Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: How would you rate 24 Gold by Scentstory?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll

2 4.26%

0 0%

2 4.26%

1 2.13%

3 6.38%

3 6.38%

8 17.02%

15 31.91%

7 14.89%

6 12.77%

Default I found a new love...24 Gold by Scentstory...how do you rate this one?

I found a new love...24 Gold by Scentstory...I just find this one so beautiful...how do you rate this one? 1 is worst, and 10 being the best...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: I found a new love...24 Gold by Scentstory...how do you rate this one?

I give it a 2.

Default Re: I found a new love...24 Gold by Scentstory...how do you rate this one?

Way too sweet and feminine. I still give it a 5 because it's extremely rich and long-lasting.
    Last edited by acjigga; 1st February 2013 at 06:00 PM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Terre d'Hermes Parfum, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (vintage), Acqua di Parma Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

I give it an 8. Very nice and projects like a beast!

I give it a 9!! Excellent frag. Very similar to Amber Absolute to my nose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    I give it a 9!! Excellent frag. Very similar to Amber Absolute to my nose
    I have my 100ml bottle and my 24ml Credit card letaher pouch bottle

In the 7-8 or even slightly above, according to my opinion about this scent. There is something special about it, a gourmand note almost equaling more mainstream (and more expensive) gourmands.

I'm astonished to see anything less than a 5. Incredible fragrance. Well made, well blended and cheap as hell. The longevity is also unrivalled. 8/10 for me.

If your not a fan of sweet and heavy amber fragrances you'll hate it. Reminds me of Montale's Blue Amber at 1/4 the price. I gave it an 8.

I'll give it a 10, it's my mom's favourite perfume. pensioner's love this stuff..

This blonde cutie at work follow me around everytime I wear 24 gold.... she loves it too...

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    I'll give it a 10, it's my mom's favourite perfume. pensioner's love this stuff..
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Taking price into account it's a 10. It's very nice. If it were priced and bottled as a $150 niche fragrance I'd give it an 8.
    Last edited by Jridgen; 2nd February 2013 at 02:43 AM.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Yes, this is, a, fragrance that would be considered a bang for your buck...

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Taking price into account it's a 10. It's very nice. If it were priced and bottled as a $150 niche fragrance I'd give it an 8.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

A rasberry danish in a bottle. Good sillage and longevity

Its a monster fragrance in every aspect...I bought it almost 15 months back and I loved it then...but now I find it too sweet on me..but I still rate it very high..its a great juice. I would give it a 8
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Will give it a sold 8. Monster longevity, projection and great smell. 1-2 sprays or it will be overbearing, and the wifey likes it.

I've been quite interested in all of these fragrances, but I wish they were easier to come by. I don't really want to blind buy a whole bottle.
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

I bought a 5 ml sample, and fell in love with 24 gold...I knew I had to get a bottle

Quote Originally Posted by goody2141 View Post
    I've been quite interested in all of these fragrances, but I wish they were easier to come by. I don't really want to blind buy a whole bottle.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

where are samples? I havent found them
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

7 - Very sweet fragrance and a little goes a long way.

I got it off ebay

Quote Originally Posted by goody2141 View Post
    where are samples? I havent found them
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Even though I own it, it's not my fave. However, you have gotta respect any scent that is based around a TV series that is not even on Air anymore and gets such respect from the BN comm! It seems to defy logic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by walkdogg View Post
    Even though I own it, it's not my fave. However, you have gotta respect any scent that is based around a TV series that is not even on Air anymore and gets such respect from the BN comm! It seems to defy logic IMO.
    I love the TV show 24, but I don't even associate the frag with the show. It's just an excellent frag IMO

I have never even seen the tv show, or know what the tv show is all about, but I love the fragrance 24 gold.... is that what you call unconditional love? Lol!

I love the TV show 24, but I don't even associate the frag with the show. It's just an excellent frag IMO
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I have never even seen the tv show, or know what the tv show is all about, but I love the fragrance 24 gold.... is that what you call unconditional love? Lol!
    Go and download that show. The 1st few seasons are some of the best TV I have ever seen.

I will have to dl the show

Go and download that show. The 1st few seasons are some of the best TV I have ever seen.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I gave it a 8. I must have over sprayed but it made me sick when I wore it. Most potent Ambers have that effect on me.

I gave it a 10 b/c 11 wasn't an option.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

5, 6. Went with six as the price was really good when I bought it (around £10/50ml). It's nice and pleasant and I did enjoy wearing it a few times. In the end too young/sweet/feminine for me though. People who enjoy Pure Malt and similar fragrances could perhaps appreciate it quite a bit, I'd think.

Yes, if you dont like gourmond fragrance, then you will not like 24 gold.... this fragrance is the opposite of Aramis, and Aqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    5, 6. Went with six as the price was really good when I bought it (around £10/50ml). It's nice and pleasant and I did enjoy wearing it a few times. In the end too young/sweet/feminine for me though. People who enjoy Pure Malt and similar fragrances could perhaps appreciate it quite a bit, I'd think.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

24 Gold is definitley and amber based fragrance, something I do not like. But so is Ambre Nargulie, and I love that stuff. I actually find them to be quite similar, except 24 Gold doesn't have the same character of spices that Hermes has -- in all of their fragrs really, they have their signature take on spices. I think the dry down of 24 Gold ruins it for me, I find it to be a resinous waxy amber, which loses points with me.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Anyone know of a store in northern UK that stocks it?
    Debenhams ? John Lewis? Boots?

