered from The Perfumed Court recently, and while the samples were a pretty good price and hard to find, they too took about a month to arrive. It's something we're sorely missing in the UK.

EDIT: Here's a good thread for reference: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/269...d-samples-(UK)

Les Senteurs is all niche. There is a gap in the market for designer samples in EU & UK for sure.

Ah, damn. Missed the 'designer' part of the question. You may be stuck to either eBay or waiting a month from overseas.

Don't know any off hand.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de for niche.

for designers I stick to ebay.

Basenotes Member

Yeah looks like eBay is the way to go for the moment for one off samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Les Senteurs is all niche. There is a gap in the market for designer samples in EU & UK for sure.
    Do you think so? If I want to try a designer frag, I just go into Boots or whatever. I only buy samples of things I can't find in the stores. I would have thought that is the case for most people.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    Do you think so? If I want to try a designer frag, I just go into Boots or whatever. I only buy samples of things I can't find in the stores. I would have thought that is the case for most people.
    I try a few fragrances at a time on my arm at John Lewis/Boots and then if I initially like it I'll buy a sample online so I can wear it properly for a few days before deciding whether to buy it.

That is true, but buying your own samples gives you a chance to really 'get to know' the fragrance before you jump in and buy it. You often can't judge a fragrance by a few spritzes in a department store.

The Perfumed Court is no good. Happened to me too, like Ken mentioned, took over a month for the samples to arrive.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

I've ordered many samples of hard-to-find designer scents (in the UK; at least outside London). Just looking through past orders on my email account, these include Carven Vetiver, Animale Animale, Baldessarini, Baldessarini Ambre, Kiton for Men, Nightflight by Joop, Nautica Voyage, Rochas Globe, Cuir de Lancome, Weil pour Homme, Dior Jules, Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir, Kenzo Jungle Homme, the Donna Karan reissue range, the Jacomo Art Collection, that Tommy Banana one, etc etc.

I do mainly test designers 'in store' though, but they aren't really proper tests compared to wearing one frag exclusively for a day. Useful for identifying me-too scents and outright stinkers, perhaps.