Code of Conduct
    The Ultimate Smell
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie - stonger Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme

Yesterday I was wearing Van Cleed & Arpels and it's 70& identical to Aoud Cuir d'Arabie that I once forgot what I was wearing.

In terms of longevity and projection

Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie >>>>>>>>>>>>> Van Cleep Pour Homme

Saying that anybody wants to experience Montale ACdA buy VCA PH and you will know what the Montale will smell like.

Saying that they are both not suitable for my age group (24) and have a little 80's feel to them.

Amouage Epic Man remains my power/cash scent.

Default Re: Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie - stonger Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme

Wow, that's strange.

I'd best seek out VC&A PH again, I smelled it well before I ever sampled (and subsequently bought) Cd'A, and I don't remember them as being similar, but I suppose it was about 3 years between testing the two fragrances.

Cd'A is one of my favourite fragrances, but its nuclear strength limits its wearability - if VC&A is similar but more versatile, I suppose I'd better check it out again.

Post Thanks / Like

have both,

don't find it similar,

two different beast

gotta try both again to find the similarity
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Post Thanks / Like

VC&A PH is my very best favorite. And I can't imagine anyone needing more projection/longevity than it already has.
    It's one of my strongest frags.
    And the VC&A is way cheaper than any Montale.

Update: I just read up on the Montale, and some reviews. The fact that it is classified as a shared/unisex frag, and reading the descriptions in the reviews, I don't see how this one could be very similar to the VC&A.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 1st February 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

The Ultimate Smell
    Post Thanks / Like

Montale is like 10 times stronger and then I compared the notes, of course VCA pH didn't have Oud but had a few similar notes and test it on your skin to get the actual smell.

The other possibility could be, I applied VCA pH on the same spot where I applied ACdA, but can't be because I applied VCA pH after about 3 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    VC&A PH is my very best favorite. And I can't imagine anyone needing more projection/longevity than it already has.
    It's one of my strongest frags.
    And the VC&A is way cheaper than any Montale.

Update: I just read up on the Montale, and some reviews. The fact that it is classified as a shared/unisex frag, and reading the descriptions in the reviews, I don't see how this one could be very similar to the VC&A.
    Yes but end cost when you compare spray and ml per wearing costs, you won't be far off.

Also I find Montale way better. It is much more skankier version and Oud comes in play very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Montale outlasts any other fragrance that I have ever seen or heard or read about.

Own both and nothing similar about them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also Montale outlasts any other fragrance that I have ever seen or heard or read about.
    Try Mancera. It lasts way too long

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

I own both and except for admitting that they are both on the dark end of the fragrance spectrum, I don't find anything similar at all.