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Anyone know of a store in northern UK that stocks it?
    Debenhams ? John Lewis? Boots?
    No mate, you won't find in UK Retail. You can order from here > info@scent-story.com

Prices are as follows:
    - 24 Classic/Gold/Platinum/Go Dark 50ml: USD 40
    - 24 Classic/Gold/Platinum/Go Dark 100ml: USD 55
    - 24 Gold/Classic/Platinum Pocket Spray set: 100ml + 24ml pocket spray USD 59 - this is 24ml of product in a flat and fancy container for just 4$ more than price of the 100ml.

+ shipping charges (10 to 20 USD depending on weight).

I bought option 3 and it ended up being about £45.00 delivered for the 100ml + 24ml (leather pouch)

Thanks for the post. I've never tried this one, but it looks like one I'll have to try.

No mate, you won't find in UK Retail. You can order from here > info@scent-story.com

Prices are as follows:
    - 24 Classic/Gold/Platinum/Go Dark 50ml: USD 40
    - 24 Classic/Gold/Platinum/Go Dark 100ml: USD 55
    - 24 Gold/Classic/Platinum Pocket Spray set: 100ml + 24ml pocket spray USD 59 - this is 24ml of product in a flat and fancy container for just 4$ more than price of the 100ml.

+ shipping charges (10 to 20 USD depending on weight).

I bought option 3 and it ended up being about £45.00 delivered for the 100ml + 24ml (leather pouch)
    Cheers,sounds ok but I'm not up for any blind buying unless it's dirt cheap. (ebay used works well for me.)

No problem, well hope you will like 24 gold too when you get a chance to try it....

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    Thanks for the post. I've never tried this one, but it looks like one I'll have to try.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

After reading all the hype online over this stuff I decided to try it out. Don't know if my expectations were too high or what but I was expecting an awesome gourmand but to my nose it was pretty synthetic which I couldn't get past. I ended up selling my bottle.

Blog Entries

I tried it, but it dried down to a spiciness that I didn't like. The opening is rich and sweet, with a nice balance of spice, but the dry-down spice was bland. I give it a 5 because it is inexpensive and has decent longevity. Not on par with Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but not as expensive either.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Im sorry to say this but after i bought 24 Gold...i sold it in 2 days.
    I was expecting a gourmand bomb...but what i received was something else.
    I bought the 100 ml + 24 pocket spray version from FragranceX, on my skin, the longevity was very good 10 hours + but the sillage & projection was weak, after 2 hours the scent was close to the skin, projection was weak from the beggining but after 2 hours it was very very close to the skin, props to longevity...but it was not the beast i was expecting for.
    The smell is unique, oud + raspberry, sweet and dark, but at 50$ you can get a better gourmand, IMHO.
    Soo i sold my bottle, this was a big dissapointment...the hype is not real, belive that, YES it has very good longevity, YES it smells unique like nothing else on the market....but the sillage and longevity are very weak.
    And you can say its my PH...my skin, but i tested the perfume on 3 other persons...and it was the same, dont belive the HYPE guys, i rate this 7, because of the smell and longevity, maybe this is a good office scent, but its not a monster for clubbing or dating, sorry 24 Gold.

It's a very unique gourmand of above average quality, best used sparingly and during the colder months.

I would rate it an 8 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
    at 50$ you can get a better gourmand, IMHO. can you give some examples please?

YES it has very good longevity....but the sillage and longevity are very weak. huh? So which is it?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

This is an outstanding fragrance. I blind bought it and was so pleased. It is one of my favorites.

Amazing for the price.

I bought the 100 ml + 24 pocket spray version from FragranceX, on my skin, the longevity was very good 10 hours + but the sillage & projection was weak, after 2 hours the scent was close to the skin, projection was weak from the beggining but after 2 hours it was very very close to the skin, props to longevity...but it was not the beast i was expecting for.
    The smell is unique, oud + raspberry, sweet and dark, but at 50$ you can get a better gourmand, IMHO.
    Soo i sold my bottle, this was a big dissapointment...the hype is not real, belive that, YES it has very good longevity, YES it smells unique like nothing else on the market....but the sillage and longevity are very weak.
    And you can say its my PH...my skin, but i tested the perfume on 3 other persons...and it was the same, dont belive the HYPE guys, i rate this 7, because of the smell and longevity, maybe this is a good office scent, but its not a monster for clubbing or dating, sorry 24 Gold.
    Holy hell! You get weak longevity and silage. Jesus, I get over 24hrs and even then I struggle to get rid of it in the shower. My wife can also smell me from the top floor in our house when I wear it!

I don't know why I find this post funny. How do you know it doesn't project? Did someone test it for you? Did the person also test your scent trail?
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

You can get amen now for $50 I think. There is something off putting about 24gold that I don't like. I love pure malt and amen so I don't hate gourmands.

Exactly, A*Men is much better in the same price range. You want another example...Blue Sugar 3.4oz is about 30$, another great gourmand.
    @Granola: I asked many persons if they detect my fragrance, and they had to get up-close to smell it, soo yes...projection was weak on me. Longevity as i said, very good, 10 hours...not 24 hours like others.
    Maybe the batch on FragranceX has some problems, i dont know, i know many people ordered it from Scentstory, directly from the source on facebook...who knows, maybe i had the wrong batch.

And i had another problem, my batch number on the box was not the same as the batch number on the bottle, that is weird no?

Though I also don't like oud... Smells like vomit a little.

Pretty nice scent but a full spray is way too strong for me. My climate can't handle it.

great scent; fortunately on my skin is not all that sweet as many other complain. I get a lot of amber + spices. Longevity is outstanding and projection seems to be very good as well. I give it a 9.

I gave it a 5.
    Its ok, not that special, and not hype worthy.
    The only thing it has going for it IMO is sweetness and strength.
    A vanilla/amber bomb + oud.

Similar scent? Comptior Sud Pacifique - Vanille Mokha.
    The CSP is better IMO.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 10/09

Scent: 8.5
    Value: 10
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud